Jack Monroe #28 Mayo’s for dunking, threads are for Grunk(a)ing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just to add, today's Hellmann's show was about children, the free meals vouchers could have been mentioned.

Surely it was the perfect opportunity to give some ideas for how to provide lunch for £15 for a child for a week?! Even just mentioning how much those nugget/meatballs cost.
Nothing wrong with (unrinsed) beans on toast

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I’ve got it 💡

Remember the grubby girdle and sweaty bra top pics.... there was going to be a BIG announcement?

She is deflecting because she doesn’t have one. Simples! That’s why she is “going off Twitter”!

Oh and @PennyLoafer i love Clive James, my English teacher used to go on and on about him and I remember watching him and laughing along. She had met him once on a trip to London and said he was everything she hoped he would be 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Okay byyyeee, I’m really going now, byyye.
ok, see you. Bye for now, I’m taking a break.
Have fun storming the castle! Bye, bye!
You hang up. No, you hang up. No, you hang up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
What’s the name for the thing that jack does, where she says she does so much, so many good things, and then people parrot back to her that she’s so good and kind and giving - despite no actual evidence that she’s ever done anything that hasn’t been for her won ends. It’s like a bluff, mixed with reverse gaslighting.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Jack’s such a frequent flouncer off Twitter, I wonder if she’s got some kind of loyalty card. 5 flounces and she gets a free coffee?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
What’s the name for the thing that jack does, where she says she does so much, so many good things, and then people parrot back to her that she’s so good and kind and giving - despite no actual evidence that she’s ever done anything that hasn’t been for her won ends. It’s like a bluff, mixed with reverse gaslighting.
Jacking off?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Sorry if this is niche but Jack's extended Twitter goodbyes really remind me of the scene in Antony and Cleopatra where Antony says he's dying and everyone is like "ok, cool, bring on the pathos" and then he takes like, 18 pages of text to die.

Just bleeping GO. Nobody gives a shite about lockdown larder, EVERYTHING is available in the shops at the moment. Look after your damn son. Get a Nokia 3310. Eat something nutritious (maybe try someone else's recipes, eh?).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Bluff fluffing?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Entering this thread like...

😂 On a more serious note, I'm scared that Jack will be so furious about my name appearing in her thread title. What will she do for revenge? Am I going to get a peach tray bake thrown through my window? A dead turtle lasagne? 😬 Does anyone have the contact details of a Welsh bodyguard?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
There is a lot of parasocial interaction between Jack and her fans. It's really quite bizarre.
I've been thinking about how she deflects criticism. The whataboutery of it all is just like what Trump does. Total deflection.

Reactions: 16
I call it the game of Twitter Peekaboo!

Edit to add gif

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Sorry if this is niche but Jack's extended Twitter goodbyes really remind me of the scene in Antony and Cleopatra where Antony says he's dying and everyone is like "ok, cool, bring on the pathos" and then he takes like, 18 pages of text to die.
This is a classy reference. I went here:

(NB: just a metaphor for leaving Twitter, m'lud. No violence implied)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Out of interest, I had a look at the lockdown larder hashtag.

We thought it was dormant. We were wrong. Jack continues to delight and inspire her fans:
20200616_235557.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
You keep saying that word. I don’t think it means what you think it means...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.