Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you to whoever posted the you tube video of the guy doing price comparison on basic foodstuffs. That was lightyears away from the kind of crap she comes up with. Proper comparisons, range of shops, good explanation of what he bought and why. And amazingly it seems that prices on the basics haven't gone up in the last year which was my gut feeling. I do my main shop at Tesco's and while I am super lucky in that I am not cash-strapped, like most people I do have to keep any eye on my food bills and find tescos pretty good on the whole.

I wish a supermarket would challenge her on some of this crap - I just don't see them reducing basics ranges - like everyone has said, they have been re- branded.

Another thing that gets my goat is the way people think she is some kind of cooking-on-a-budget maestro. She's so crap at this - there are SO many people out there doing it better and for longer than her. Meal plans, shopping lists, great family friendly recipes. Why oh why does she get a platform to spout this crap?

Sorry fraus, probably has all been said better before but I feel better now. Thank(space)you for all the fabulous jokes, gifs, collages - this place is the only good thing about being subjected to Jack's utter b*llocks

• Heart
Reactions: 59

ETA- this article is probably the biggest pile of s*** I have read in the last 10 years. Jack, since you have single-handedly been part of (see, I can use terms incorrectly too 😉) bringing my beloved Guardian to its knees, I will never ever forgive you.
The Guardian started going downhill long ago; this is as much their doing as hers.

Note: LBC post on their Instagram *all* the time; they haven’t posted Jack’s slot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Toothpaste man doesn't exist does he.

And stop saying forensic Jack. It doesn't mean accurate/extensive/precise, it's a specific term in relation to investigation of crime. Like forensic accountants for example.

Insert Princess Bride quote here...

• Haha
Reactions: 57
It’s always fascinating to see her in action, a real Walter Mitty. It’s like watching someone you know fall in love with a 21 year old Bar Man in Turkey, utterly see-through and manipulative but nothing you can do to convince them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Long time lurker, but without wanting to 🔺 myself, I work on commissioned government research projects… she has no idea what the difference is between commissioned research and consultations. Government do hundreds of consultations a year where they gather info, a lot of which are open to the public so literally any Tom, Jack or Harry could take part. She has no research background, no statistical background… why the hell would she be funded and commissioned to do research??
Ha, it used to be Mr Terrible’s job to commission government reports - I once asked him if they’d commission a cookbook writer with three and a half O levels. He looked at me like I were a bit simple.
Anyone remember that report she reckons she was part of, that strangely had her name omitted?

I’m looking forward to this report. It’ll be out of date (if it ever was in) the very minute it’s finished.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
It’s always fascinating to see her in action, a real Walter Mitty. It’s like watching someone you know fall in love with a 21 year old Bar Man in Turkey, utterly see-through and manipulative but nothing you can do to convince them.
YES!! The lady who does my nails has left her husband for a 20yr old Tunisian waiter. She’s just paid for his visa so he can come over here and I’m sitting like 💅🏼 🙄

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
The Guardian started going downhill long ago; this is as much their doing as hers.

Note: LBC post on their Instagram *all* the time; they haven’t posted Jack’s slot.
Approximately 10 years ago …. When she started writing for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.