Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What? A lampshade….

Mine have holes in them for lightbulbs. Are mine super unusual and weird🤔🤔
D85F0D17-BB3B-419C-9E64-92C927A5BE23.jpeg

The bottom layer looks like she’s flung water into a stale ashtray and left it for an hour 🤭

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 99
Hmm, The Mother was using brown sugar in crumble (and anything else, including tea) in the 80s. It's not uncommon and it is(n't) a big deal!

If you don't read here why do you know we still exist? If you told the truth, had integrity and a proper "brand" message these threads would be a snails pace.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
My kid is reading a book about space penguins. I know it's weird. Anyhoo the good penguins have just met up with the bad penguin and I tit you not this is how it went down.

Good penguins"So how's it been going?"

Bad penguin, "oh I have improved myself so much since I worked with you, I have completed all these tasks"

Good penguins," sure you have'

Bad penguin rages," how dare you speak to me like that, I have achieved all of this in xx years"

Good penguins, " it's taken you xx years to achieve this"

I'm sure I have seen a similar convo somewhere else?!

I can screen shot it for proof if required. I have the receipts.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Hmm, The Mother was using brown sugar in crumble (and anything else, including tea) in the 80s. It's not uncommon and it is(n't) a big deal!

If you don't read here why do you know we still exist? If you told the truth, had integrity and a proper "brand" message these threads would be a snails pace.
I have Rachel yelling at Ross in my head

‘it’s not that common, it doesn’t happen to every guy and it is a big deal’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Is that rust or other corrosion on the metal rim? That can't be food safe. Trifle looks rank, regardless.
You'd think being served that trifle was as bad as it gets- all those bits suspended in brown jelly like cat food but no it has to be served in a rusty old lampshade.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
I know it’s been said a few times that a couple of Frau’s wouldn’t even mind if she owned up and said it wasn’t actually 10k and she’d made a mistake, but I would be fewmin if that happened.
Same. If the 10k was a genuine mistake rather than a spiteful boast, Jack has had plenty of chances to correct herself . Instead she was snarky with anyone who pointed out the importance of being forensically transparent, misled people as if to it was all proceeds or her profits being donated ( again, this may have originally been a genuine misunderstanding of the words but she chose not to clarify ) and has claimed she had signed contracts with the TT/other food charities when people started questioning if the money had been donated .

Jack was the one who stated she had raised 10k by that point . Jack knew that come pay day she would transfering the money straight over to TT ( so as to avoid any issues with 10k resting her account ). Yet here we are , over a week after payout day and Jack hasn’t corrected her claim of 10k . Therefore the only conclusion that I can come to is that there is a pending transfer of 10k from Jack to the TT .anything else would just be disingenuous

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Is that rust or other corrosion on the metal rim? That can't be food safe. Trifle looks rank, regardless.
[alan partridge voice] and there must be some sort of mechanism / latch / whatever the technical word is to get that on/off the base that would have been flat with the ceiling. Either it’d be the metal thing around the rim or as was the case with ours it’s a metal nipple (for lack of a better word soz) on the glass that you adjust to get the glass off. So the bowl would have had a hole through it?

The whole thing is so weird and so bleeping gross, idk how you could ever look at that and think Insta aesthetic 2020 🤢🤢🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
So the (no longer) silver stars and gold balls on that “quit smoking by filling a jar with fag ends and water and sniffing each time you’re tempted to smoke” trifle must have had Big Dave wetting his kecks

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
On the 10K to the Trussel Trust - her lack of transparency to do with raising money for charity is appalling. Charities depend on the honesty of fundraisers to donate the money they raise on their behalf. Her obfuscation is damaging to all charitable fundraisers. She is too selfish and careless to think about that. The Trussel Trust must be furious with her for dragging her into the fascist merch and then not showing up with the money. I hope the fundraising watchdogs take this seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I have Rachel yelling at Ross in my head

‘it’s not that common, it doesn’t happen to every guy and it is a big deal’
Twas the intention too many Friends references recently...

On to topic, a big deal is raising £10,000 for charity! It would be so nice to see this money get to where it can do some good. Capiche?

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.