Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmm why choose the grenfell anniversary to announce how many days you have been sober? Why not mention it yesterday? Why not when it was 500 days, why 536? When I quit smoking in 2013 I posted about it at the 3,6,9, and 12 month mark šŸ¤£ as I didn't think I was going to make it that far, then I did a 500 days post, cause I was bloody amazed at myself, šŸ˜‚ and now I do it yearly but only because it pops up in my Facebook memories and I share that because I'm still bloody surprised to this day that I quit, oops sorry I've only gone and done a jack and made it about me šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚, but I just find it really distasteful she posted about it on the grenfell anniversary, she could have waited, but of course it shouldn't surprise me that she makes it all about her, despite the fact that I don't think this year at all she has mentioned how many days sober she has been to my recollection? She has had 166 days of 2020 to bring up how many days sober she has apparently been....why this day??

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Hmmm why choose the grenfell anniversary to announce how many days you have been sober? Why not mention it yesterday? Why not when it was 500 days, why 536? When I quit smoking in 2013 I posted about it at the 3,6,9, and 12 month mark šŸ¤£ as I didn't think I was going to make it that far, then I did a 500 days post, cause I was bloody amazed at myself, šŸ˜‚ and now I do it yearly but only because it pops up in my Facebook memories and I share that because I'm still bloody surprised to this day that I quit, oops sorry I've only gone and done a jack and made it about me šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚, but I just find it really distasteful she posted about it on the grenfell anniversary, she could have waited, but of course it shouldn't surprise me that she makes it all about her, despite the fact that I don't think this year at all she has mentioned how many days sober she has been to my recollection? She has had 166 days of 2020 to bring up how many days sober she has apparently been....why this day??
Google 536 šŸ˜‚

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/11/why-536-was-worst-year-be-alive

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
What a natural Buddy is, this highlights how bad JM is. This boy is 10 and is knocking it out the park, really nice wee recipe and I liked the little graphics too. How can she get it so wrong? She just isnā€™t really into food, thatā€™s the problem
This to me just highlights how presenting really is, to a large degree, a gift. Yes clearly you can practise and improve but I think it is a skill fundamentally you have or donā€™t (spoiler k donā€™t think Jm does)

Reactions: 11
Omg Sosmix - I've had a Proustian rush reminding me of the very early days of being with my ex husband. That and Barleycup. And Clothkits.
catching up, @Jelly Bean, but just wanted to say that Clothkits is still alive and kicking ā€”resurrected about 10 years ago. I made a gorgeous pinafore dress for my toddler at the time (plus one of the dolls, which was like one Iā€™d had, but it always freaked her out šŸ¤£)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
In that article that was published for her ā€œone yearā€ sober anniversary, she says clearly that she had relapsed a few times and L had to pick up the pieces. Which means she wasnā€™t one year sober at all, and isnā€™t 536 days sober now. (Not to mention her bullshit about being harassed by her AA sponsor which sounded completely drama llama made up.)

I am 302 days sober and also struggling right now but proud that 302 days is an actual number of days since my last drop of alcohol. She exaggerates and lies about everything and doesnā€™t care that she might put someone else off trying AA or that itā€™s okay to have a relapse now and then but not admit it. AA call this being a dry drunk, Jack.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
So the night of grenfell she had the presence of mind to be downloading plans and was writing an unpublished article and was also on the ground volunteering. BUSY
Don't you know Jack's days are 59 hours long? And she only sleeps for 2 hours

• Haha
Reactions: 21
In that article that was published for her ā€œone yearā€ sober anniversary, she says clearly that she had relapsed a few times and L had to pick up the pieces. Which means she wasnā€™t one year sober at all, and isnā€™t 536 days sober now. (Not to mention her bullshit about being harassed by her AA sponsor which sounded completely drama llama made up.)

I am 302 days sober and also struggling right now but proud that 302 days is an actual number of days since my last drop of alcohol. She exaggerates and lies about everything and doesnā€™t care that she might put someone else off trying AA or that itā€™s okay to have a relapse now and then but not admit it. AA call this being a dry drunk, Jack.
I know it seems callous to say but I still wonder how much of an issue alcohol really was/is for her. Just because of every drama she attaches herself to and label she likes to have. As with all her various illnesses, with all the inconsistencies in her dramatic story telling, it just makes me question everything that comes out of her mouth now. I just can't 100% believe anything she says anymore.

Well done on your 302, takes so much determination and strength ā¤

Reactions: 27
I donā€™t know, having caught up Grunkaā€™d on last nights shenanigans now, I really feel that this is getting more and more uncomfortable ā€” all seems to be heading to a massive crash. The dead eye pictures, the unsavoury photo shoots, the dodgy th*nspo photoshopping, the piss poor promotion work on the latest book during MH week, the absolute car crash IG lives/TV appearances, the Mr Benn-ing into all national situations, the supposed sobriety, the tweet/delete rampages, the multiple immunocompromised shopping extravaganzas, the obvious end of a relationship, the shadowy cabal bullying her paranoia, the legal actions threatened, the unlisted missing post, the easily disproved by her own published words lies, the vague booking vs spilling unnecessary life stuff all over the place, the myriad illnesses, the compliment fishing, the late night nonsense, the obvious fragility and anxiety...

She. Is. Clearly. Not. Well.

But whoā€™s looking out for her? Where is her support? Is her mum commenting on any of these posts or tweets? Rest of her family? Any friends? Her 3 shrinks on speed dial? PR/legal team? Furloughed PA? Agent? SBā€™s dad? Exes? Tech support? bleeping Jude Law or other Groucho mates? Why is nobody close to her apparently stepping in to stop this public unraveling?

She needs to get off everything. If she is still contracted to do this Hellmans Hellscape for a few more weeks, why not just pre-record and edit a couple of segments. Remove the pressure/anxiety of doing the live appearances that clearly terrify her and make it such uncomfortable viewing ā€”all that terror for only 180 views. Have a few auto tweet promotion things, get the PA off furlough to manage this admin. And then just stop. Take proper time away to reconsider her options, in whatā€™s left of her career. The world doesnā€™t need her claims about downloading Grenfell plans, or becoming an MP, or thirst trapping, or whatever tit the jacolytes lap up. Itā€™s just unnecessary noise while the rest of the world is on fire.

She may claim sobriety, but her addiction to validation and ego-stroking from strangers on social media has taken over her life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
I know it seems callous to say but I still wonder how much of an issue alcohol really was/is for her. Just because of every drama she attaches herself to and label she likes to have. As with all her various illnesses, with all the inconsistencies in her dramatic story telling, it just makes me question everything that comes out of her mouth now. I just can't 100% believe anything she says anymore.

Well done on your 302, takes so much determination and strength ā¤
Omg I am so with you there !! I have often wondered that too. I reckon she just became even nastier // more needy when pissed up and needed an excuse (like my ex husband he wasnā€™t an alcoholic but wasnā€™t a very nice drunk)..... so in good ole Jack style makes it a drama llama.
Also just read the Grenfell tweets .... bleeping twit making it all about her absolute twunt!!!

It is going to be an Only Fans next isn't it? For those of you not furloughed the account that's replying is definetly NSFW.
This is the person who offered to send her the list of global Zoom meetings - hence the ā€œ You Got Mailā€.

Jack gives us enough content with us sharing out of context screenshots.

Congrats on 302 days, thatā€™s amazing! You should be incredibly proud of yourself, especially as a huge chunk of your first year has been in lock down which must be so challenging so youā€™re doing so bleeping great. ā¤ā¤ā¤

Agreed, Iā€™ve said before Iā€™m not here to police anyoneā€™s sobriety but Iā€™m a huge AA evangelist and strongly believe that an abstinence based program is the only way. I went to bed a bit angry about this last night actually but chose not to say anything. Sheā€™s not only mentioned multiple slips, which completely reset your day count, but drinks 0.7% ā€œalcohol freeā€ beer. I think misrepresenting sobriety in the public eye is incredibly bleeping dangerous as youā€™re potentially bleeping with peopleā€™s lives.

The problem is... when youā€™re unwell you wonā€™t know or care for the traditions, the fellowship, or most importantly (IMO) safeguarding the newcomer, youā€™re still dishonest and wrapped up in self. There are so many red flags about the whole thing youā€™re not alone in spotting them. I just hope & pray she links people out to accurate objective resources they can use to seek help.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I remember reading JM saying she had tried alcohol to find out if she really was an alcoholic! If you are recovering you donā€™t do that!
Plus if you relapse, you start again counting the days/weeks/ months of your sobriety. Also, recovering alcoholics do not drink low alcohol wine/beer.
She is a joke. Definitely not a recovering alcoholic.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
My god she is insufferable. And what does she mean "I did politics"? She's making it sound like she was in local government or something. Making noise on Twitter and writing a blog about yourself does not count as you 'doing' politics.
She went to bleeping REDCAR!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
@BeautifulTrauma did see the Grenfell article she wrote? It was a few threads ago, linked it here for you. Thanks @Yel for finding it as itā€™s apparently been deleted.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She's got a mother at least who seems concerned, a son who loves her, and a cat who at least likes her enough to cuddle up at bedtime (not guaranteed with cats!); she needs to reach out to the support network of her family. She won't get that support and love from chasing blue tickers, sycophants and sleazy men on Twitter. Jack, just stop chasing approval through fame; go back to the people who love you, learn what you're good at, earn your living through that, and enjoy life in the quieter lane.
This ā¤! Her # on her sober post is a renowned AA abbreviation (duck knows if I live my life one day a time then thatā€™s an achievement for me) so sheā€™s opened the AA door for me to comment. Anyone elseā€™s sobriety is none of my business but I think AA meetings would be great for her. My experience of Zoom is very different from ā€˜normalā€™ meetings and I think sheā€™d struggle to sit at the screen and not turn her back (šŸ˜‰ sorry your honour, I couldnā€™t resist). I needed the no bullshitting, straight-talking reality I got when I walked in and thought I was something unique and I think a good sponsor would bring her happiness and contentment that she will NEVER get on Twitter

• Heart
Reactions: 19
@BeautifulTrauma did see the Grenfell article she wrote? It was a few threads ago, linked it here for you. Thanks @Yel for finding it as itā€™s apparently been deleted.

Why did she delete it... Thereā€™s also something ghastly about photographing your contributions imo. And the added shot of them at a training day...

Her politics really isnā€™t intersectional at all is it, sheā€™s not once commented on the fact that it was primarily BAME people living in that tower block & particularly at the higher levels. And across the country itā€™s primarily BAME / first gen people living in tower block housing, even white poorsā„¢ļø have relative privilege, as they tend to end up in better quality (social) housing. Itā€™s like if you scratch the surface thereā€™s not much beneath at all šŸ˜•

• Heart
Reactions: 21
catching up, @Jelly Bean, but just wanted to say that Clothkits is still alive and kicking ā€”resurrected about 10 years ago. I made a gorgeous pinafore dress for my toddler at the time (plus one of the dolls, which was like one Iā€™d had, but it always freaked her out šŸ¤£)
I spent most of the 70s clad head to toe in Clothkits. I particularly remember a Princess dress that had actual bells on it and a stripy purple polo neck jumper which I paired with matching flares.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.