Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope @crystaleyesd is doing ok over there, it must be tough they probably can’t afford to put peaches in their chickpea curry.
I’m not a fan of trifle so whatever nonsense she comes up with today will probably male me feel ill and smug. I’ve got a box of Tesco knock off cornettos in the freezer so I’ll be enjoying my dessert today even if the people of Southend don’t.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Already THREE pages behind but manifesting a sloppy breakfast for us all, we deserve it as a palette cleanser after that unpleasantness in the last thread.

🕯 Pray4raweggs 🕯

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
And we still don’t know where she works 🤷🏼‍♀️
I doubt she works anywhere and even her home working is sheer grift ….she thinks she is working but she isn’t. I don’t include her being asked to contribute her experiences to select committees or whatever….she can genuinely refer to that at work. However 20+ hrs a day writing rubbish on Twatter is NOT work no matter how she tries to grift it

I suspect she will struggle with the bigger energy bills as that bungalow will take a lot of heating.

Reactions: 27
I know 3 people who have/ had suffered from gout, all middle-aged men. So it is making a comeback she could be on to something.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Gout is common in alcoholics, so Jack may in theory be able to help...

Naah, she'll just recommend tinned sardines and soft soft bread, as usual.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I missed another chaos - are we manifesting them now?
Most gross smoking memory, staying over at my friend’s after a night out sharing her big bed, waking up and we put the big ashtray between us and had a morning tab. Both given up many years now and don’t miss it but it was my favourite thing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I know a couple of gout men too it crops up where they’ve had broken bones. They also both like the good life 😂 Personally I was thinking last night as I was writhing in pain waiting for my tablets to kick in, that it was frankly a wonder that Jack has never claimed any wimmins problems of the trazaar department.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
And we still don’t know where she works 🤷🏼‍♀️
It looks very much like she's working for Asda, she just doesn't know it yet. I mean, multinationals pay big dollar dollar bills y'all to promote their business. Now they've got this numpty doing it for free, the massive twit.
#macroeconomic #bigmaths #granular

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I know a couple of gout men too it crops up where they’ve had broken bones. They also both like the good life 😂 Personally I was thinking last night as I was writhing in pain waiting for my tablets to kick in, that it was frankly a wonder that Jack has never claimed any wimmins problems of the trazaar department.
Gout is caused by high levels of uric acid. There's already tons of information about which foods to avoid. There's no need for a Jack Monroe intervention, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
My husband gets gout, he calls it 'beer-in-foot' even though he's a teetotaller. He gets it from pulses and too much protein which is a handy excuse not to eat my chick pea sans peaches curry.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I could see gout Jack! I hear gout I think Henry the 8th (not sure if that’s historically accurate and shan’t be checking) who, like Jack, was famously good in relationships and a staunch hat wearer!

Also, enjoying a vegan diet rich in chicken liver parfait and the yore time period à la “remember xxx?!”

(sorry struggling to think of an example as 1978 thruther zoomer 😉 as a millennial that’s made my day heheh)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Woah! Someone's up early. Morning Jack👋🏼 Busy day, so you'd better get cracking with that trifle.

Sitting here quietly 🦉🍾 imagining her having at bash at making her own custard...
You give it your best shot love, I'm sure it'll thicken up in the fridge.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
OT but my friend dated a guy who ghosted her when he got gout. We think it's because she sang that 'Henry the 8th I am' song at him down the phone when he told her but I personally think his leg fell off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
The government has announced a scheme to house a Ukrainian refugee where the landlord will get £350 per month. Mabye Jacks landlady could end the tenancy and earn a guaranteed rental income from the government, whilst housing a number of people in need. Go on Jack, see if she’ll let you out of the tenancy!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
The government has announced a scheme to house a Ukrainian refugee where the landlord will get £350 per month. Mabye Jacks landlady could end the tenancy and earn a guaranteed rental income from the government, whilst housing a number of people in need. Go on Jack, see if she’ll let you out of the tenancy!
I'd imagine they'd treat the place with far more respect than she does, and acknowledge there's nothing 'crappy' about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I'd imagine they'd treat the place with far more respect than she does, and acknowledge there's nothing 'crappy' about it.
Speaking via an interpreter Kateryna, 28 of Boryspil, Ukraine said "this is a lovely home and I can't believe how good the insulation is"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.