Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, I for one am thinking that Jack's bank account screenshot is amazing!
Imagine the skills to be in the 3rd week of the month, bought a tit load of spoons on Ebay, went to buy groceries on Friday night as we all know, and yet can accurately whittle her account down to £0.00......not even leaving a rogue tuppence in there OR going overdrawn!! That's 10 years worth of skills right there. I've always either got random pennies or have been overdrawn, never can I get a big fat even £0.00.
I mean, that is correct isn't it? There's no way anyone would juggle accounts to take that screenshot and try to prove a point, is there? :unsure:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I was just about to say this - you can be waiting anything up to 3 months after publication and for monthly magazines you'll have submitted at least 2 months before publication date.
But she's not waiting for this to drop into her account in order to survive. She's not only got £40 in the bank.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I was just about to say this - you can be waiting anything up to 3 months after publication and for monthly magazines you'll have submitted at least 2 months before publication date.
She's heavily implying that she won't be paid at all for it, which I think is the issue here.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Mark my words, she’d replicate the snideyness she deserves for Jamie Oliver with Rashford if she knew she wouldn’t get ripped to shreds for it.

It’s not trendy but I really like JO. Jamie’s recipes work and can be pulled together on a tight budget. He’s also influenced change at the highest level (I was in secondary school when he launched his healthy eating campaign and the chips, soft drinks and vending machines disappeared from my school over night).

• Heart
Reactions: 54
She's so THICK, is the thing. Doesn't she see she's demonstrating that she does exactly what people are accusing her of doing. How can she not, by this stage, understand the criticisms, and change her behaviour accordingly?
Because she doesn't care? She's living exactly the life that she wants, in the sense that she does duck all but has a roof over her head and is up to her knees in shite and cutlery

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I’m not very good at maths, or timelines, but doesn’t that mean her Diva.pdf money will be coming in soon?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Where’s the £20 slop shop she promised to show today? Did she have £54.34 in the bank when this happened? I am stumped.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Because she doesn't care? She's living exactly the life that she wants, in the sense that she does duck all but has a roof over her head and is up to her knees in shite and cutlery
I think she does care about what people think about her, which is why we upset her so much, and why she can't just ignore criticism. She wants to have it all, she needs the adulation more than anything and wants to shut down any dissenting voices. She just does not get that she's not entitled to it, along with the riches she so evidently craves.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Toothpaste man is one of her best stories yet. Let's break it down, a person is so poor they are reduced to eating toothpaste to take the edge off their hunger and instead of going to a foodbank/CAB/charity/social work they log into to Twitter and tell St Slop. Incredible.
Especially when we saw her appropriation happening in real time - a woman offers up her story & Jack twists it for her own schemes. She’s really, truly vile.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I think she does care about what people think about her, which is why we upset her so much, and why she can't just ignore criticism. She wants to have it all, she needs the adulation more than anything and wants to shut down any dissenting voices. She just does not get that she's not entitled to it, along with the riches she so evidently craves.
I think she cares about this, in the sense that her grift might be blown and that the house of cards might collapse.. But care as in experiencing guilt, or wishing to change, she evidently does not give a flying duck.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Her primary issue with Tattle has always been that we archive the fullness of her life on social media, whereas she prefers the edited highlights.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Cheers, pal, now all I’ve got to do is siphon back all me money from my other other account. Fools!

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.