Jack Monroe #25 Worst paid advance, posing in her pants, at least Hellmans gave this 10 yr newbie a chance.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I didn't log off. Too busy watching Andi, who is carrying this for Jack.
She knows her stuff and is passionate and interesting. Jack is crap and giggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sorry I didn't log off. Too busy watching Andi, who is carrying this for Jack.
She knows her stuff and is passionate and interesting. Jack is crap and giggling.
She is really, really crap at it isn’t she! Zero charisma or personality and nothing whatsoever to say of any value.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if the reason they couldn’t get Andi to do the series is because they couldn’t afford her... she’s clearly brilliant (I’m ignorant soz not a foodie this is the first time I’ve ever watched her!)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
oh god I mean Andi is lovely but stop licking her arse live on Instagram pls

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Did Jack just made a boob joke? Scaffolding with the boob holding action? She's the bleeping worst.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Interjecting the live! This is where I'd normally bury an opinion...

Harking back to a post from some pages ago - whether we'd tried and tested any of Jack's stuff.

My experience is as follows:

The good

- mushroom, lentil, and ale pie
- carrot and coriander falafels
- Feisty Soup (even though the title is a bit cringe)
- dare I say it, the salmon paste pasta is not as heinous as you'd think. It's not restaurant level, but it's a good use of salmon paste if you're not going to put in between the nastiest most processed white bread you can find (I'm a lover. Sorry). Mine looked better than when she did it on the telly though!
- peanut butter thumbprint cookies
- Come to Bed Parmigiana (again, terrible title, pretty nice recipe)

The not so good

- spinach dumplings from 'Veganish'. On reading I could tell it wasn't going to work - fundamental errors in logic. Lo and behold, it fell apart
- mac and cheese in a mug (I was curious, okay?). Just didn't work
- perfect roast potatoes. Again, didn't read right, and didn't work for me - too soft and greasy

Given that I'd recommended other cookbooks on this thread, may I also recommend Two Chubby Cubs? Laugh out loud, and not a single recipe failed on me yet!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.