Jack Monroe #259 “I’m alright Jack” Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has tonight's dinner not been cooked and plated yet?
Sausages or fish, sausages or fish?
And what is your favourite Asda brand food of the day?
#batedbreath

• Haha
Reactions: 40
So many of Jack's favourites in that article! Sardines, stock cubes, spaghetti, beans, ketchup and peanut butter. LOL at Judy Joo saying of the peanut butter that "importantly, it doesn't use palm oil" before going on to suggest that Nutella sub which lists palm oil second in its ingredients.

In other news, I've been entertaining myself a bit this morning by checking out the quote tweets of Jack's shopping list thread. Lots of negative ones, I've just captured a couple of my faves -

View attachment 1068443
View attachment 1068444
I do a stocktake as she calls it every time I go food shopping, it’s called common sense 🤦🏼‍♀️ Also you need to spend money in order to have spare bits that you might need for a rainy day, if you are sticking to a strict budget you don’t have the luxury of getting extras

• Heart
Reactions: 49
someone curiously missing from this article (i think i hear the faint sound of wailing and the ripping open tins of smartprice prunes with their bare hands...don't they know tinned fish is JACK'S ENTIRE NICHE etc etc)

I can’t believe it’s not Nutella! Chefs’ and food writers’ favourite grocery bargains | Life and style | The Guardian

View attachment 1068409
They do mention her in that article, no? She just had not been asked.

Yes, the people are annoying with their Lidl safari, but I believe they are also chefs and stuff. I would imagine them to be very picky with what they buy/ be prepared to fork out quite some money for ingredients. Very typical Guardian piece though, haha (I do like that the Guardian is not a Murdoch outlet, and read it often, but at the same time the Guardian is often so very eyer roll inducing Guardian).

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
They do mention he in that article, no? She just had not been asked.

Yes, the people are annoying with their Lidl safari, but I believe they are also chefs and stuff. I would imagine them to be very picky with what they buy/ be prepared to fork out quite some money for ingredients. Very typical Guardian piece, haha (I do like that the Guardian is not a Murdoch outlet, and read it often, but at the same timem the Guardian is often so very eyer roll inducing Guardian).
I don't understand how Jacobs cream crackers are not posho? Am I a pleb?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I don't understand how Jacobs cream crackers are not posho? Am I a pleb?
Same only with the Carrs water biscuits, surely they are the premium cracker. Don't they even have a crown on their packaging? LOL @ silly little me thinking I was FANCY for preferring them above all others.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Does anyone remember the argument JM had with Mercury Squig? Mercury squig seemed quite well - meaning and a bit overwhelmed after they suggested Jack was consuming too much tinned fish, to which Jack rounded on them and said they were talking rubbish. Now Jack seems quite happy to state they have tinned fish on the daily. It makes me sad for mercury squig 😞

Attachments

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Does anyone remember when Asda tried to persuade us that Sharon Osbourne was a typical, busy working Mum?
"Shaaarrrrrronn, don't forget my bleeping chipolata pizza babs"

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Does anyone remember the argument JM had with Mercury Squig? Mercury squig seemed quite well - meaning and a bit overwhelmed after they suggested Jack was consuming too much tinned fish, to which Jack rounded on them and said they were talking rubbish. Now Jack seems quite happy to state they have tinned fish on the daily. It makes me sad for mercury squig 😞
That's why her lies are so transparent tbh, she only cares about 'winning' an argument. She will pull whatever fake fact out of her bumhole she needs to do that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Can you imagine a Jack X Asda collab? Shot in b&w, a sad piano dirge playing softly but thoughtfully in the background and Jack bravely overcoming her fears on voiceover. 'When I was a yadda yadda etc'
Slowly, in broken boots wandering the aisles, counting the pennies from down the back of the gifted sofa, picking things up and with a slow shake of the head putting them back. As a solitary tear hits a 45p bag of rice a shaft of light hits Jack <the screen turns to colour>.
A hand is extended towards Jack and pulls her out of despair... but it's not Jesus, it is Mr Asda looking alot like Jesus. He cradles Jack like a smol, tired, battle weary warrior then whispers 'I was always with you, let's win this fight...for all the poors'. Then kisses her head.
[End scene].

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
Why would you start defrosting the fish and sausages before you have decided which ONE OF THE BLOODY TWO you are going to eat?
In fairness, the answer is simply: refrigerator. And it's not as if she cooks enough fir leftovers!

Reactions: 18
It’s example 34675 of Jack being a nasty little cow to the people who keep her in sideboards.

• Sad
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.