Jack Monroe #259 “I’m alright Jack” Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you imagine a Jack X Asda collab? Shot in b&w, a sad piano dirge playing softly but thoughtfully in the background and Jack bravely overcoming her fears on voiceover. 'When I was a yadda yadda etc'
Slowly, in broken boots wandering the aisles, counting the pennies from down the back of the gifted sofa, picking things up and with a slow shake of the head putting them back. As a solitary tear hits a 45p bag of rice a shaft of light hits Jack <the screen turns to colour>.
A hand is extended towards Jack and pulls her out of despair... but it's not Jesus, it is Mr Asda looking alot like Jesus. He cradles Jack like a smol, tired, battle weary warrior then whispers 'I was always with you, let's win this fight...for all the poors'. Then kisses her head.
[End scene].
This is incredible. I'd love a whole series of these. Mr Asda (Jesus) in the car park (desert) being tempted by Charlie Bigham (Satan) to ditch the Smart Price range. Then in the next one Mr Asda would appear before 5000 starving poors in the car park and start dishing out Smart Price fish finger sandwiches expertly prepared by a certain Smol pixie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
This is incredible. I'd love a whole series of these. Mr Asda (Jesus) in the car park (desert) being tempted by Charlie Bigham (Satan) to ditch the Smart Price range. Then in the next one Mr Asda would appear before 5000 starving poors in the car park and start dishing out Smart Price fish finger sandwiches expertly prepared by a certain Smol pixie.
Early morning, we see a solitary Jack walking along Southend seafront (not a MOD restricted firing zone). The camera pans to a pair of broken, old boots and the long line of lonely footprints they leave. Jack, weary from 10 long years of selfless activism buckles under the enormous unrelenting pressure, the sacrifices made have finally taken their toll. An ugly but cheerfully coloured bag hits the sand revealing an empty purse, moleskine and biro.
'Why have you forsaken me? I just wanted to help the people but I can't carry this burden on my own anymore' (arthritis).
With a double tap of his posterior, Jesus/Mr Asda appears and whispers 'Jack, you were never alone. See those broken boots and that one set of footprints? That was when I carried you. 45p rice for everyone'. Then he kissed her head.
[end scene].

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
I imagine in Jack’s vision Asda Jesus will at some point be nailed to a cross of broken sideboards to symbolise Big 4 price wars

• Haha
Reactions: 36
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
So she’s gone from spending over £100 on spoons to trying to save money by cooking beans in a flask.

That £100 could have gone towards the increase in your fuel bill you moonbot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Bean expert who can’t tell the difference between mung and black beans!

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Early morning, we see a solitary Jack walking along Southend seafront (not a MOD restricted firing zone). The camera pans to a pair of broken, old boots and the long line of lonely footprints they leave. Jack, weary from 10 long years of selfless activism buckles under the enormous unrelenting pressure, the sacrifices made have finally taken their toll. An ugly but cheerfully coloured bag hits the sand revealing an empty purse, moleskine and biro.
'Why have you forsaken me? I just wanted to help the people but I can't carry this burden on my own anymore' (arthritis).
With a double tap of his posterior, Jesus/Mr Asda appears and whispers 'Jack, you were never alone. See those broken boots and that one set of footprints? That was when I carried you. 45p rice for everyone'. Then he kissed her head.
[end scene].
I've not been in this thread for a while but duck me you lot are on top form 🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.