Jack Monroe #243 She isn't poor, she chooses not to work

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her constant mentioning of champagne is more baiting to misrepresent and start class wars.

Jackolites are demanding champagne is removed from the list because it's not an essential. Linda from Bedford the index isn't supposed to represent your normal weekly shop!

CPI I think has lots of flaws, but if people want champagne to not appear in the index then people have to stop buying it. The biggest joke is that Linda probably buys a few bottles a year herself 😆
Yeah, I mean of course champagne is a luxury but also... it's not a private jet. Ordinary people do buy it on occasion, for weddings etc. Not a weekly essential but no-one except JM thinks that's what the CPI is about.

Reactions: 45
This squig gets it (same squig both comments). Will be interesting to see likes/responses pan out.
Same squig.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88
I think the food media world has traditionally been white and extremely middle to upper-middle class. It is becoming more diverse but even now, Black, Brown and E&SE Asian middle-class (often privately-educated) people are more likely to 'come through the ranks'. I hope it continues to evolve and support economically and class-marginalised people (and especially those of colour). Maybe that's why there's been so little criticism of Jack because she's seen as some kind of totem by media people too aware of their privilege?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
She'll never be well, and it's not the addictions that are the main problem imo, they're more a symptom of the *real* problem which is her unrelenting narcissism.

My mum has just informed me that packs of rice that were 45p are now a £1 etc etc. She watched GMB 😑. My mum has just had a brief lesson in the ways and lies of Jack Monroe 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I'd have more respect for Jack if she said that the CPI is a measure of inflation but we also need a measure of food insecurity to put the focus on the most vulnerable - a measure that's robust and vigorous and well resourced. She could use examples to show why that's necessary (credible ones!) without acting like she knows better than a team of trained statisticians and economists.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
I'd have more respect for Jack if she said that the CPI is a measure of inflation but we also need a measure of food insecurity to put the focus on the most vulnerable - a measure that's robust and vigorous and well resourced. She could use examples to show why that's necessary (credible ones!) without acting like she knows better than a team of trained statisticians and economists.
Fully expect her to repeat your excellent point as her own today.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Also is it wise for someone in recovery to be doing something like this. It's seems a bit much! I don't know shouldn't she chill out until she's properly well?
Do we really think that she is in recovery anymore?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Bore da to all the Welsh ninnies. Here's a Welsh insult our non-Welsh speaking cabal might appreciate, being such fans of the smol pixie...
Fel rhech mewn pot jam...
....translated roughly as 'like a fart in a jam jar' aka useless.
😁
Bendigedig 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yeah, I mean of course champagne is a luxury but also... it's not a private jet. Ordinary people do buy it on occasion, for weddings etc. Not a weekly essential but no-one except JM thinks that's what the CPI is about.
She makes no sense as it isn’t like rich people buy tv’s every day either. And the obsession about lamb has led to me googling lamb consumption in the UK and it looks like loads.

the worst is that I agree with her general message but how she is going about it is just wrong

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Me again. It's astonishing, isn't it, how she can sit on her arse for literally months on end, fail to deliver on every single promise made in that time, then do one day of "work" (tweeting and endlessly retweeting a factually inaccurate thread heavily skewed, as ever, by her own experiences) and have an army of squigs tongue-bathing her, campaigning for her to get an MBE and hurling abuse at anyone who dares to raise an objection to her sustained and very public grifting.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Hahaha. Sorry for bringing this to the thread 😅😅😅 won't mention the outdoor barbecue area so. Just to be clear, they aren't rich at all, they've worked all their lives and now have a not flashy at all but multiple guest friendly home with some land. The kitchen downstairs is super basic and mainly used for storing stuff in winter (they have a larder because they make their own wine and grow their own veg and fruit) but hey ho, all you need is antipasti, veg, fruit and cheese when you aren't performative grifters trying to free load.
I think it's marvellous, good on them

Reactions: 19
I’m loving the squigs that are finding the light, but we’ve always said this the more in the limelight she is, the most criticism she will get. How she handles it will be a sight to behold!

I’ve just told my 85 year old Nana about Jack and why she’s on telly, her response ‘why isn’t anyone fact checking her?’ One of us. Then her next comment was ‘is she drunk?’ When on tv this morning. I love her.

I had my car stolen from outside my home in the space of parking it up an hour earlier last night, so I’m fuming. Especially as the bleep decided to gloat about it on Facebook. This thread is always making me realise that Jack doesn’t know what hardship is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.