Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Just when you think she's exhausted every possible avenue of revolting activity, she soaks scraps of cheap cheapy cheap cooking bacon. Imagining her swishing her manky hands about in salty fatty meat water to massage questionable tiny meat chunks is making me want to vom.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 77

Geetbo

VIP Member
Who is she trying to convince that her absolute swill meals are “luxurious” tasting. A sandwich made from smart price bread, the worlds shittest bacon and lard will not be luxe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

jenny2603

VIP Member
an oven baked potato as opposed to a pan baked potato?
"Well the oven baked potato was special to us as kids. We were so poor we could only afford to run the oven twice a year. Once on Christmas and once of Baked Potato day. The rest of the time we'd have to cook in a billy can over a small bonfire. I learned to catch wild slop from my dad who showed us how to hunt it"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Can we please have a moratorium on the toilet talk, I'm begging you.

I managed the £20 a week challenge in Jan-Feb 2020!

Basically my New Year's resolution was to eat from the stock we had in the house. So use up frozen food, cupboard staples etc etc. I had to get organised to lift out meat to defrost and plan what I had in cupboards to use up.

I only bought fresh fruit and veg as we had so much stored.(I don't say this to be boastful but it's for many people it is quite common to have food stored and still do.a weekly shop.)

This meant that I was spending about £20, including buy washing stuff and loo roll etc.

I agree with you that living on £20 a week without the luxury of good stock in freezer and cupboards is a dangerous and moronic message as it just says that people who can't do this are frivolous and bad at money management.

I often read her postings and thought that I was doing it wrong as I couldn't get to £20. But I could do it when I basically didn't have to buy much!

Unfortunately my 'use up everything in the cupboards' coincided with the start of the pandemic so having nothing in wasn't the best idea.
But I do think all the people who tweet her praise are people who, like me, have cupboards full so a few weeks of a £20 spend would work but don't understand that she is suggesting that that buy's everything.

In summary the £20 is dangerous crap and totally lowers the expectations of the finances need to feed a family.
When Jack was documenting her £20 slop shops, at least half the meals she produced had a key ingredient that wasn't in that week's haul (or any of them, for that matter). When someone dared to point out the obvious and say it was misleading, her response was a snippy "I'm pretty sure most people don't empty the contents of their cupboards every time they do a weekly shop." No, but then they're not the ones trying to convince people it's possible to live on £20 a week, you stupid fuck.

• Heart
Reactions: 73

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
I've been thinking about Jack's increasingly worrying obsession with THAT MAN. A big part is just straightforward jealousy but I wonder if a part of it in Jack's mind is a sense of injustice that he can get away with public fuck ups (the restaurants going bust), stupid comments (UKIP, big tvs/cheesy chips) whereas she lost her Sainsburys contract because of her comments about David Cameron's child. Of course Jack being incapable of any form of honest self reflection won't acknowledge that there's a world of difference between a stupid comment and a spiteful one. She also fails to realise is that all she does is make stupid comments, throw tantrums, tell lies and churn out slop. In contrast even his detractors acknowledge that JO is a talented chef and has done some good in the world with his youth apprenticeships and improvements in nutritional standards in school meals. The reason he is able to do good campaigning stuff is because he knows about food so can be taken seriously in his lane. Beyond throwing tantrums our ickle smol pixie doesn't really have a lane.
I think Jamie Oliver is genuinely passionate about food. If he was a Poor he would prioritise it, and thinks everyone else should do the same.

Jack is not bothered about food and would rather spend money on tatt. Hence the performative £20 shops and horrid recipes.

• Heart

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Yes Squig, Jack needs to be more confident. Well actually she does but the thing you're proposing is for people who are good but are shy/socially awkward and need help to sell themselves better or just need a few pointers with presentation. Jack's problem is she won't put in the work to develop real skills that will give her a sense of well earned confidence. I'm a bit shy around strangers but can and have talked to fairly large groups about stuff I know about, get me to stand up and wing it where I don't have any knowledge I'd be like Jack explaining the fat content of mince. If that Squig really wanted to help they could contact any number of community groups and give someone in real need a confidence building course that could make all the difference to them.
Like support groups for actual Poors, heaven forbid!

After my husband died, and I was on benefits, I was invited to join a group helping single parents back to work. It was part funded by the Lottery, I believe. A lot of the women had come from awful circumstances, which I might sound odd saying, given my opening sentence, but I've not been through DV and things like that. They offered counselling, art therapy, helped with building resumes, working on your skill sets, I did a First Aid certificate through them. Something like the squig is offering Jack would be so helpful to women like that, but I bet they'd never think to offer their services to something like that.

• Heart
  • Sad

ednaturnblad

I think Jamie Oliver is genuinely passionate about food. If he was a Poor he would prioritise it, and thinks everyone else should do the same.

Jack is not bothered about food and would rather spend money on tatt. Hence the performative £20 shops and horrid recipes.
This is exactly like a boyfriend I had at uni. Came from a well off family, his parents paid all his bills and gave him a pretty generous amount for food and disposable spending. Yet you'd never know it, he was tight as fuck. He'd steal food from his housemates - and other peoples! - 'rescue' anything headed for the bin no matter how gross it was, and meals he bought for himself would be like plain rice and mince seasoned with salt and pepper. He wouldn't even spring an extra 50p or so for a jar of sauce from Lidl because it wasn't necessary.

Then it came to nights out, gadgets, the gym, and other tat and money was no object. He once told me he'd spent £45 on a fidget toy for example to 'help him concentrate'. I remember thinking you have money for stuff like that but eat like shit :rolleyes:.

I think what it boiled down to is food was his only necessary expense and he resented spending on it because it got in the way of his 'fun' money. He didn't care about taste or nutrition or enjoying his meals, he just wanted the lowest price tag possible. And he'd take food from people with less than he had just because he could.

Jack reminds me a lot of him actually. And yes I now can't believe I went out with him.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 72

Elthi86

If they aren't competitors Jack, then why do I see fairly frequent supermarket ads specifically pointing out Aldi price matches? Ya daft mare, just say you don't want to shop there.

• Haha
  • Heart
This Patreon/PayPal stuff is just so immoral. You’ve got someone taking in £3-5k a month and yet still it’s not enough, still she’s asking for more and still grass roots charities are suggesting diverting funds away from them to her?

I really wish there was something we could do. It’s a completely unregulated market place of cash for online activism and it’s sick and perverse, I’m sorry to say it and sorry God but this is the sort of thing you get sent to hell for, it’s truly vile behaviour absolutely terrible.

• Heart

FlirtyThirty

VIP Member
I've been thinking about Jack's increasingly worrying obsession with THAT MAN. A big part is just straightforward jealousy but I wonder if a part of it in Jack's mind is a sense of injustice that he can get away with public fuck ups (the restaurants going bust), stupid comments (UKIP, big tvs/cheesy chips) whereas she lost her Sainsburys contract because of her comments about David Cameron's child. Of course Jack being incapable of any form of honest self reflection won't acknowledge that there's a world of difference between a stupid comment and a spiteful one. She also fails to realise is that all she does is make stupid comments, throw tantrums, tell lies and churn out slop. In contrast even his detractors acknowledge that JO is a talented chef and has done some good in the world with his youth apprenticeships and improvements in nutritional standards in school meals. The reason he is able to do good campaigning stuff is because he knows about food so can be taken seriously in his lane. Beyond throwing tantrums our ickle smol pixie doesn't really have a lane.
She's created an exceptionally narrow lane for herself because she lied so much about ThePoverty and claims to still be in it, essentially. She could have been totally honest, she had a bad period, and survived on very little, but she's fine now and wants to campaign for better food so no one has to survive on tenner-a-week-slops, but she can't not make everything about her. Her all encompassing need for pity and attention is ruining her. She could have been more like Jamie, but she's just a talentless snotty nosed whelksplat.

• Haha
  • Heart

Wooh

VIP Member
A relabelling job.

"Quick, have the team open all the bags of pasta, tip into the processing line, and pull out all the SP bags so we can repackage."

"What's SP?"

"Smart Price, you glove! All the young people are calling it that now."

• Haha
Reactions: 71

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Avert you eyes, dear heart. This was nothing on topless Jack.
Who remembers the actually topless photo of Jack that got posted here once by a new member? I think we suspected it might be Jack herself, looking for something to attack us with. No-one gave a shit about Jack's boobs though and the cabal basically told said new member to sod off.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71