Jack Monroe #27 Jack's career move after cooking with cans? Who’d have thought it would be OnlyFans?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Flumps , we can now shut this thread down. You've said it all. Thank you!

Reactions: 31
Sorry but is anyone paying deposits for anything like that during lockdown when venues have no idea if and when they are reopening? It seems like something you’d def wait to do until life returns to normal considering the economy is so fragile. Just doesn’t make sense to me but what do I know.

Reactions: 19
She is on This Morning. She looks shattered. She is talking about free school meal vouchers.

Reactions: 18
She's been vague booking for weeks, a short neutral statement to say her and her partner had separated would have been more professional. I didn't know they were married.
Gawd she’s now on this morning!

Reactions: 6
She briefly mentioned that she was a Food bank user for 6 months, without those tins and packets she wouldn’t be here but that small amount of food was a life line.
Actually presented well and sounded professional, no weird giggling and the tech worked.

Am genuinely interested in how she spends hours on twitter lamenting her lack of sleep but can’t simply retweet Marcus Rashford‘s campaign or letter yesterday.
It’s like she can’t share the good stuff others are doing.

Reactions: 38
I just want to say how brilliantly put and how spot on this is. Also that I think you are simply wonderful x

Reactions: 22
This post is so similar to conversations I've tried to have with a friend of mine. Think I might have mentioned him on here before at some point, as there are glaring similarities between him and JM. Narcissism being at the centre of it. I am quite good at diplomacy and knowing how to approach a person to get through to them, but I have to say, everytime I've tried with him, from what ever angle, it's resulted in him becoming spiteful towards me or flying off on one. Even suggesting on multiple occasions he may commit suicide (attempting to emotionally manipulate me). He constantly carries the woe is me rhetoric, and even a gentle reminder of all the positives in his life is met with a snarky, passive aggressive response - a la JM.
I can never get through to him and largely give up trying now due to his nasty responses. I suspect that JM's responses would be similar and perhaps that is why we don't see family or friends stepping in. Perhaps they've tried numerous times and it doesn't end well.

Reactions: 28
I sometimes wonder if she is actually poor or just terrible with money. I have friends who always moan try are poor but in reality they pissed up the wall in clothes and shite the day after pay day and spend the rest of the time eating beans on toast.

Reactions: 22
I have a vague recollection of her *allegedly* posting bragging tweets whenever she did buy something with that money, basically thanking Katie for her new whatever. I remember when I heard that, finding it distasteful and lacking in class.
My interest and sympathy for KH is sub zero, but that is a gross thing to do and say when KH’s kids suffered in the bankruptcy.

Reactions: 26
@Flumps, your post needs to be carried in a golden sedan chair from John O'Groats to Land's End until everyone has heard the word. Perceptive, compassionate, wise - and your personal strength shines through in every word XX

The “woe is me I just need enough money for a house deposit” appeared in my Twitter TL this morning and really peed me off.

She re-embraced the poverty narrative like a comfort blanket when she broke up with Allegra and moved back to Southend (insinuated that she couldn’t afford heating and so was huddling next to the oven to stay warm at night) and it sounds like she might be going down the same road now Louisa has left.

What about the KH money, Jack? Or the £60k you raised on Kickstarter? The Patreon income? The book advances? The fat cheque from Hellman’s?

It’s funny, she gets away with this shit because even those people that barely know who she is knows that she’s that poverty activist and no one questions why she’s “poor”. Except she isn’t, and if she was shrewd with her cash she could have bought a house years ago.

Reactions: 37
Without those tins and packets she quite literally wouldn’t be here because those 6 months of poverty are her only bloody USP! It really annoys me that she, someone who sits in Groucho club hurling abuse at Jude Law, is still the self-appointed spokesperson for poverty in the UK. Her grasp of politics seems about on the level of a politically engaged first year International Relations student. Fuck off jack.

Reactions: 31
Her partner is successful, earing a decent salary, yet wasn't willing to pay for a wedding deposit? Or at least go halves? Clue right there that she didn't want to get married yet.
Probably a few months in, didn't want to get married period.

Reactions: 3
It's strange how little promo she did for the book in the media, just a this morning slot and an interview on virgin radio.

Usually with a book someone would have loads of TV, newspaper and radio appearances. Could many places have turned her down? Super easy to do 50+ interviews / slots while at home.

It's down to #600 on Amazon for the paperback and #8000 for the eBook. So it's not selling many copies at all.

Reactions: 23
I think she's just shit with money. Anyone who is apparently on living wage and buys two burberry coats is shit with money. Plus she's had wealthy girlfriends for a while, so really hasn't had to worry. Didn't she say she spent and exorbitant amount of the family budget on books.
I get it. I'm shit with money too. I have no idea what our bills are. I'm in a bit of debt from a long manic stage that I ignored. I finally admitted it to my husband and we're sorting it.
Well, I say we. I get a 'wage' every month. From that I pay my debt, run my car and buy clothes etc for myself. The idea being I need to learn to budget. I'm not running a house but it's been a year and I've finally got money left at the end of the month. I've paid off the highest interest credit card and I'm out my overdraft. I now know, if I needed to, I could budget.

Anyhoooo - I've been volunteering so haven't been as active. It's all kicking off. Agent Provocateurs and more JM bullshit. It's quite refreshing to have some form of consistency during lockdown. That being the sheer cuntyness of JM. I'm glad Nims got her book.

Love to everyone who is having a bit of a shit time. I hope the sun breaks through the clouds for you soon.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.