Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, look at the ingredients on those 'high end dining for two' deals. Clever buying of seasonal ingredients, research into other cuisines, and using less expensive ingredients in a luxe manner can keep costs down. You see the same in hospitality menus.

Reactions: 37
Yep, because she’ll be wheeled out for talking head slots and maybe a cooking segment (god help them) and be quids in. She’s monetised austerity she’s sick sick sick
Ergh. Cue her breathless, panic stricken voice, hands on hips and manic grin 😩
I just can't watch her on screen. The thought of it is making me feel anxious

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Oh bog off, it's not all a conspiracy. M&S prices have been shooting up with some items having had a 25p or 50p increase twice in the last year. And the luxury range she keeps going on about has increased more than the essentials which many are the same price (sorry for the repetition of this).

Screenshot 2022-01-19 15.45.30.png

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
We like receipts, Jack likes receipts, the tax man likes receipts…EVERYONE LIKES RECEIPTS

<insert Oprah gif>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Why was she checking and using Twitter whilst at the greengrocer? Who does that?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
And this will be her downfall. You put yourself out there and the truth seekers will be ready and waiting for you. The more you’re exposed, the more ammunition. Front row seat here
It's horrible though, the easier it is to debunk this kind of thing (and Jack makes it *very* easy), the easier it is for the right wing rhetoric to take hold. I'm back to my position of a couple of years ago in that she's a tory plant, there to make the left wing look stupid.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.