Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Deej

Do you think TT have said no thanks to her, and she’s trying to cover it up with these independent food banks? It feels really dodgy. Also, asking for personal paypal donations when you have all of the patreon money? Just stop!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 87

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Oh wow a thread title!
I’d love to recap but I haven’t read all of the last thread yet so I CANT or can’t
Here’s what I know so far
Jack thinks she’s being super efficient due to finally being on the right ADHD and ad meds. Unfortunately you can’t medicate for rampant narcissism and self promotion, the worm has turned at last! Middle class twitter can’t get over the “conscious design decision” of leaving the apostrophe out of “can’t”
In an horrific turn of events, a squiggion jackolyte was mean to a squiggle who said they’re too poor to afford the offensive “DPCR” t-shirt
The light started to go out and the “I’m just a woman with a twitter account all on my smol self doing all of this” pityfishing tweets started and a little bit of snippety peeky mingled out
Jack Monroe x Trussell Trust Merch seems to be in danger - the TT are making it clear they’ve been trying to get a meeting with Jack about it all and are hoping to speak later this week? But Jack said she already met them?

I dunno what the future holds lads, but 🍿 back up lighting and 🦉🍾 will be essential
Things are not looking good for the variously bajanxed index...

• Heart
  • Haha

notthefullshilling

Chatty Member
Rarely comment on this thread but this merch thing is really grim. That slogan is gross. I understand her use of it but any slogan that is open to multiple meanings is as near as useless as it can be co-opted and offend.

And why won't she enlighten everyone as to the macro philanthropy thing?

As for that poem. To me it's vile to use that much detail about real people's experiences and present them in rhyming verse. I've lost two family members to suicide] and there is so much sensitivity about reporting of methods but also lots of families feel very strongly about even basic reporting of the deaths in the first place and would prefer that any information is withheld, but don't have a choice because of inquests and the like. Imagine coming across that poem as one of those people's family members. I feel like the style shows she doesn't have the first clue about the trauma involved in any of those experiences. If you had worked in this area as intimately and for the time that she claims she has, you would never write something like this and share it. There are so many better ways to get the point across.

Astonishing how she's presenting all this 'work' as evidence of how sober and organised and in control and supported she is and can't see how it looks like another manic episode she needs to back down from.

Most campaigners and activists work in their spare time and don't get paid for it. Else they work for an organisation which focuses on this kind of work in a structured, organised, collaborative and transparent way. That she's begging for cash for fannying about like this is grim. She's not special. Why not go and find a campaigning organisation to work for? Not enough opportunity for self promotion then I guess.

• Heart
  • Sad

colouredlines

VIP Member
Euuuuurgh.

Ignoring the fact that IT DOESN'T FUCKING SCAN, this is so fucking gross.

I recognised one of the people she talks about from an old Guardian article in which she was gleefully discussing suicides. It's sick. It's utterly sick.

To say nothing of the fact that there are real, actual genocides talking place elsewhere in the world right now. There are over 1 million Uyghurs in internment camps in China. There are half a million Rohingyas living in a single refugee camp in Bangladesh, unable to return to Myanmar because of ongoing ethnic cleansing.

Jack Monroe, you are a childish, ignorant little shit. Take your sixth form understanding of politics and fuck off.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 85

bowiethesdmn

VIP Member
After the TT thing, I'm wondering if her meeting with Asda was literally just her going to her local Asda

• Haha
Reactions: 83

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Jack has been obsessed / connected with the number ‘3’ since FOREVER. It’s her go to, magic number.

Three therapists on speed dial. Three ringbinders full of Tattle printouts. Three freezers. Three ... fiancés (?). Three broken front doors from foster kids. The list goes on.
Three rhymes with ‘me’. Four rhymes with ‘more’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83

Yel

Chatty Member
View attachment 1036686

I really have no words........

At the weekend Jack came up amongst a group of friends (two of them pay 💷🤑 to the guardian each month 😳) and I couldn't help but launch into why she's a ghastly person.

Sadly I couldn't use the one girl three fraps example, but the lightbulb tale seemed to get them slightly on board.

I may have held up my hand like a tosser with a "mark my word she'll be stealthy begging soon enough" so I feel vindicated.

Her 3k-6k a month patreon money every month just isn't good enough. She feels like the world owes her ten times this. A nice Chelsea mews house in the right location must be 3+ million thesedays. I'd imagine that's the minimum she thinks she deserves.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

Vanelope

VIP Member
There was a video, the school made students walk quietly in the corridors. A young woman was interviewed who said it reduced harassment in the corridors and made her feel safer.

Jack steamed in screaming about how it wasn't fair to the autistics who all needed to shout in the corridors, because that's what the autistics do She was profoundly nasty. I think J1g may have been involved.

Then either she passed out or LJC wrestled the phone out of her hand. LJC then pretend to be Jack and apologised. But thank you gave it away.
The headteacher as I recall was calm, fair and did not back down. It was profoundly reassuring and evidence of someone who has dealt with their fair share of adolescent tantrums.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Oh my goodness a quiz! I’m 🦉.

I recognise most of the chaoses despite my 6mo break - but Rishi selfie? Help? Please anyone direct me towards
Jack took a piccie of hersef crying and @‘d Rishi saying she was one of the self employed excluded people. She was doing this while the Capitol Hill riot was taking place. She also admitted she hadn’t actually submitted the forms in time.

• Haha
  • Wow
She posted a crying picture of herself during lockdown crying at Rishi mate, as she was cold, and poor and hungry,
or just being her usual narcissistic, lying twatty self.
Let's be a little more forensic here.

She posted a crying picture of herself during lockdown crying at Rishi mate, as she was feeling sorry for herself because her on-off ex/girlfriend/bubble buddy/housemate/lodger/paypig was at work covering Trump's attempt at a coup.

I am ended
benefits suspended

Trussell Trust Unfriended.

• Haha
  • Wow

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
5277C4AF-313E-4466-BFA6-57F52F84EB2C.jpeg

A bit of a tangent and I'm sure this is just a coincidence but this recent tweet from TD had me fizzy owling like the little life Frau that I am

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 80