Jack Monroe #273 She’s like David Brent’s crap sister

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The spring bollock s statement, by a smol pixie.

Man next to flag in wrong place,. "Morning everyone, right it's doom, doom for those people, doom for those people and extra doom for those people, ya here."

Everyone in parliament,"aye"
The End!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
My 14yr old son is autistic and although he can read tone and body language, it’s something he’s had to learn and actively do- it’s definitely not something that comes naturally to him. And generally if he’s focusing on reading tone/body language , he isn’t actually listening to what’s been said because that’s too much input coming at once . it would be like trying to grunk and on here , while actively listening to the panel of people after the panel you were on had finished. It’s not possible - you’d would end up picking your nose and dicking around on Twitter instead .
The way you’ve explained it there really helps to show the reality of what it can be like, it sounds exhausting ❤

The impression that I get, from people I know in real life, and everyone patiently explaining here, is that once you’ve met one person with autism, you’ve met, one person with autism.

And yes, Jack‘s not really a big deal overall, but her misrepresentation of neurodiversity contributes to a bigger problem.
Autism, ADHD, Aspergers, OCD, etc, are all still so misunderstood. Jack only ever mentioning stereotypes, or using an alleged condition as a convenient excuse just makes things worse.
I get frustrated that she never signposts to any useful resources for people with ADHD, and it’s the same with autism.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
TD is already on it this morning!
Oh God this thread is like those bits in horror films when people realise the female lead isn’t actually mad. I am SO GLAD people are seeing this person for who they are. Complete charlatan. To think I was once a fan!

Same

Replying to

thank you

Replying to

It's a bit tricky when only loved-up supporters can comment on her threads.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
The shorthand teacher took one look at how fast she could write and said she was in the top 1 per cent fastest writers in the country and learning shorthand would only slow down her talent
And everyone clapped 👏🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 29
and particularly surprising considering only last week in the HoC she was explaining how being forced to live in a cold, draughty and RENTED hovel exacerbated her severe arthritis.
-Today, she's moving faster than Clark Kent in a phone box?
duck alllllllllllllllll the way off.
She's right, seeing it written down really does emphasise the emotion behind the statement. I felt every inch of that "allllllllllllll".

Edit for the inexplicably missing e in every. Must be too cold in my house for my arthritic typing hands.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Rarely dive into her @s but couldn’t resist searching for “Jack Monroe Patreon”… looks like the JKR tweet has started a fire amongst GCs and a few are putting two and two together. Also know the word grifter is a red flag for cross over but idk a lot of these comments feel organic…?

30D23DE0-856F-4482-982E-ABB0A2D389D0.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
I hope any twitter squigs who were entangled by the wonky bonneted pixie and her flying monkeys are ok. We love you guys! Out there fighting the good fight.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
It’s very unfortunate that most of the accounts criticising Jack belong to dreadful TERFs. Well it is to me; it’s probably exactly what she wanted when she wrote the Rowling tweet.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
That's it, I've reached my quota and I am fully over Autism Jack. No more fucks left on the shelves. None left in the stock room either. None in any of our warehouses within a hundred mile radius. We're waiting on a shipment from China, could be months. You're not the messiah autistic, you're a very naughty boy massive bleep.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
As someone who worked in fundraising and finance for a charity I'm with the squig.
And if by some chance there was some legal issue why couldn't she just tweet exactly that rather than ignore and hide comments? I'm sure she wasn't sworn under the Official Secrets Act?
I find it rather sus that there was a “legal issue”, such that no public statements were allowed. If true, it suggests to me something was being disputed. Which wouldn’t surprise me.
And she needs to be transparent about the “other” charity. Or is she really saying people bought the tees not knowing which charity would benefit??
And I reckon she’s definitely been shamed into sorting it out now. It’s quite possible she’d never have got round to it otherwise. After all, she never made the promised donation following her monetised BLM video, did she?
And her tax/furlough position remains dubious too.

Reactions: 36
Pissed off old ladies! Christ. I would def run if I were Jack. Like the Ukrainian pensioner who downed a Russian drone by lobbing a jar of pickled tomatoes.
I once saw a group of old ladies brandish the sharp end of an umbrella at a young bloke who was kicking off on the bus home. By the time he got to his stop, he was bawling 😆

Screenshot_20220323-222615_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
LJC that’s twice now unbeknownst to me Jack is going full chaos and I’ve been grunking and interrupted with my nonsense.
Apologies Ninnies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Rarely dive into her @s but couldn’t resist searching for “Jack Monroe Patreon”… looks like the JKR tweet has started a fire amongst GCs and a few are putting two and two together. Also know the word grifter is a red flag for cross over but idk a lot of these comments feel organic…?

View attachment 1146620
THREAD TITLE NOMINATION: Get stuffed you rich brat

Is there anything better than a pensioner who doesn't give a duck giving it both barrels to someone else?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
View attachment 1146439
wouldn’t reading tone of delivery and body language be almost impossible for an Autistic person, they seem to get that wrong so often, and if they are off their meds wouldn’t the ability to read that nuance be further affected? Genuinely curious, also not wishing to offend x
Now I’ve entered the world of ‘a single Apple please shop keep’ I can’t seem to leave its proper Netflix exposure level.
You don't tend to get meds for Autism. There isn't something that needs medicated. She's been off her ADHD meds. I'm not autistic but my son's are. One can interpret body language and tone very well and is hugely empathetic. The older one struggles more with it. I don't think you can make sweeping generalisations about an autistic person's ability. If you've met one autistic person you've met one individual. They aren't a homogeneous group. That said I'm not entirely convinced she's autistic, it's a convenient peg to hang some of her behaviour on

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I think grifter is used quite a bit in the wild, I think it looks bad when people on twitter use our very specific words like spooooonns or smol pixie or fascist merch and those kind of in-joke words/phrases.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Heard both my missus and mate have the "conflicted" talk about JM and I've sent them the wiki. It was that or playing Jimmy Nail on repeat (which is a banger so, I'm good either way)

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.