Jack Monroe #272 Jack would like some attention on the internet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That whole tweet storm is enough to make me want to hang up my tattle account

She centres herself after a charity event
She is a coparent not a single parent (and had literally just been on holiday with her son's family ffs!!!!!)
She was clearly chuffed the policeman knew who she was but had to embellish the story
She wanted the dhotya tag so she could complain about the dhotya tag
Her squigs (or socks) are now defending her holding back ££ from a charity that feeds people.

Does she have no friends she could've shared this with? She has such an inflated sense of her own importance.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
Good LJC I went to bed at 10pm and missed an entire chaos!

Jokes aside, how has she once again been invited to talk on a really important subject and subsequently, rather than promoting the issue, somehow MADE EVERYTHING ABOUT HER.

She’s unbelievable. Also, having worked in an organisation supporting autistic people, they can lie like anyone else. How utterly and disgustingly ridiculous. She plumbs new depths everyday.
Quoting myself like a Jackhead, but why not just say the policeman recognised my name? It’s not impossible. It’s the embellishments that make you look like a see you next Tuesday.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
That whole tweet storm is enough to make me want to hang up my tattle account

She centres herself after a charity event
She is a coparent not a single parent
She was clearly chuffed the policeman knew who she was but had to embellish the story
She wanted the dhotya tag so she could complain about the dhotya tag
Her squigs (or socks) are now defending her holding back ££ from a charity that feeds people.

Does she have no friends she could've shared this with? She has such an inflated sense of her own importance.
They're all enablers that want to feel good and self righteous.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Good LJC I went to bed at 10pm and missed an entire chaos!

Jokes aside, how has she once again been invited to talk on a really important subject and subsequently, rather than promoting the issue, somehow MADE EVERYTHING ABOUT HER.

She’s unbelievable. Also, having worked in an organisation supporting autistic people, they can lie like anyone else. How utterly and disgustingly ridiculous. She plumbs new depths everyday.
Yes it's quite striking. All we know is it was something to do with single parents but no idea what the specifics were. I saw someone say she spoke powerfully so I imagine it was the usual lies that people don't want to challenge.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
How long will she need to give herself to recover from the emotional effort of her appearance at this single parent event yesterday. Poor ickle pixie will be drained by the emotional labour (not on a comedown from the serotonin hit and emotional high from her tweet frenzy last night)

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I’m not happy. I dreamed about Jack in HoC (well, my brain’s imagination of it) all night long. I need cleansing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Now that the initial WTF is wearing off, I find myself marvelling at how she's completely failed to make even a token pretence at acknowledging anyone else's contribution to the event. Even a tweet saying I spoke at a meeting where we heard from (insert names) and discussed the impact of X policies and put forward X solutions. It's terrifying how self obsessed she is, everything is just a variation of "needless to say, I had the last laugh".

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
OMG we have

Jack vs JK Rowling

Something tells me JK won’t be attending this fight. Jack, she also doesn’t know you.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Jack is absolutely fascinating from a psychological point of view. I actually think that she believes her own lies (encouraged by the likes and pats on the back from the army of squigs) and it's really quite something to behold. The doubling down is glorious.

I have never agreed or disagreed with Monroe's Autism claim as she does display some autistic traits (as do many adults). Struggling with empathy is not a myth but is very misunderstood. Cognitive empathy involves reading and understanding the very nuanced emotions of another person (putting yourself in their shoes and understanding their emotions and not just giving a sympathetic response) and is a hugely complicated area of psychology paired with the ability to process information for autistic people. I've been out of the field for 12+ years 🔺 and there is absolutely a better understanding nowadays. JM reminds me of the children I worked with who would 'embody' their diagnosis. For example, a child might be pacing the room and you would ask them to sit down and their response would be "I can't, it's part of my syndrome." - I'm doing this because of my syndrome and therefore placing the blame/responsibilty elsewhere. It's not my fault, it's my syndrome.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
As @colouredlines pointed out in the previous thread a huge amount of Jack's poverty story is based on lying to family and friends. And surely she must have lied about her drinking?

Out of her own mouth in this article - 'someone asked if I was OK and I lied and said I was fine'. Surely an impossibility for her as she 'literally cannot lie'?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 68
OMG we have

Jack vs JK Rowling

Something tells me JK won’t be attending this fight. Jack, she also doesn’t know you.
Ahhh!!!

And comments on. On a tweet designed to be divisive. Now who's doing stuff for twitter clout.

Also JKR wasn't a coparent. She was a single parent.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 102
Jack could start an argument in a phone box with no money.

NOBODY CARES JACK YOU WHINY SLOPGOBLIN. DONATE THE 10K AND DISAPPEAR OFFLINE

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.