Jack Monroe #251 There isn’t a big enough salary in the world

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1030182i
Presume that's curtains for the bootsindex so now that she can claim victory because the smartprice goods that were never actually removed are "back". Think it just edged out thunderclapforcarers in staying power.
bleeping skewer
Doesn't believe in coincidences until she posted that 'what are the chances' on air parcel post 🥰
Utter plum. So angry and also, shamefully, a bit jealous, how many tattle threads are there devoted to people like jack Monroe who have people simultaneously eating out of their hands whilst stuffing money into their accounts for no tangible reason.
It's such a struggle for so many of us then to watch this unfold before our eyes and triple her income in a day is unfathomable

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
bleeping skewer
Doesn't believe in coincidences until she posted that 'what are the chances' on air parcel post 🥰
Utter plum. So angry and also, shamefully, a bit jealous, how many tattle threads are there devoted to people like jack Monroe who have people simultaneously eating out of their hands whilst stuffing money into their accounts for no tangible reason.
It's such a struggle for so many of us then to watch this unfold before our eyes and triple her income in a day is unfathomable
I don't know from my point of view it looks to me like now the dust has settled she's realised she was wrong and that she's made a huge tit of herself. She's saving face by going oh look it's back now, what happened to all of the shops all of the time, eh?

I really hope Asda tore her a new one and told her to shop elsewhere.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
The thing is about people like Jack is that they cultivate enablers and in doing so they bleed them dry emotionally and financially. I know someone exactly like that.
No wonder she doesn’t have any real friends that I can see. She is rich but horribly poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Look at this one, all up in Jack’s niche. A carefully curated shop for £25. But surely some miscalculations there….20p for spaghetti and 29p pasta she says???
I'm so sick of people going to the press to say how easy it is to be poor and how they can do it so much better , it's the same for chronic illness and so many other difficult lives
There's a billion variables for individual situations.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
Hope the landlady puts her rent up 334% or whatever the rate of inflation is , it's not as if Jack can't afford it now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
The thing is about people like Jack is that they cultivate enablers and in doing so they bleed them dry emotionally and financially. I know someone exactly like that.
No wonder she doesn’t have any real friends that I can see. She is rich but horribly poor.
True. Except the many friends who are non stop buying her stuff, donating things and mysteriously leaving things in puddles for her. She's like a child, arranging their toys around them and inventing little scenarios.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I'm so sick of people going to the press to say how easy it is to be poor and how they can do it so much better , it's the same for chronic illness and so many other difficult lives
There's a billion variables for individual situations.
To be fair, press agencies just scan Facebook for stories to sell, so it could have been her putting some recipes out and some price plans on Facebook and someone picking it up. Could just as easily be another Jack though

Reactions: 28
Everything is dispiriting right now isn't it?

I'm out of work looking for my next job and made the mistake of going on LinkedIn to see all the wonderful Netflix, award-winning stuff my colleagues and friends are making. One woman I worked with a few years ago has just gotten an MBE. It's true what they say, comparison truly is the thief of joy. Feel very low.

Between that and Jack's epic Patreon grift, I just don't have the energy to try and be funny about it. I know I am lucky in many ways and have a lot to be thankful for, but feeling that way is another matter.

Big loves to anyone else feeling like we are the last sane people in the world ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 108
Look at this one, all up in Jack’s niche. A carefully curated shop for £25. But surely some miscalculations there….20p for spaghetti and 29p pasta she says???
What a contrast with Jack! A thoughtful meal plan based on stuff people might actually want to eat, no rinsed beans or pointless additions to recipes, no larping as a poor- just a bit of thought and the desire to be helpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
'Guided by god with a righteous fury and a biro as my sword' is giving me huge 'I have the power of god and anime on my side' vibes.

Remember when we were stuck in the Anchoiade Epoch and were desperately wishing for anything else? Those were simpler times. Jack are you sure you wouldn't rather fill some slippery rubbery land eggs with sloppy sea creatures, darling?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I never got the poverty cos play, it's nothing to be ashamed of, but why do you have to show how little you can spend on food.
I always have had a clear food budget and I always stick to that, give or take 5 pound either side.

Reactions: 26
Sorry but I've just got home from work and grunking...
Eta, I laughed out loud too (what will Nicholas Cage think).

Screenshot_20220131-181258_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
What bothers me the most and always bothers me after Grifty McGrifty has tired of her manic 15 minutes of fame again, is that it still doesn't achieve anything. The worst hit in this situation are no better off. I strongly believe that more needs to be done at a very basic level. Teaching money management, food tech, real life skills at school. Having available and functioning support networks, a social security system that works, a government that understands real world dynamics. The list is endless and no amount of media hype will make the difference. Jack can celebrate her imaginary victory but it changes nothing. I shan't be popping open the champers just because her local Asda has 20p pasta back in stock and I hope she chokes on hers. What a sorry mess. Absolutely gutted that the supermarkets haven't shouted her down. I'm looking at you Asda and Sainsbury. Grow a pair.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
The other problem that could happen is due to this expose' the supermarkets might not want anything at all to do with her this might include stocking future books(ha) or even working with her in projects.

I don't know if she had of been a bigger name or of higher status she could have perhaps done something and made it work. I have a feeling she's maybe cooked her goose alittle early.

Also looking back in history people who get money through unfair methods normally get their comeuppance.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.