Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Considering how viral it went she didn't hit the headlines, apparently she on the mirror but this website has went with a different page. 🤷

I don't remember but I am sure MR was all over the newspaper when he was campaigning.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
He was. Then again he didn't pull as 344% increase figure out of his hole, so people were probably more comfortable featuring what he had to say.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I didn’t watch GMB at the time either, the link to the interview is here (2:19 in total.) No mention of toothpaste but it does seem part of a slightly longer feature…

I’m sure she mentioned toothpaste in a different talking head though. I want to try find it 🤔
I did see that clip but not the full piece. So it was the same day as the Twitter screeshot but still before it.

Reactions: 22
I didn’t watch GMB at the time either, the link to the interview is here (2:19 in total.) No mention of toothpaste but it does seem part of a slightly longer feature…

I’m sure she mentioned toothpaste in a different talking head though. I want to try find it 🤔
It is in the full length GMB segment. She says at 7.32am Fri 21/01/22:
“I had a message last night from a gentleman who’d read my thread who said that he was going to bed having eaten a teaspoon of toothpaste in order to fool himself into thinking that he’d had a meal.”

Weird though that she would stop people from trying to help him further.

Also lol I didn’t realise GMB gave her figs quite the tarting up. So you can literally just say anything and as long as it gets millions of tweets they will put it on breakfast tv the next day as word art? Incredible!

5467523B-41F0-4C91-AEEE-FC64E4D18E09.jpeg

ETA: @Marmalade Atkins I screen recorded the entire piece if you want it, nothing of note imo.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
The thing is say she does do this index. It will need to be actually correct and not just based on her local Asda one Friday when the stock is low.
What she going to do with it. Complain tinned tomatoes have gone up 17% and…..

Is she wanting the supermarkets to randomly drop the cost of products that she has decided are appropriate for the poors (no lamb for you).
and then the supermarkets stop making money, close stores or let staff go. Who is the winner in this genius plan.

all because she can’t be arsed to go to a different shop.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
The thing is say she does do this index. It will need to be actually correct and not just based on her local Asda one Friday when the stock is low.
What she going to do with it. Complain tinned tomatoes have gone up 17% and…..

Is she wanting the supermarkets to randomly drop the cost of products that she has decided are appropriate for the poors (no lamb for you).
and then the supermarkets stop making money, close stores or let staff go. Who is the winner in this genius plan.

Surely you mean cba to get a proper job

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Marcus Rashford is pure class. He’s so genuine and clearly focused on other people, not boosting his own profile. He actually amplifies other peoples voices, and doesn’t claim to be the maverick expert of all things poverty, cooking and *checks notes* economics. He’s not interested in shouting scare figures to get a front page. AND he does all this actual activism while having a job and other responsibilities. No humble bragging about not sleeping etc.

Sorry if it sounds like fawning but my respect for him is through the roof. It’s interesting how he is the opposite of Jack in every way and actually gets things done. Still waiting for the squigs to notice that the Twitter screeds aren’t really achieving anything.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
She’s BUSY!

Busy being puffed up by her own self-importance.

Wonder how much she got paid for the various interviews. 🤔
Giving away the proceeds, surely?

Or a statement encouraging people to give to food banks, at the very least.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Do none of these people have friends?

I get it's embarrassing having no money but if people are you're real friends they won't care. If any of my mates came to me for anything I and I could sort it I would and wouldn't question it or mention it.

I also think that reading her piece of people are literally starving goes deeper than just the price it beans, has civilisation became so selfish?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Will we ever find out how to make broccoli pasta for breakfast? :ROFLMAO:

(Show the receipts, show the receipts, show the receipts, show the receipts)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Today would be a good day for the supermarkets to come out and say she's talking pish, and direct people to their cheapest pasta etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Will we ever find out how to make broccoli pasta for breakfast? :ROFLMAO:

(Show the receipts, show the receipts, show the receipts, show the receipts)
It shows what utter Dickensian drivel she spouts. How would someone who moved home eleventysix times, lived rough etc etc, sold their child’s toys et al manage to lug bleeping Asda receipts about the south east?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I’ve just woken up and checked Twitter (obviously!) and she’s trending! So many people are talking about this maybe more people will start to notice she’s not as she seems? (Cleans round the place in anticipation of newbie tattlers joining us on the dark side!)

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.