Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love a good fud myself but never heard of the total elmers comment.

Did you know that the word fud actually means a rabbit's tail? Too much time on the scrabble app has taught me that!
Ooh I didn't know that. Scut is another word for a rabbit's tail.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Ooh I wonder if her friend coming round tonight is a ragtag nerd helping her sift through the receipts people helpfully sent, and compiling the Index.
She must be half way to completion by now. She's probably just being modest by not giving updates.
#humbleJack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Forty f….forty…..ummmm…forty five pages? Since this morning?

F13287EB-7D28-4E46-9722-F61D5D5441F2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Velveeta Binbag index has me cackling 😂

We are in a prime time chaos slot- a thread a day 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Just popped on to say thanks to whoever linked the low cost living challenges of Atomic Shrimp.. just watching a few of his £5 for 5 days ones ... really odd meals and interesting.... can't help but wonder if our Jack takes her inspiration from him.. good channel tho and the guy comes across as really genuine.. also he is so good at saving and using everything,,, super impressed

• Heart
Reactions: 33
At least her dinner has plenty of nutrients...it has both spinach AND veg!

I'm surprised we're just getting a depression - I thought this whole chaos was going to end in a much darker place, with accusations of various unsavoury deeds. Instead it's just the light turning off again, to be followed by lots of self-care sardines and playing with makeup. Yawn.

Reactions: 33
She's only ever mentioned being in receipt of housing benefit, I think. The whole 'mama works' thing was about how she didn't take unemployment.
I think she probably wasn't eligible for whatever reason (savings, making herself redundant? I'm not sure) because there is no way Jack would pass up free money. Even if she is a tory snob about it.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.