Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
How much was the sideboard in the background?
🎶 the one with the waggly tail 🎶 😂😂
Loving the subtle wee William Morris and Emma Bridgewater items in the background along with the apothecary cabinet from Ye Olde Wayfair.
She’s such a posing bastard

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Also let’s play this forward - I’m not sure if I’ve turned dumb reading her shit or if this makes any sense so pls correct me -

If her index continues to cite that the basics have gone up 334% across the board from food to rents to utilities, surely this means she has to advocate for a 334% increase to minimum wage / all wages really? So just using the example from this gov site (can’t embed link neatly annoyingly sorry but source: https://www.gov.uk/minimum-wage-different-types-work/paid-an-annual-salary) of someone on min wage earning £1,421 pcm - this now needs to be £6,167 to buy the same basket of goods/lifestyle they could *last year*?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

Legionnairess

Chatty Member
There’s a squig, not on a JM thread on twitter that’s dared to question the toothpaste take. She’s holding her own but she’s been rounded on by the FMs. All she said was toothpaste is generally more expensive than some basic food and that if said gent was savvy enough to use twitter to contact JM then he could have found help.

• Haha
  • Heart

Elthi86

Well, that headline would have terrified me as a child. You're a terrible person, Jack. Glad the comedown will be soon tbh.

• Sad
  • Heart

hollowhusk

I actually think this fantasy index is dangerous, especially since she will be banging on about those £20 shops again. It will simply reinforce the thoughts in people's minds that people on low incomes (who I am not going to refer to as the poor) should be able to feed 3 people on that joyless basket of food. Why would we need to raise benefits or wages when people can eat some kale and yellow sticker chicken wings? Families should be able to feed themselves decent quality food that actually tastes good. It's such a worthy idea people should be eating chickpea curry when almost every child would rather have a plate of chicken nuggets or some pizza and a roast chicken on a Sunday.

Remember the food she used to claim to give sb for packed lunch? Cheap white bread sandwiches with cheese spread and grated carrot served with some smart price maize snacks, does anyone have the receipts for that?

I bought some lamb from Asda yesterday which obviously makes me part of the aristocracy. In reality that £3.50 pack of lamb will make 4 portions of tagine. I also bought biscuits, coffee and other decent food. The prices are going up (my 4 pints of milk had gone up from £1.10 to £1.15) but it is not 300%.

When I worked at CAB there was something known as a trigger figure when working out debt repayment plans. When someone had debts it would allow you a figure for food as an essential spend before they calculated any surplus to be paid to creditors, unfortunately, these figures are only viewable if you have a license but I seem to remember years ago it was £35 for an adult and child.

There are organisations that already calculate the effect of prices on people who are struggling. After every client comes into CAB the advisor fills in a stats form. It tells them what the issue is i.e. debt, delayed benefits, food bank voucher, found fit to work when disabled etc. They then put together yearly reports. The child poverty action group have been around for 50 years and also produce excellent materials and campaigns around poverty.

The people headline about the poor starving to death was also highly irresponsible.

Anyway, I have created the grifter index. Let's calculate the cost of the following essentials and hope the tip jar rattling can keep up with demand.

Ouchy mouth pringles.
Sherbet dib dabs.
Sardines (extra special).
Eggs (from the greengrocer).
Milk (from milk and more)
Sideboards (Cotswold).
Cat food (gourmet perl).
Bottled lemon juice.
Pot noodles.
Haircuts at Toni and Guys.
63 different eyeshadow palletes.

Does anyone have anything to add to that list?

• Heart
  • Haha

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Her twitter likes column shows just how deluded she is. This is one of many but she really thinks she's doing something here, eh?

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 09.29.19.png

• Sick
  • Haha

anon12300

Remember that not once did she like or comment on Marcus and Tom’s weekly Instagram recipes for Full Time Meals.

Nada, zilch, nothing, radio silence, no AMPLIFICATION there Ninnies. Probably because she wasn’t involved (and no money in it for her)
She doesn't amplify anyone else's anything. I think this is why there hasn't been a RT or any kind of endorsement for RSM's book despite their 'friendship'. She doesn't RT other food writers or chefs even. It's all me me me. Total narcissist.

• Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Today would be a good day for the supermarkets to come out and say she's talking pish, and direct people to their cheapest pasta etc.

• Heart

Toffee finger

VIP Member
Not grunked yet sorry if this lands in a an odd place.
My husband watches a guy called Atomic Shrimp on YouTube. His latest video on supermarket prices could be interesting. I haven’t watched it fully yet but skimmed forward to 6 minutes where he has put prices in a spreadsheet. I noticed those 22p Asda beans that apparently don’t exist anymore are there…

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
Mark my words, she’d replicate the snideyness she deserves for Jamie Oliver with Rashford if she knew she wouldn’t get ripped to shreds for it.

It’s not trendy but I really like JO. Jamie’s recipes work and can be pulled together on a tight budget. He’s also influenced change at the highest level (I was in secondary school when he launched his healthy eating campaign and the chips, soft drinks and vending machines disappeared from my school over night).

• Heart

Bugger13

VIP Member
So she’s claiming to be down to £50 (implying that’s all she has) & that the observer/media haven’t paid her a penny over all this?
Please let a squiggle have a go at one of the media outlets that have featured her, let them counter it by saying yes she was paid & allow the squiggles to see the lies in action.
It’s just insane that anyone believes someone with only £50 would wank £105 days ago on spoons 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 53