Jack Monroe #251 There isn’t a big enough salary in the world

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Popping up from working behind the scenes (obvs) to 👋 in solidarity at the glorious cabal. Keep mithering, ninnies. ❤

And we SO need a T shirt!

21435792 (power).jpg
21435792 (Lie).jpg

I've been cheering you on from the sidelines for the last few months, owl champagning at regular intervals. If you don't post it almost seems like it's not actually happening...right?

Mr Soapy D is an actual maths Herr ( maths degree and post grad. computing ) and the look on his face when I tried to explain the Vague Bullshit Index was priceless. Oooo, just like our Jackie!

Have I understood correctly about the Patreon? She changed the terms AFTER Team Nigella signed up and paid? "Hi, I'm Jackie. Thanks for the lovely lolly - I'm worth it! You're not getting anything by the way, just the Good Feels. Love you. Thankspaceyou. Byeee!" Something like that anyway. ;) Some of those squigs were clearly looking forward to the postcards, recipes etc. I call that more than disingenuous.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
All I'll say is all my most grandiose, absolutely ridiculous ideas when I was younger have been when it's been ❄ round here. None of them have ever ever happened.

I now prefer to spend my time safely inside instead of braving awful weather conditions but the last time I went out in them it ended in six of us shouting over each other in the smoking area about how we were definitely absolutely going to rent a flat we could use as a communal kind of thing. This, also, never happened.

On a slightly related note, has anyone ever been to/noticed the 'Stormfront' computer shop in York? I dunno if it's because I've been horribly online since I was a kid, but that struck me the second I saw it in my early 20s and having looked it up online it's still going now. I wonder what crowd they attract!
Are we talking about actual snow here? Totally lost.

I use our Stormfront (not York) because my iPhone (not 13) always breaks, the last time I went online to fix it, I was told it was “vintage” and wouldn’t update and the nearest Apple store is in the Metrocentre, which is the place where joy went to die.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
IMG_20220201_193913_8.jpg

For sale:. My beloved Nigella whisk. Reason for sale:. Disbelief, disgust, rage , shame.
Go to my online shop to purchase, once I've set it up in a few months.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Do we really think that she's going to earn absolutely nothing from this?
Mm. She may not get actual £££ (she probably will) but no doubt hoping for more patreons as she shows how hard she is working for the poors. All a hearts and minds exercise now.
She has no interest in that stupid index any more.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.