Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the lowest donation tier of patreon, Kofi, and PayPal should be part of her new index.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
She’s made it on to the spotted page of my city on Facebook. Getting all the what a wonderful woman comments, which I find a bit rich considering how the local council were considering putting the anti homeless spikes on benches and people who comment on said page were supporting them in doing so. I despair sometimes I really do.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
But she doesn’t live near Sainsburys so can’t include their stuff unless it suits her massive % increase narrative.
A shop that stocks anything considered mildly good value won’t be included in her price index thingy.

It will be based on Harvey Nicks and Fortnums.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Sorry if this has been done and I've missed it. (I'm obviously doing 20hr days putting my draining board research together, at a granular level, getting other draining board and dish washing ergonomic experts together in my dedicated group chat, to explain I know more about this than them).
Sixty bastard quid on a squatty potty????????!!!!!!! WTAF
That's exorbitant. Just turn the waste basket over and use that.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
quoting myself like a ninny but actually it was really horrid and I got myself almost tearful like kids do when they can’t express themselves properly and made worse by the fact that I do generally agree about how awful it is for people in need. Normally Mr F is a bit further to the right than me so it feels all wrong. I’m furious that I’ve let her get to me like this. I stepped away but I came back because I love and miss you fab lot but I’m going again. I know, not an airport.

can someone please summon me when we’re back to slop?
We had a lovely day walking and all was forgotten and then got back and Mr F made a 100% vegan curry even though he’s not vegan and when he served the rice, because I am an absolute witch who can’t let things go, I said ‘but how can you afford this with a 349% inflation, we could have just got a Charlie Bighams?’

Fortunately Mr F is lovely and he loves me because if I was him I would have punched me. He just grinned.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I'm trying not to laugh at someone using words like visceral and rage whilst she's dressed as Mary bleeping Poppins. We are not a cod fish, Michael.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Everything about that article is indicative of her ‘activism’. Rant, rant, ME, rant. What’s her actual solution to the supposed price rises, then? Maybe sacking some staff at Asda so they can put stock cubes down a couple of pence? Cutting some of the food lines and putting some farmers out business? What. Is. The. Answer?

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.