Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanie

VIP Member
I did a Tesco shop this morning for research and all the Stockwell there new value range was there and all within a reasonable price range. Also interesting thing I noticed was the jacket potatoes the pack of 4 when I was a student were 50p, not they are 39p.

The biggest issue I find is energy prices and or rent are eating up everyone's money. Shopping has increased but not as much as she claims.

🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺 I was a student ten years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Cheers, pal, now all I’ve got to do is siphon back all me money from my other other account. Fools!

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
It would be great if Jack fell into the mainly harmless rabbit hole of investigating the increase in the cost of Freddo's over the years-
The freddo index has already been done

freddo_indx.png

Jack could just about be up to tracking the price of basic rice and pasta. Especially as it's not gone up in the last year.

Maybe she could back up her conspiracy theory about prices being put up by the supermarket every single day by pennies to screw people. Her source seemed to be that she once worked in a supermarket and had a pricing gun 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

HansThatDoDishes

Chatty Member
Yo Jack, wanna save money, here's some tips:
- Sell a sideboard or three.
- Move to a more suitable property. Some people manage in - shock, horror - properties with 2 or fewer bedrooms, and without sheds, garages and separate dining rooms.
- Buy the cheap ranges you bang on about instead of Fairy and Del Monte.
- If your local Asda is so expensive, get the bus to Lidl or Aldi or whatever, the bus fare will be cheaper than the soooo expensive goods. (Although I have a local Asda nearby and the prices seem totally fine, but then I don't live in a fancy area).
- Sell the top of the range iPhone and get a regular, affordable, smart phone.
- Wear those "black" clothes instead of splurging on new ones.
- Go to a local hairdresser instead of Toni and Guy
- Stop spending £000s on posh squatty potties, manky old cutlery and swanky tins of fish.

Gah, she's such a twat.

• Heart
  • Haha

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
It speaks monumental volumes that previous employers/colleagues of Jack have neither liked nor supported any of her narc nightmare.

Tom Kerridge & Marcus keeping tight lipped is especially telling.

• Heart

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Sir Matt of Forearms isn't on Saturday Kitchen this morning as he's just been in hospital having his appendix out!

Saw this tweet 😬

View attachment 1006889
How though? She never does what most people would regard as a 'normal' shop. Her £20 shops were always a weird assortment of things that you couldn't really make meals of. She's always putting together strange combinations, that even if put together by an actual chef, would probably still be gross. Her portion sizes are way off. Slow cooking everything just doesn't appeal to a lot of people either. The whole lockdown larder thing was mostly her just saying bung it in a curry, no links to actual recipes or anything

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

SlopAmbsase

Chatty Member
Catching up after my own personal chaos - yesterday ended up with me looking after my mum who had a wine induced panic attack and then Mr Slop locking himself out of our hotel room and wondering around naked and confused. The recent extreme Jackism had already made the world feel off kilter and the atmospheric chaos has been building!

Just wanted to send some love to all fellow Fraus who have been made to feel crazy, frustrated and upset over the last few days. I love these threads because you are all so clever and sensitive and insightful. We are right to feel outraged by her grifting and opportunism. Also, we love facts and we have them. JM just has sideboards and lies.

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
She's written for the Graun... sorry if it's already been posted
The Guardian: We’re pricing the poor out of food in the UK – that’s why I’m launching my own price index.

ETA- this article is probably the biggest pile of s*** I have read in the last 10 years. Jack, since you have single-handedly been part of (see, I can use terms incorrectly too 😉) bringing my beloved Guardian to its knees, I will never ever forgive you.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Elthi86

I would say that the Vimes thing doesn't work for rice, specifically, because in lower income, diverse areas like mine, the Asda sells the huge bags of rice because that's what the local people want and budget for. Its not generally rich (white) people buying 5kg bags of rice.

• Heart

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
So I searched her Twitter to see if she does this food price comparison exercise every year as she claims (sPoiLeR aLeRt! She hasn't.) It turned out a lot longer and more boring that I intended but I, unlike Jack, believe in showing my work so I am posting the evidence anyway. I apologise for length.

- Account: @BootstrapCook / Date Range: 5 years (unnecessary lol, there is so few tweets with these words I actually thought my Twitter was broken.) -

Word: INFLATION
April 30, 2021: “light-hearted tweet about inflation” (fruit salad thread)

Jan 16, 2021: price comparison tweet found! 2 pictures of garlic. Interestingly another accusation of ASDA price gouging…careful now, they have lawyers too.

Word: RISING
Nothing in relation. Ironically comes up in a bean dad thread with Jack replying in agreement to someone saying “feeding your child is not content” LOL.

Word: COST/S
Feb 13, 2021: piece in House Magazine. MACRO PHILANTHROPY ALERT! (What does this phrase even mean?!) Atrociously exaggerated naval gazing, 80% banging on about her pov but with added inexplicable pop at Sir Mo Farah. Calls herself unlucky rather than workshy and I lolled.

Jan 16, 2021: dead link to a piece on her website, think it’s potatoes.

Sep 25, 2021: used in reference to removal of £20 UC. Maize snacks. Picture of what £20 can buy but no comparison to what it could buy the year before….

Feb 26, 2021: “the total costs of all my tattoos combined is cheaper than a Mulberry handbang – got one of those with my first book royalties” HAHA she actually bought something for herself! A Mulberry bag is approx. £1000+. Wow she later on claims SB doodled on it and thats why she can't post a pic of it…

Word: PRICES

I’m very bored at this point. Lots of hits but no food price comparison tweets.
You won't find much via Twitter searches because she deletes her entire history regularly. Last time was December 2020. From thousands to zero.

• Haha
  • Heart

Flash123

VIP Member
The biggest insult recently when she donated (in her name) the leftover prunes from del Monte. A complete niche food when she could have bought a load of unrinsed tins of beans that are actually versatile for people instead of spunking her money on spoons she doesn’t need and massive christmas trees. And yes, people are allowed to have nice things Jack but when you haven’t paid your taxes it is majorly hypocritical

• Heart
  • Sad

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
The writer of a piece doesn't choose the headline, but her retweeting it implies she endorses it. Gross.
Exactly. And why couldn’t she have said to that squig, “I didn’t write the headline, but that’s a good point”.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
It speaks monumental volumes that previous employers/colleagues of Jack have neither liked nor supported any of her narc nightmare.

Tom Kerridge & Marcus keeping tight lipped is especially telling.
Marcus never bites despite her fishing so hard so often. Odd there is literally no response from him ever considering they have worked together so often 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart

holliebollie

Chatty Member
I have a radical idea. How about moving out of that huge bungalouse and find a 2 bed place in the same area?

I split with my ex and moved out of the 3 bed rental. I found a 2 bed flat within my budget as a parent to two. Did I love it? No. Could I afford it? Yes, just about. Anywhere more expensive would have been impossible.

She’s in that house because she can clearly afford it with money to spare yet claims she is one of ‘the poor’. Rightmove is your friend Jack, lots of 2 beds and you’ll have loads left over for 45p bags of rice. Twerp.

• Heart
  • Sad

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Just to be clear, I wasn’t dissing Jack’s tattoos, just how she morphs into different people for different audiences.
Absolutely she does. Reckon the whole weekend with no sleep helps a lot in terms of creating that whole ‘hardworking mum who’s just looking out for her fellow poors’ aesthetic.
No sign of any eye make-up artistry or expensive suits for this particular piece.

• Heart
  • Sad