Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you think about it, this rewording is clever. Charities take donations. That word sounds very familiar from the recent griftathons. It's going to feed the poor, like what you do if you pledge to her Patreon. #KerChing
She classes herself as a person in poverty....

Very separately, why is she obsessed with the numbers 3 and 4? The food hike was 344%, she had £34 in her bank, £3.14 in the “poem” (ghoul piece) she’ll be 34 pretend years old on her birthday…there’s some sort of numerology here, I’m offering these as The Lying Numbers.
Ahhhhh! I've noticed this too but thought I was being paranoid!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I think I’ve said this before but the three days one is the most concerning imo.

She hasn’t made it clear how much 3 days’ worth of food costs, who verified that figure (cause if Jack’s costings and portions are anything to go by, it’s more that she thinks) and that there is enough profit margin in each of those items to cover that cost?

If we take Jack’s 20% margin tweet as true, she’s saying that you can feed a person on £3.20 or £4.80 for three days, depending if you buy a £16 tote or £24 tee.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Why do the squigs always have to do her work for her? She asks them for food bank recommendations like she asks them what’s their fave discontinued sweet from the 80s (#1978truther.) Surely such a dogged, relentless, forensic campaigner of a decade would be quite au fait with lists of foodbanks and food charities?
She's just retweeted this. She didn't even follow that account this morning.

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 13.21.41.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
ALSO... Wasn't she snapping at some squig the other day who complained about 'poor' in one of the newspapers that she doesn't write the headlines? Yet she's slinging that word about left, right and centre. #IDontWriteTheHeadlines #IDoWriteTheYear6Poetry #SmolPixiesCantApostrophe

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Why do the squigs always have to do her work for her? She asks them for food bank recommendations like she asks them what’s their fave discontinued sweet from the 80s (#1978truther.) Surely such a dogged, relentless, forensic campaigner of a decade would be quite au fait with lists of foodbanks and food charities?

Very separately, why is she obsessed with the numbers 3 and 4? The food hike was 344%, she had £34 in her bank, £3.14 in the “poem” (ghoul piece) she’ll be 34 pretend years old on her birthday…there’s some sort of numerology here, I’m offering these as The Lying Numbers.
Illuminati!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Jack has been obsessed / connected with the number ‘3’ since FOREVER. It’s her go to, magic number.

Three therapists on speed dial. Three ringbinders full of Tattle printouts. Three freezers. Three ... fiancés (?). Three broken front doors from foster kids. The list goes on.
Three rhymes with ‘me’. Four rhymes with ‘more’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Just mentioned it to my mate and she mentioned a charity registration number. If your fundraising your apparently supposed to have one from the charity your supporting?! Which I guess she would get from the trussel trust, but if she's supporting multiple charities surely she would need her own. People are told too look for these when giving to Charity to ensure they are legit?!

I'm sure she has one so it's cool!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Does this mean that along with her shelves of remaindered books she'll have wardrobes full of her unsellable Militia Merch?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Does this mean that along with her shelves of remaindered books she'll have wardrobes full of her unsellable Militia Merch?
It’s print to order - they won’t be made until someone has bought and paid for a shirt/bag/whatever with Jack’s slogan on. Then sent directly to the buyer.

Reactions: 22
This is *literally* the George Costanza - human fund storyline isn't it?

"The Human Fund" is a fake charity used by George Costanza. After getting a similar gift from his friend Tim Whatley, George gave out cards to his co-workers stating that a donation had been made to a charity called "The Human Fund", with the slogan, "Money For People."

George: Hey, check this out. I gotta give out Christmas presents to everyone down at Kruger, so I'm pulling a Whatley. (Gives a Christmas card to Jerry)
Jerry: (Reading it) "A donation has been made in your name to the Human Fund." - What is that?
George: (With pride) Made it up.
Jerry: (Continuing reading) "The Human Fund. Money for people."
George: What do you think?
Jerry: It has a certain understated stupidity.

It was such a good scam Mr. Kruger, George's boss, gave him a company check for $20,000 made out to "The Human Fund." Later, after the accounting department informed Kruger that "The Human Fund" didn't exist, he accused George of misleading him. George claimed he had made up the charity because his family celebrated Festivus, which created a chain of events that caused George to invite Kruger to his father's Festivus celebration.

From The Human Fund | Festivusweb.com | Seinfeld Festivus

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She's going to land herself in a heap of trouble.

She's out of control again seriously.

You cannot just change paths of where charity funds are going, that's deception.

If you do a sponsored walk for cancer and get the sponsors you cannot then go actually I will give that to guide dogs, because the people sponsoring you didn't give to that charity and perhaps may have given more or less...

It also has a moral issue perhaps the people providing the funds where former users of the trussel trust and wanted to give them something back, they don't know her local food banks, so why would they donate to them?!

She's playing a very dangerous game. Please for the love of God someone with more than one brain cell intervene.
Hi ho hi ho, it's off to the Charity Commissioner’s complaints team I go...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Over on Insta, this is the squigg responding to the TT member of staff who told Jack the t-shirts were a great idea...

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 13.31.42.png

I get the feeling that the senior members of staff at TT are furious with the kids of the company running amok on social media

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
Jack Monroe: voedselblogger

She's done it, lads. She's gone international. Der Spiegel described her as a Journalistin und Aktivistin, which I found laughable. Though everything she said is written up in the Konjunktiv, which is a verb form we use when things are possible but not real/confirmed. #GermanShade #Grammar
I'm going to ask my mum if Jack has appeared in the Swedish press although I highly doubt as the press there are quite biased and somewhat insular in reporting.
Jack would probably hate Sweden as its very expensive for tax and living costs. But more than anything, she would hate Jantelagen which is the law of not being allowed to consider yourself better than anyone else, I'd love to apply that in Southend 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.