Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s a sociopath, personal opinion, but I really think she is.
I think she’s ‘just’ a narcissist. I know that’s the armchair diagnosis du jour but I really think she is. My mother is a textbook covert/closet narc, all her children have the psychological scars to show for it and everything about Jack just raises the hairs on the back of my neck - the constant drama and lies, attention seeking, fantasy ailments and/or genuine illnesses turned up to eleven because a narcissist is always the most important person on the planet. Never accepting any blame or responsibility because if anything goes wrong it is ALWAYS someone else’s fault. The grifting, because other people are mere tools to be used,as long as the narc gets what they want. Even the compulsive shopping, while not exclusively a narcissist thing, is a fairly common trait. Oh and the dead shark eyes. Not even joking there either.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Miguel is on Sky News this morning. Just showed a clip of him cooking in a clean, airy and brightly lit kitchen. Totes profesh.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I think she’s ‘just’ a narcissist. I know that’s the armchair diagnosis du jour but I really think she is. My mother is a textbook covert/closet narc, all her children have the psychological scars to show for it and everything about Jack just raises the hairs on the back of my neck - the constant drama and lies, attention seeking, fantasy ailments and/or genuine illnesses turned up to eleven because a narcissist is always the most important person on the planet. Never accepting any blame or responsibility because if anything goes wrong it is ALWAYS someone else’s fault. The grifting, because other people are mere tools to be used,as long as the narc gets what they want. Even the compulsive shopping, while not exclusively a narcissist thing, is a fairly common trait. Oh and the dead shark eyes. Not even joking there either.
Having read this, I totally agree, and sorry that you’ve had to deal with all of that 💐

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This tweet has now been liked by the editor of the Observer Food Monthly 👀
This feels like progress, back in the day Observer Food Monthly had a very good article from North South food blog about food and poverty- I particularly remember the bit about not being able to afford to cook food children might not eat and choosing between heating the oven and washing school uniform when the electric meter is low.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Why is there a picture of Caroline Flack? Seems unrelated.
Can’t remember exactly but I think they mention influencers using CF’s name to shut people up questioning them and also use #bekind to cover up their bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Can’t remember exactly but I think they mention influencers using CF’s name to shut people up questioning them and also use #bekind to cover up their bullshit.
Ah I see - shouldn’t have been lazy and just read it. Jameela Jamil did that and piers Morgan (which 🥕 said liars ha) of all people called her out as he has messages from CF about JJ bullying online. It’s effed up the whole influencer sphere (even though I can feel myself influenced to purchase - I delete insta frequently)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Morning Cabal. What a grunk, awake early so up and having a cuppa with knitting to hand for some quiet "me" time. Never expected this long a catch-up so early. She is totally shameless on the begging front and it does look like she has gone one step too far. So, are we betting on what today with bring? Black clothes to match no light behind the eyes? Or, keep quiet and ignore it? Oh, how I wish someone would pitch an idea to somewhere in the media about exposing the grifting on all areas of social media. It is getting relentless.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Off to read the article...

Same Squig, doesn't look like a troll.
She’s a times journalist. Now writing click bait and sexist click bait at that - mens forums are never brought up and moderated in this way - indeed the cabal has men members, happily so.

ETA Alice Evans - victim? Read the threads, it’s a rollercoaster

• Haha
Reactions: 42
if you don’t want to give them the clicks
It mentions people on the Ashley Cain thread accusing him of stealing money raised for his late daughter’s foundation.

Well did he? Most accusations on this thread at least are made with evidence - did the journalist not think to look and see if it was libel or credible?

Reactions: 30
Just a quick heads-up that we can talk about the Mail article here https://tattle.life/threads/tattle-in-the-press.18451/page-36#post-8014327

In the meantime, yesterday I needed some Jack time out, I don't think she's been this brazen for ages, I thought we'd managed to put her off this nonsense a little bit but apparently not. It's going to be her downfall though. That and the taxes. Can't believe there was a mere 6 hours between these tweets.

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 08.12.53.png

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 08.13.04.png

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
She’s a times journalist. Now writing click bait and sexist click bait at that - mens forums are never brought up and moderated in this way - indeed the cabal has men members, happily so.

ETA Alice Evans - victim? Read the threads, it’s a rollercoaster
Love, love, love how there is no mention of Jack even though there is reference to Essex girls.

Just a quick heads-up that we can talk about the Mail article here https://tattle.life/threads/tattle-in-the-press.18451/page-36#post-8014327

In the meantime, yesterday I needed some Jack time out, I don't think she's been this brazen for ages, I thought we'd managed to put her off this nonsense a little bit but apparently not. It's going to be her downfall though. That and the taxes. Can't believe there was a mere 6 hours between these tweets.

View attachment 998850

View attachment 998849
Apologies. Posted as was chuckling at there being absolutely no mention of Jack.

Reactions: 23
Screenshot_20220119-092655_Twitter.jpg

Well, they're not wrong - "a bit big for one person" will never be a problem with Jack's food!

PS I read the Guardian article. There's no jargon (what would that even mean in a cooking context?). There are also no lengthy asides about arthritis, depression, or vendettas against Jamie Oliver. Words like "ephemera", "sloppy" and "oozing" do not appear. There is no cheerful use of the term "little tinkers" in an Irish recipe. Both pages do end with a vigorous rattle of the tip jar, though!

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.