Jack Monroe #259 “I’m alright Jack” Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you imagine a Jack X Asda collab? Shot in b&w, a sad piano dirge playing softly but thoughtfully in the background and Jack bravely overcoming her fears on voiceover. 'When I was a yadda yadda etc'
Slowly, in broken boots wandering the aisles, counting the pennies from down the back of the gifted sofa, picking things up and with a slow shake of the head putting them back. As a solitary tear hits a 45p bag of rice a shaft of light hits Jack <the screen turns to colour>.
A hand is extended towards Jack and pulls her out of despair... but it's not Jesus, it is Mr Asda looking alot like Jesus. He cradles Jack like a smol, tired, battle weary warrior then whispers 'I was always with you, let's win this fight...for all the poors'. Then kisses her head.
[End scene].
My god I almost wet myself reading that 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Oh duck off, Jack. You made a huge deal about how you were trans and taking T a few years ago, the non binary then back to being a woman now back to non binary. If you are a woman who looks like a woman then people are going to assume you are a woman, however if you have publicly said you are not a woman then folk are going to be confused.

Also women with masculine/ androgynous names are not uncommon. Jo short for Jodie or Josephine, Jack short for Jacqueline, Sam short for Samantha so most people wouldnt' bat an eyelid about it. Look at Lionel Shriver the author who used a male name to be taken more seriously and has used it permanently. Nobody gives a duck and she doesn't go on about it.

I bet if someone commented on her E cups then she would quickly be shouting at them for misogyny (not that commenting on folks breasts is appropriate anyway but she seems to think he should have been looking at her tits).

I believe the gender thread was triggered by the Mumsnet thread a few days ago which we commented about here. The thread started asking what her gender was now in a fairly innocent way.

I missed Tattle yesterday because was BUSY but no surprises the Virtous Beermat index didn't appear despite the team of statisticians etc working on it. Cue loads of distraction boiled sweets, arthritis, actually posting some of the recipes she said she would.

And still the squigs are on the whole admiring her although it is nice to see some dissenting voices.

Where's Mini, surely a kitten would be a brilliant distraction right now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
How did she confuse mung beans with black beans? Mung beans are green, black beans are... black. Maybe her mung beans are very old? 🤔
Maybe she accidentally bought eleventy hundred pallets along with the stock cubes?
Flick my bean Jack could be with us a while😿

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
How did she confuse mung beans with black beans? Mung beans are green, black beans are... black. Maybe her mung beans are very old? 🤔
I mean I'm no cook but I'm fairly sure I can tell the difference. Also there's a squig somewhere on that thread apologising for thinking it was an infestation before they read the commentary, which nearly killed me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
'You just know I'm gonna pretend to be extremely nerdy about this but bollox it up like I always do'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I am not here for bean Jack and her stupid hashtag. #JackAndTheirBeanBullshit more like

So if they came in a bag labelled MUNG BEANS how did she manage to confuse them?
Just about to type the same thing. It’s almost like it was all a made up story…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
This is incredible. I'd love a whole series of these. Mr Asda (Jesus) in the car park (desert) being tempted by Charlie Bigham (Satan) to ditch the Smart Price range. Then in the next one Mr Asda would appear before 5000 starving poors in the car park and start dishing out Smart Price fish finger sandwiches expertly prepared by a certain Smol pixie.

Like...Tribute?
tribute.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.