Jack Monroe #251 There isn’t a big enough salary in the world

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ, trying to find this macro justification is HARD I have definitely heard people use it to mean smol when it usually means large. I know a macro lens looks at something very closely I wonder if media wankers have confused macro lenses with macro economics? Seems legit.

Reactions: 19
She's repeated the line that people don't shop Smart Price "as a jolly little challenge" so I will repeat - you've based your whole career on doing exactly that. You did the live on £10 per challenge (or whatever it was) several times and you still use the photos from that to pretend it's what you were forced to survive on during your 'poverty'.
That’s what pissed me off about her pretty much from the get go of her being in the public eye. None of her tales rang true to me and I always felt like she was playing at being poor (I had no idea of the true extent of it lol). This was pre tattle and I did doubt myself at times but then she’d have another woe-is-me drama or an identity crisis and I’d be like ‘again?!’. Plus her whole Tory rhetoric and the fact she literally calls herself (pullyourselfupbyyour) bootstrap cook. And yet she is adored by the vocally (virtue signalling) ‘lefty’ media class. I don’t understand 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I can’t find the origin of dead people can’t riot. But I feel like it might be from either some people who were oppressed and it might be somewhat cultural appropriation. Or it’s a threat.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
This is like the worst episode of the Apprentice ever.

Charities need mainstream help. This is going to appeal to.....Hell I dunno, but not sure I'm going to see people wearing them on the School run.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Christ, trying to find this macro justification is HARD I have definitely heard people use it to mean smol when it usually means large. I know a macro lens looks at something very closely I wonder if media wankers have confused macro lenses with macro economics? Seems legit.
Yeah, they have

• Haha
Reactions: 17
'Dead People Can't Riot' sounds like something a dictatorship might use to subjugate through threats.
I've just been looking at when it was originally said on twitter and it appears that it was in fact used as some sort of threat to rioters. ... reminds me once more of the SEND IN THE TANKS blue tick mob during the London riots.

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 11.39.50.png

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 11.33.30.png

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 11.36.09.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
She's just said she's "not comfortably off by any means" on the Radio Sheffield programme.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
1 Strawberry+cream Frappuccino is 51g of sugar, 3 = 153g of sugar. Sugar RDA for a male is 36g. Jack you can percentagise just how bleeping unhealthy that is in your little fake story. Mother Theresa Serial Killer (is my new band name.)

• Haha
Reactions: 51
how bleeping wasteful! who could drink three of those?

i mean that as a hypothetical question, because her statement is a lie.
If you had the best part of £15 to buy 3 Frappuccinos, wouldn’t you buy one frappe and either give the guy the rest of the money or put it on a gift voucher if you’re paying by card.

I’m not suggesting it’s a sufficient solution but its more useful than 3 frappes straight up. You’d think an Ex Poor expert would get that.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
The interviewer asked her how it felt, that she'd been campaigning on this for ten years and if anything things seemed to be getting worse. Jack says it's disheartening and that whenever she feels she's got the sympathetic ear "in the cabinet", the next week "that sympathetic ear will turn towards something like foxhunting or something completely off-the-wall and you're like THIS IS NOT HELPFUL!"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I really hope that the "dead people can't riot" t-shirt falls into the 0,1% of things she follows through, because it's just so so bad, and she'd end up having to tweet an apology. Which is always brill.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.