Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not denying anyone food or money but 45 pounds is most of my weekly big shop. I spend about 10 pounds more than this. This is not 3 days food but more a week/ give or take the odd bread loaf and or milk etc.
I’m not sure if I’m misreading you but the profit margins on the items are nowhere near £45 - it’s literally a few quid. But people are being given the impression it’s enough to buy 3 days of food with.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
What about wages?! Benefits yes of course need an overall but what about the overworked, underpaid front line staff.

Why do these people always insist on just looking our for one set of issues. It's a national problem , rising costs and underpaid.

Between them and the government they are all as bad as each other.

I’m not sure if I’m misreading you but the profit margins on the items are nowhere near £45 - it’s literally a few quid. But people are being given the impression it’s enough to buy 3 days of food with.
I apologize yes, I am out of wack. I merely meant if she was claiming that the whole 45 pounds went to the foodbank then it was a bold claim that it would only feed someone for 3 days. We now know that the proceeds are not the whole cost of the actual product but a percentage thereof. Forgive me!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
We haven't seen any mass deletions for quite some time, allowing us to look at all the times Jack mentioned the Trussell Trust in 2021.

Screenshot_20220203-150406_Twitter.jpg

...yep, that's all. Three times in 12 months.

Essentially, she ignored them for a year - in the middle of a pandemic - and is now acting like she's been campaigning tirelessly on their behalf for years.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
We haven't seen any mass deletions for quite some time, allowing us to look at all the times Jack mentioned the Trussell Trust in 2021.

View attachment 1037101

Essentially, she ignored them for a year - in the middle of a pandemic - and is now acting like she's been campaigning tirelessly on their behalf for years.
Put some respect on the tins of prunes she donated dear heart.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54

View attachment 1037101

This is gold. She said (was it yesterday🤷‍♀️) she promoted TT daily. twit!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
i'm still 10 pages in the past, but this is the bestest chaos ever mama!

never mind eyeroll react, we need a fuckin angery-laugh react cos good lord, i can't choose!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I'm way behind but convinced the bloody awful poem and tip jar rattle are because she's green with envy over the amount of money the squiggles have coughed up for the fascist merch.

It could have been hers if it wasn't for those pesky food bank users :(
But SHE WAS ONE!!

F'kin hell, an apostrophe badge. This lot will buy any old tit won't they 🤣 look at us splashing out our money on a pile of toot to support the poor whilst showing the great wealth divide we are shouting about.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Pffft - she’s always at the supermarket when she doesn’t want to answer something. It’s her go to place.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I just can’t understand how she can’t see the issue with writing a (terrible) poem about unimaginable (TRUE) things that have happened to people in genuine poverty, then asking her followers to donate to her SO SHE CAN BUY COFFEE?!? Honestly baffling. I feel for the TT - they didn’t ask for this and jack’s chaos is costing them both resource-wise and probably reputationally, it’s awful. meanwhile the manic pixie of Southend is softly, gently lining her pockets. I am so angry!!
Even if we give her the absolute and total benefit of the doubt that she is writing that for (misguided) altruistic and caring reasons... she goes on and on about being targeted by horrible trolls online and being threatened and feeling unsafe... yet she would post about these very identifiable people in her poems which, if she was being targeted, means the families of those people could potentially be at risk of the same 'targeting.'

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Screenshot_20220203-142227.png

Got my reply. Looks like TT will get donations up until yesterday.

She may have had a small telling off also.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
View attachment 1037130

Got my reply. Looks like TT will get donations up until yesterday.

She may have had a small telling off also.
I still don't see how she can flip to a different charity without actually saying which ones. It could be fifty it could be one, some people might have a preference. Ugh!

I certainly will be telling my friends not to endorse it till she's more transparent ( as I know some follow her)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I do love the word "fud". (I'm very scottish). Sometimes we refer to people as being " total Elmers"
I love a good fud myself but never heard of the total elmers comment.

Did you know that the word fud actually means a rabbit's tail? Too much time on the scrabble app has taught me that!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.