Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

A1990

I listened to an audiobook by the journalist who exposed Belle Gibson (Australian influencer who said she had healed her brain cancer by "clean eating", all lies, never had cancer and fabricated stuff constantly).

Some people had become suspicious of her cancer story as it just didn't add up. But it's obviously really difficult to prove that someone isn't ill, plus its such a sensitive topic so you would have to be so sure you were right.

Belle had claimed that she had donated a proportion of her profits to charities.
The journalist dug into this instead: the charities comfirmed they'd never had anything and the whole house of cards came down.

Just sayin'

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 86

PuritySpiral

Ah, Edinburgh-Jack.

Had a mad idea on Twitter to go there with no notice, apparently, and was on a sleeper train (with a one way ticket) two hours later, a trip that in the height of covid times, never mind just regular adult responsibilities like kids and pets times, definitely couldn't have been as spontaneous as made out.

Packing a suitcase full of camera equipment and a nutri bullet.

Then arriving and declaring it 'Home'

Then breadcrumbing that she'd actually moved there.

Then, despite all the stalking claims, posting pictures from her window and incredibly identifying interior design details.

Then raiding the local Sainsburys for bags and bags of reduced salad and weird flavour biscuits.

Then the indignant denial that Dishoom isn't a chain restaurant.

Then the sudden departure for reasons never fully explained.

Then apparently donating the nutri bullet and salad bags to the homeless and a local charity

In many ways, given the VBI and Trussell Trust debacles, these were simpler times. Her 'salad days'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Shit...MrAsda has heard about Jack switching between Smart(space)Price, #af links and terrible knickers and he is NOT happy
804FE83A-A72B-467B-B4FC-85071CCE34DA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83

jenny2603

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-02-19 19.10.04.png

Remember this abomination. Limited Edition- thank God- imagine if there were loads of Jacks.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 83

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
Oh so farm stores and smart price are now the same thing are they Jack , even though a couple of weeks ago you were suggesting they definitely weren’t

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Her TV appearances usually come with her moaning as well. Eg taking about how stressful it is, how she takes 20 hours to prep for a 6 minute segment, gets up in the early hours, needs to be helped to bed after a busy media week and so on.

Her lingreenie segment on This Morning came off like she hadn't practised or thought about it at all. Basic stuff like not having her back to the camera and pre chopping/crumbling the feta for example she didn't do.

I'm sure TV appearances are quite hard but it's not exactly professional is it. Give the opportunities to someone who wants them and can cope with them.
Moaning and performative selfies.

Screenshot_20220219-131644.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 82

jenny2603

VIP Member
She actually thinks this is how things work though that’s the thing.
"But Mr Asda it's going to cost us a fortune to undertake a relabelling on this scale and margins are already tight"

"I don't think you understand the situation. This is Jack Monroe we're dealing with. You know the scrappy little urchin who fights for the poors. When that kid says jump I say how high?. Now get the goddam pasta relabelled"

"All of it?"

"All of it. NOW"

"Right away Mr Asda"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Aww how wonderful, she got a lift. It's almost like the whole trekking to Asda with a shopping trolley thing is performative nonsense, and she could get a lift with all her amazing friends and family when they go to do their shopping, anytime! They could even -dare I suggest- go somewhere other than Asda and shop around for better prices!

I'm so sick of this knob.

• Heart
Reactions: 79

colouredlines

VIP Member
Today she has a day job. TWO DAYS AGO she was rattling the tip jar and saying how it's normal for "creators" to live off subscriptions and tips.

God her followers are dim.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
It's beyond my comprehension that any meat can be sold this cheap :(
This is why LM should have never gone near her.

The welfare issues alone with the sausages, bacon and eggs she's been using this weekend. (If someone is in genuine poverty, fair play, but she can afford the higher welfare products and chooses not to ,as well as wasting meat/fish, by letting it degrade into nothing in freezer.)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 78

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
The recycling boxes appeared in this post by Silver:

It's worth another read.

Spoiler: The recipe video from the kitchen shoot never materialised.

ETA:

View attachment 1076606
Bag of Greggs jam donuts, is that, Jack? Stop breadcrumbing a new relationship when you’re just forcing the father of your child to look after you, after a day when he’s had to actually go to work and look after your son as well. Same as when he had to pay for your spot in a static caravan because you were pretending to be an alcoholic to avoid accountability for your various lies. I bet no man has ever regretted ejaculating as much as Monroe’s babydaddy.

• Haha
  • Heart

jenny2603

VIP Member
Sock I can kind of get, but newspaper? Not very absorbent but I'm assuming very crunchy? I just find it hard to believe that Jack went through anything this bad whilst her parents were down the road.
I'm calling bullshit on it. If it was true she'd still be droning on about having the faint imprint on a Metro headline on her unruly labia. "A lasting tragicomic scar from my years in poverty. I bet no one has ever read the days news on Annunziata Rees-Mogg's posh flaps. Gasping, howling I claw for air when all of I sudden I hear a knock at the door, I freeze, petrified but it's ok, it's only the postman, Pop it In Pete sniffing the divine aroma from the long and slow £20 slop I'm boiling on the hob with the last bit of gas we have left before we are plunged back into a world of cold and darkness."

• Haha
  • Sick

jenny2603

VIP Member
Jack Monroe is telling lies about baked beans. My FORENSIC investigation proves it.

Screenshot 2022-02-21 16.35.19.png

Smart Price Beans- please note 45% beans

1645461466129.png

Asda own brand baked beans- please note 49% beans

Screenshot 2022-02-21 16.38.26.png

Branston Baked Beans -51% beans

Screenshot 2022-02-21 16.39.31.png

Heinz Baked Beans -51% beans

Screenshot 2022-02-21 16.40.57.png

A poor who believed Jacks lies would miss out on up to 6% of baked beans per serving. It is clear that Jack is using deception to starve the poors.

• Haha
  • Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
It's weird, I know some former vegetarians/vegans who now eat a lot of animal products, but none who actively seek out the cheapest, worst quality, lowest welfare meat and eggs around.

I just checked Asda Smart Price eggs - they come in packs of 15 and cost 7,9p per egg. I'm not vegan, but LJC, that makes me shudder.

• Sad
  • Heart

Geetbo

VIP Member
This is exactly like a boyfriend I had at uni. Came from a well off family, his parents paid all his bills and gave him a pretty generous amount for food and disposable spending. Yet you'd never know it, he was tight as fuck. He'd steal food from his housemates - and other peoples! - 'rescue' anything headed for the bin no matter how gross it was, and meals he bought for himself would be like plain rice and mince seasoned with salt and pepper. He wouldn't even spring an extra 50p or so for a jar of sauce from Lidl because it wasn't necessary.

Then it came to nights out, gadgets, the gym, and other tat and money was no object. He once told me he'd spent £45 on a fidget toy for example to 'help him concentrate'. I remember thinking you have money for stuff like that but eat like shit :rolleyes:.

I think what it boiled down to is food was his only necessary expense and he resented spending on it because it got in the way of his 'fun' money. He didn't care about taste or nutrition or enjoying his meals, he just wanted the lowest price tag possible. And he'd take food from people with less than he had just because he could.

Jack reminds me a lot of him actually. And yes I now can't believe I went out with him.
I wonder if Jacks exes wonder wtf they were thinking going out with her.

I know we all have embarrassing exes (the guy with the foreskin that looked like a basset hound springs to mind) but fucking hell I’d be erasing all memories of my life with Jack.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77

colouredlines

VIP Member
Funny how Jack's ADHD, which is severe enough that she loses things constantly, has a drawer full of cancelled bank cards, misses deadlines, and is unable to file her accounts on time, had no impact on the Poverty.

During the Poverty, she was undiagnosed and unmedicated, but she was able to apply for hundreds of jobs, stick religiously to a miniscule budget, forensically analyse prices, etc etc. Now - AFTER being diagnosed, and WITH medication - her ADHD is so strong she can't keep track of an idea for longer than five minutes.

So...she's lying about the Poverty, the ADHD, or both.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 77