Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hugs to everyone having crap to deal with today.

that woman’s hair loss stories annoy me. I’ve had two types of alopecia and til she’s got a sticky patch of scalp (one was once palm sized) she’s not got bloody hair loss it’s maybe thinned a bit but there is no visible scalp. It’s terrifying and gut wrenching as a woman to lose hair and claiming to have it when you can visibly see she bloody hasn’t is just ugh I can’t with her
I need the hug! Just had my sixth month of ‘not pregnant’ today and I’m absolutely having my own little pity party. I’m two days late and felt queasy for days. Didn’t have my regular period cramps - had little short sharp pains. But no. My womb just really likes having a tit fit each month and throwing a itself outside of my body instead.

so sorry to derail - just sitting here blubbing like a head because I feel like I’m a failure.

Maybe I’ll try a depressipe to help - oh no wait - I don’t want to be even more bleeping pathetic.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Hugs to everyone having crap to deal with today.

that woman’s hair loss stories annoy me. I’ve had two types of alopecia and til she’s got a sticky patch of scalp (one was once palm sized) she’s not got bloody hair loss it’s maybe thinned a bit but there is no visible scalp. It’s terrifying and gut wrenching as a woman to lose hair and claiming to have it when you can visibly see she bloody hasn’t is just ugh I can’t with her
Totally agree - all I can see is a scalp full of hair, she may have lost a bit BUT she still has a head full of it. I wear a weave due to my really thin hair (which will be hanging off my head soon due to lockdown). What’s worse is she then blames it on the incessant bullying she is receiving, such bullshit..

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I need the hug! Just had my sixth month of ‘not pregnant’ today and I’m absolutely having my own little pity party. I’m two days late and felt queasy for days. Didn’t have my regular period cramps - had little short sharp pains. But no. My womb just really likes having a tit fit each month and throwing a itself outside of my body instead.

so sorry to derail - just sitting here blubbing like a head because I feel like I’m a failure.

Maybe I’ll try a depressipe to help - oh no wait - I don’t want to be even more bleeping pathetic.
I’m so sorry that today’s that day, it hurts so much but I promise it (whatever it looks like & what ever path it needs to take) will get better. Allow yourself today to be upset and feel your feelings, I always felt a huge sense of loss and shame and guilt over it all and then felt stupid or undeserving to feel that so made myself feel even worse absurdly. It’s tit and I wish I could give you a hug. Do something lovely for yourself today and keep checking in here please ❤ Also I know when you’re in it you can’t see the wood for the trees but I promise you 6 months is very very normal and not to worry, I’m not gonna be the HAVE U TRIED~ head but if you do want a chat slide into my DMs because we had a tit time of it too x

also sending @Begborrowsteal lots of love, remember he’s the head who has to be embarrassed not you. Please let us know how you get on & remember you’ve got a whole wonderful life ahead of you without a lying weirdo xx

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Big, big hugs to you. I’m on month 5 of “not pregnant.” I was 12 days late last month and was absolutely convinced this was it! But no. My body was just playing tricks on me. I already have two children so I know I am incredibly lucky to have been pregnant and to have had children already and my heart goes out to all who are trying but have not been blessed with motherhood yet. I had a MC at 10 weeks back in January and ever since I’ve felt under pressure (from myself) to be pregnant again. It’s tit and I hope you take care of yourself and know that you haven’t failed at all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I just made a 'soup' by mistake and its gorgeous. What a maverick I am!!

It was -
tinned toms
onion
garlic/ginger
red pepper
sweet potato
boleti beans
green lentils

With - paprika, chilli powder, honey and basil.

I don't really know what i was attempting to make but it was really good.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Yes, absolutely x

BWAHAHAHA

It's been going on less than 24 hours and I'm already fed up with it. Any tips for managing it?
I developed it about 20 years ago and can go for months or years without any symptoms and other times I can have it for only a couple of hours to a few weeks. Sometimes I can sleep it off. Slow, careful movements. I find staying upright helps and keeping propped up in bed. The last time it was really bad I went to the GP and he gave me anti sickness drugs which didn't help me with the vertigo but did help me to sleep. The only thing that really did make a difference was doing the Epley Manoeuvre. It's supposed to release the crystals in the ears which causes BPPV. There's lots of info online about how to do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I just made a 'soup' by mistake and its gorgeous. What a maverick I am!!

It was -
tinned toms
onion
garlic/ginger
red pepper
sweet potato
boleti beans
green lentils

With - paprika, chilli powder, honey and basil.

I don't really know what i was attempting to make but it was really good.
A home made soup I enjoy is a couple of veg stock pots.

Red lentils. Spinach. A few potatoes and a red pepper. I think red peppers are lovely in soup.

My mum makes a very nice green lentil slow cooker vegan chilli. I found the recipe online. She’s not a great cook by her own admission but I bought her a slow cooker last Christmas and she’s using it a lot.

Lentils are also very good for you. They are high in calcium and potassium and can help lower cholesterol. I’ve made lots of lentil soup during lockdown.

Reactions: 6
# thread suggestion.
"You're on" he said, as she went live. Will Hellman's let this shitshow survive?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
A few things after mulling over the Insta live. Surely Hellman’s gave the 5 figure sum, due to JM’s social following? She hasn’t promoted it on her Twitter, surely (I know nothing about it) there must be a brand manager in Hellman’s asking why this isn’t happening? It just seems so strange she is putting that “show” to approx 200 people (50 of which are Tattlers!).

Oh and I managed to amend my online delivery and I’ve deleted the Hellman’s and added own brand! Sure they won’t give a jot but it made me feel better.

The weight loss is not looking good either, I thought JM looked awful yesterday and that rats tail had me giggling awkwardly what the hell even is that??
I expect for that money they also thought they were engaging a professional. I doubt they could have expected they’d have to do most of the work themselves (she’s clearly had a LOT of coaching since last week’s absolute shitshow, and I think Hellmann’s must also have been behind the dining room makeover). The whole thing is so badly thought out. Isn’t it supposed to be about leftovers? And why do we only get one half-arsed and unappetising looking “recipe” per show?

The worst dreams I ever had was quitting smoking (still have the odd one) and used the nicotine patches. I had the worst dreams, being chased by a pack of giant penises, tied to a tree and slapped about the head by said giant penises. Arkkk. They were filthy dreams and so vivid.
A therapist would have a field day with this. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
And just while we’re on the subject of bitter haters, a few billion threads ago there were a number of posters looking at their lives and taking decisions about all kinds of stuff — and opening up and sharing on the thread.

Obviously not looking for a progress report, but just thinking about you all and hoping that you’re getting the ongoing support you need, ya big bunch of dead hearted trolls x

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I developed it about 20 years ago and can go for months or years without any symptoms and other times I can have it for only a couple of hours to a few weeks. Sometimes I can sleep it off. Slow, careful movements. I find staying upright helps and keeping propped up in bed. The last time it was really bad I went to the GP and he gave me anti sickness drugs which didn't help me with the vertigo but did help me to sleep. The only thing that really did make a difference was doing the Epley Manoeuvre. It's supposed to release the crystals in the ears which causes BPPV. There's lots of info online about how to do it.
Thank you. I was just reading about the Epley Manoeuvre and considering a go at it. Might wait until my partner gets here tomorrow though.

Reactions: 3
I feel for you. I had crazy dreams, a particularly lengthy one involving an ex-boyfriend. He was great in bed, so by all rights it should have been a sex dream, but no, it was me begging him to get back together with me, while he kept saying no, he was happier without me.

Why does my subconscious want to crush me when I'm asleep? It's not even what happened in reality, plus I've now been happily married for more than a decade. I guess it's not just Jack who has a maverick mind.

#neverforget
If it makes you feel any better, I'm often haunted with dreams of two of my exes, despite happily cohabiting with my current beau. Perhaps we are in fact a cabal of MAVERICK minded tattling trolls. Try saying that after a few gins!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That’s going to be a toughie

I should have been at the Isle of Wight festival today. I saw depeche mode headline there two years ago.

Upside is next year is paid for.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.