Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't she tweet about having 2% of the price of some hugely expensive house not long ago? šŸ¤”
Yes! To Irvine Welsh! It starts here -

• Heart
Reactions: 33
She got money for the People article and the Observer article IF NOTHING ELSE.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Thatā€™s not exactly proof - where did the 30k deposit you told Irvine Welsh you had go?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
She'll be paid for the writing eventually but Guardian rates aren't that good. But she will be paid.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Iā€™m not feeling too well today as the chef at the restaurant I was in appears to have Been using the hygiene levels of Jack in the chicken video. I have to say this chaos is just unfolding at the right pace for me in real time. Lovely stuff. Thanks Jack šŸ‘‹

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Which account did the spoons come out of then?
An even worse idea, the one she is trying desperately to present, is that she was down to her last 139 quid and decided that 105 of it should go on some manky, old spoons...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
She'll be paid for the writing eventually but Guardian rates aren't that good. But she will be paid.
They're not good for the people without large followings or who aren't known names. I imagine there's other levels which Jack will have unlocked though.

Reactions: 26
off topic maybe, but any news on the nutritionist degree that she is apparently doing?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
They're not good for the people without large followings or who are known names. I imagine there's other levels which Jack will have unlocked though.
Could there be a FOI to guardian? After all it would help track the real price of inflation by showing the working out of just how much she makes for exactly the same article each time. The POV story is more of a like for like comparison than those bags of rice

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Yo Jack, wanna save money, here's some tips:
- Sell a sideboard or three.
- Move to a more suitable property. Some people manage in - shock, horror - properties with 2 or fewer bedrooms, and without sheds, garages and separate dining rooms.
- Buy the cheap ranges you bang on about instead of Fairy and Del Monte.
- If your local Asda is so expensive, get the bus to Lidl or Aldi or whatever, the bus fare will be cheaper than the soooo expensive goods. (Although I have a local Asda nearby and the prices seem totally fine, but then I don't live in a fancy area).
- Sell the top of the range iPhone and get a regular, affordable, smart phone.
- Wear those "black" clothes instead of splurging on new ones.
- Go to a local hairdresser instead of Toni and Guy
- Stop spending Ā£000s on posh squatty potties, manky old cutlery and swanky tins of fish.

Gah, she's such a twit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
If I had Ā£139 left, I wouldn't spend Ā£105 on spoons.

I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she wasn't explicitly pretending to be poor but that screenshot is something else!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 61
***LITERALLY*** COSPLAYING POOR WITH THAT BANK BALANCE SCREENSHOT!!! THE VERY THING WE'RE SAYING SHE'S DOING!!! SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCK I AM SO ANGRY!!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 102
So sheā€™s claiming to be down to Ā£50 (implying thatā€™s all she has) & that the observer/media havenā€™t paid her a penny over all this?
Please let a squiggle have a go at one of the media outlets that have featured her, let them counter it by saying yes she was paid & allow the squiggles to see the lies in action.
Itā€™s just insane that anyone believes someone with only Ā£50 would wank Ā£105 days ago on spoons šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.