Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jordishaw

Chatty Member
I know Rhianna Pratchett has retweeted her, but isn't she going to hit some serious legal problems with the Pratchett estate if she continues to call it the Vimes Boots Index?
Considering that the Pratchett estate went in hard on small independent yarn companies using Discworld colour names (while donating a percentage to Alzheimer's charities) I sincerely hope it will do the same to Jack

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Exciting news - her index might have illustrations! Also I can't believe I missed at the time that she says it's "going to take the weekend to pull together" lol.

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 16.28.30.png

• Haha
  • Wow

Clarends

Chatty Member
So - is Tattle the only place online where honest criticism of St Jack is allowed?

I'm going out. To Lidl because I don't think they sell papers and I can avoid her smug face.

• Haha
  • Heart

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
"She works every day to help people in poverty" is such a fucking insane statement that I can't quite decide whether to laugh or scream into a cushion.

Before this current shitshow, her last bit of "campaigning" was the FSM scandal, which was what...a year ago? And since then all she's done is sit on her arse, play with eyeshadow, tweet pictures of her cat and spend months in "treatment" which has clearly been about as effective as a chocolate fireguard.

And yet despite this, in the complete absence of any evidence to the contrary, her fans continue to promote the idea that she's working every hour God sends to eradicate poverty? That she'd never, ever ask people for money, and even if she did, well, she's got to live!

To steal a phrase that stuck in my mind from an earlier thread (sorry, can't recall who said it) - the emperor isn't just wearing no clothes, he's parading around cockslapping all and sundry.

• Heart
  • Haha

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
If I had £139 left, I wouldn't spend £105 on spoons.

I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she wasn't explicitly pretending to be poor but that screenshot is something else!!!!

• Heart
How is she a cost of living campaigner? Beyond crowd funding to fund her cost of living what does she actually do?!

Will be interesting to see how the grown ups reply to this ridiculous headline/story. It’s just not true.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

MancBee

VIP Member
Jack has no idea what she has taken on, does she? She can't even commit to two weeks of TV without days off sick.

• Haha

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
We've still got those Asda food photos to look forward to. I hope she chucks in a few random spoons so I can mark them off on the map.
God, I am so excited.

• Haha
  • Heart
She's written for the Graun... sorry if it's already been posted
The Guardian: We’re pricing the poor out of food in the UK – that’s why I’m launching my own price index.
Suffering fuck, what a pile of shite. So stock cubes have gone up in price over the last decade along with everything else (Aldi stock cubes 35p btw). The bigger issue is why have wages not gone up. If we want to pay farmers a fair price then food must go up but then so must wages and benefits. All she has done is repeat herself over and over. She is not going anywhere, she writes. Clinging on to her 5 seconds of fane abd those precious patrons more like.

• Heart
  • Sick

MancBee

VIP Member
I'm local to MustardTree in Manchester and I will be furious is she comes here. They work with people who range from poor to absolutely destitute and those people have enough struggles in life without being used as poverty props for Jack's endless self promotion.
I have volunteered at Mustard Tree in the past. I cannot see what a visit from her would achieve. Do they somehow think she will raise awareness, because they will be sorely disappointed. The only awareness Jack wants to raise, is that of Jack Monroe, saviour of the povs.

• Heart
  • Sad

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
I dunno guys, I think at this point if it came to mass attention about her unpaid taxes, the idiot squigs would have a go fund her set up and donations rolling in within seconds.

• Sad
  • Sick

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
Yes Jack, poor people will suffer because of higher food prices. But cheaper food is not the answer, higher wages and more affordable utilities and housing is.

I’d love someone to reply, when she tweets that Lidl is too far for her ‘it’s not all about you’. How she’s got a national platform when she doesn’t know what she’s talking about is ridiculous, where are the fact checkers?

• Heart

ecdb

It’s always fascinating to see her in action, a real Walter Mitty. It’s like watching someone you know fall in love with a 21 year old Bar Man in Turkey, utterly see-through and manipulative but nothing you can do to convince them.
YES!! The lady who does my nails has left her husband for a 20yr old Tunisian waiter. She’s just paid for his visa so he can come over here and I’m sitting like 💅🏼 🙄

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha