Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

colouredlines

VIP Member
Ahhhh the crash is starting!!

In December - January we've seen high-end makeup, an expensive haircut (that frankly she should sue Tony & Guy for), a grotty cutlery rampage, and now she's poor again?!

Keep it up Jack, this is gold.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

freya

I am apoplectic. I won’t keep up very often because I work and have a couple of SBs but she really has outdone herself this time. She needs to be cancelled.

• Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
The higher she rises, the harder she’ll fall.
<said to the background of ominous string music>

• Heart
  • Haha

Legionnairess

Chatty Member
I did a Tesco shop this morning for research and all the Stockwell there new value range was there and all within a reasonable price range. Also interesting thing I noticed was the jacket potatoes the pack of 4 when I was a student were 50p, not they are 39p.

The biggest issue I find is energy prices and or rent are eating up everyone's money. Shopping has increased but not as much as she claims.
But they don’t shop at Tesco so your pricing is meaningless and is not comparable at all.

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
She's written for the Graun... sorry if it's already been posted
The Guardian: We’re pricing the poor out of food in the UK – that’s why I’m launching my own price index.
Hope none of you lot are sending £3 a month to these beggy twats either

• Haha
  • Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
She looks like hell.
I am actually worried for her health right now.

Why do they always pic such awful pics of her. Honestly it's like bullying
I would say it’s less the newspapers bullying her and her wanting to look as close to the breadline as possible for her front page People extravaganza.

‘Poor Will Starve to Death!’ is a lot less palatable coming from heavily filtered opal fruits eye make up Jack in her Burberry scarf and leather jacket.

• Heart
  • Sad

meowquiz

Not grunked yet sorry if this lands in a an odd place.
My husband watches a guy called Atomic Shrimp on YouTube. His latest video on supermarket prices could be interesting. I haven’t watched it fully yet but skimmed forward to 6 minutes where he has put prices in a spreadsheet. I noticed those 22p Asda beans that apparently don’t exist anymore are there…

I really like Mike and was thinking of sharing this here too. He specifically makes time to mention that his experience proves nothing due to the fact it's limited by out of stock products and the limit of the supermarkets in his area - which is exactly the kind of insight Jack lacks in her crowing on twitter. But Comparing a dozen supermarkets is a lot more thorough and was really interesting to watch.

His limited budget food challenges - where he also makes specific mention that they are *not* to show that living on a budget is easy, rather that it's quite hard - are also really interesting and creative. The food he manages to come up with for, say £1 for a day or £2 per 2 days, focusing on variety, taste, and adequate portion/nutrition often look really good.

Also, despite making and tasting a lot of vegan food, admits he's just a curious omnivore. No 90% vegan bs. Bit of a tangent, but it quite starkly contrasts many qualities Jack should have but lacks.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

MooBelle

VIP Member
It might have already been mentioned in one of the other 200 threads but Jack reminds me, especially with the riot comment of Camila Batmengelidh who ran kids company. A history of lying including from disabilities to childhood to secret work without their name attached. Being the only person with the solution, wildly overstating their impact and asking for money for projects which don't seem to have the promised outcomes. Kids Co and Batmangeligh were also loved by people who wanted to show how much they cared without actually getting their hands dirty or looking too closely at what was being done but wanting to be seen as doing the right thing. Both making wild claims of riots and deaths if they don't get their money.
Kids Company did actually exist however despite dreadful management. Other people benefited from money, whereas Jack's projects are entirely meretricious. (Go Jackie, we know you love a big word. Use that one to describe the Price Index!)
I've mentioned on the early days of these threads that I've had the misfortune of meeting Camilla Batmangelidgh many times.
She is vile. Her sycophantic staff were like a cult. She would literally sit and hold court in meetings, sometimes actually sitting at her feet and gazing up at her. Yes really. It was horrible.
The actual volunteers who ran the 'charity' were so keen to help and tbf it was a really worthwhile cause but the whole thing was a glory festival for their goddess Camilla.
Jack is 100% the same. The same sick smug grin when getting that Narc supply.

• Wow
  • Sad

anon12300

And you took a lot of convincing in the beginning!
I remember 😳😳

I started to change my mind when I read about the Kickstarter. Then I saw that she hasn't posted anything to the Patreon since 2020. I started to see trends - her promising things and not fulfilling them.

I have ADHD and I have a history of starting projects I never finish so I felt for her... but I'm always embarrassed and apologetic when that happens if I've promised anything to anyone. She gaslights people, lies, and takes people's money who are struggling themselves when she's had tens of thousands over the last few years. I should be so lucky to be so poor! Sorry for the rant 🙈

• Heart

Flash123

VIP Member
The day that HMRC go for her unpaid taxes publically will be the day I will probably have to leave tattle as I won’t be able to help crossing over to laugh! Hopefully I get to stay a little longer but am really wondering how she is planning to monetise this current index….. there’s obviously a grift opportunity or she wouldn’t have stuck it for more than a day

• Heart
  • Haha

Itchy of Itchington

I've caught up. My actual small boy required me to do parenting and make him breakfast this morning as well as make him dinner and put him to bed last night

I keep coming back to the question of "what does this do, what will it achieve?" of her working group. The ONS work and the reporting by the Food Foundation is about as thorough as it can be to reflect a national picture. Jack's exhausting exhaustive receipt collection is just busy work. The only outcome is Jack feels important. I'm local to MustardTree in Manchester and I will be furious is she comes here. They work with people who range from poor to absolutely destitute and those people have enough struggles in life without being used as poverty props for Jack's endless self promotion.

• Heart

FlowerOfTheEast

VIP Member
I've already got a feeling that the #VBPI is going to do very well on Sloppies night, regardless of whether it ever gets beyond a brain fart and a hashtag.

• Haha
  • Heart

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
Seeing as she can post a screenshot of her bank account to prove how poor she is (before tweeting an hour later that she’s not in poverty) I’d like to see the screenshots of these donations being made to Trussell Trust too. Just, y’know, for the sake of transparency. I know you read here Jack, so I expect in 6-8 weeks when your invoice clears that you’ll be posting them. Tick tock.

• Heart