Jack Monroe #250 Jack Monroe’s Patreon is a scam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a Patreon for a couple of podcasts (and get bonus episodes for them). For one of the podcasts, they specifically tell you not to subscribe to their Patreon at the end of the month and that you should wait a few days before you join.

You'd think Jack could at least have waited until Tuesday to retweet Nigella, so that they wouldn't be charged for two months :rolleyes:
Just shows neither of them give a duck!

I was giving NL the benefit of the doubt until the last screenshot, NL has no excuse not to be totally familiar with Jack's "work".

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Her website

That doesn’t currently work
The discounts always struck me as a bit cynical anyway. Because of course they’re only any use if you BUY MORE STUFF i.e. put yet more money Jack’s way.
It wouldn’t be so bad I suppose if her website had anything worth buying but it’s just her books and endless grotty prints and postcards.

Reactions: 30
Does anyone think that whoever does Nigella's PR may have signed Jack up recently too?

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Ok Nigella can definitely get to absolute duck now too.
All of these overprivileged wankers like her and Hugh Grant with their performative twattering. Can’t even give them the benefit of the doubt any more - they’re not well meaning if a bit clueless. They’re selfish and they don’t give a duck about the little people. It’s so galling how they pretend.
Think I’m letting my PMT take over a bit here, sorry.
But you're completely correct - there is no excusing it and making heroes of trivial, uninspiring people like Lawson who can but present themselves of substance online or on camera, lays at the heart of the wider problem in the first place.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Nigella is being a total bleep here, very heartless but she always has been (caught buying black market foie grois in 2012 for e.g). I never understood the hype. Either she genuinely likes Jack or Jack has some serious dirt on her.

Someone mentioned punch and judy earlier.
Cupace20220130154833.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Apparently expecting someone to pay their taxes is ableist.

View attachment 1027936
"Worked off their feet" - FFS squiggle, she spent months doing nothing but playing with makeup and dyeing her clothes. She hasn't even put up any recipes since April last year (and those she did put up have been deleted due to website drama).

Squiggle can also duck off with their patronising nonsense about ADHD. Jack is 33 years old, and if her condition is so debilitating that she can't take care of the administrative processes required in her chosen line of (ahem) work, there are many options open to her. Having ADHD does not reduce someone to a childlike helplessness.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 80
nigella has actually become a flying monkey. this person is being piled on in the replies

20220130_171907.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
Don’t know if this has been said because I can’t read everything without getting a massive rage about the grift, but NL is a bleep, if she cared about Jack and her career then surely she would quietly contact her and say “let’s do a collaboration”. Instead she just gets her goons to deposit their money into some losers account. You know that old saying “give a man a fish…” Jack needs work not charity AND SHE NEEDS TO FILE HER COMPANY ACCOUNTS 😤

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Ok Nigella can definitely get to absolute duck now too.
All of these overprivileged wankers like her and Hugh Grant with their performative twattering. Can’t even give them the benefit of the doubt any more - they’re not well meaning if a bit clueless. They’re selfish and they don’t give a duck about the little people. It’s so galling how they pretend.
Think I’m letting my PMT take over a bit here, sorry.
Wonder if they donated?

After the events of the past few days (a week or two in Jack parlance) the only thing that's stopping me going full on grifter is my conscience. Got one of those, Jack, or did you flog it along with the Omega and the lightbulbs?

This is the only thread I can't read when I've been drinking cos I'm an aggy little sod and I'd be straight on Twitter digitally squaring up to her, and I love the cabal too much to do that.

eta: and Nigella can duck off too. To think I fancied her, totally ruined now

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
The mention of legal action is another quite clever trick. Many will take at face value. If you challenged at the time, Jack wouldn't comment as it was ongoing. Now it would be that it was dropped as it was harming her health & causing issues with family etc. So there will never be any more detail.

Not sure where Asda PR or legal are based but HQ is Leeds. That's 4 hours each way for a potential train chaos! How many shins will suffer in that time?
I was assuming a zoom meeting. Jack will be wearing those unflattering glasses and the background will be a carefully curated bookshelf

• Haha
"Worked off their feet" - FFS squiggle, she spent months doing nothing but playing with makeup and dyeing her clothes. She hasn't even put up any recipes since April last year (and those she did put up have been deleted due to website drama).

Squiggle can also duck off with their patronising nonsense about ADHD. Jack is 33 years old, and if her condition is so debilitating that she can't take care of the administrative processes required in her chosen line of (ahem) work, there are many options open to her. Having ADHD does not reduce someone to a childlike helplessness.
AND Jack has already tweeted that she has a team working with her, she said that she is surrounded by carers, tech nerds and enablers helpers. Do these squiggles not retain information from a few days ago?

Reactions: 39
I have to say a big thank you to the posters on these threads. I would have probably been mug enough to donate to Jack's Patreon before I saw all the contradictions posted here.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 83
I was assuming a zoom meeting. Jack will be wearing those unflattering glasses and the background will be a carefully curated bookshelf
I'm still dying over her 'library' containing loads of the same copies of her own book

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Sorry to post so much but I’d never paid attention to this, should I be including VAT in our estimates? I had assumed this was paying Patreon’s VAT liability rather than hers, if we think she’s receiving that 20% we should include it as the figure we share is gross.
I don't think so. Even if Jack/On A Bootstrap Ltd is VAT registered, Patreon's adding VAT to the tier figure, so if someone signs up for a £5 tier (I know there isn't one, but easy maths) then they're paying £6 a month and Patreon is dealing with the VAT.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Seriously, she's been at it all afternoon, graciously thanking each and every deluded squig who's signed up to Jack's Patreon. It's bizarre. Go bake a cake or something Nige.
Do you think that there's some weird canal of Tory Guardian writers, they certainly seem to keep each other in the spotlight?

if she cared about Jack and her career then surely she would quietly contact her and say “let’s do a collaboration”.
Their cooking styles wouldn't work together very well (and Nigella knows it) - "now, let us softly rinse the beans underneath some soothing, crystal clear water, feeling their plump tenderness in our fingertips, before plucking this beautiful woodland fungi off the counter and moving it up and down this shiny metallic instrument until it has a splendidly coarse texture. Not got any parsley? No worries, some verdant and fragrant thyme will work just as well in this gently bubbling concoction."

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Do you think that there's some weird canal of Tory Guardian writers, they certainly seem to keep each other in the spotlight?
Not that I have ever frequented the Sali Hughes thread more than a quick browse but there definitely seems to be a mendacious group of ninnies who all seem to work at The Guardian and Times and all back each other up/initiate pile ons. All very New Labour vibes if you get me.

• Sad
Reactions: 46
I'm beginning to think Nigella is well aware of how Jack is perceived in food and journalist circles, given how defensive her replies are when she normally doesn't take any bait.

Maybe she felt sorry for Jack on the back of the Trifle Defender repeatedly hinting at Jack's con artistry, maybe Jack has knows where Nigella's bodies are buried (under a pile of J 1g ❄ maybe) or [who bleeping knows].

She hasn't come across well at all, and for the daughter of a Tory politician coming from a very wealthy background, she worked very hard on her image as a down-to-Earth home cook - perhaps that's what she and Jack share in common.

Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.