Jack Monroe #24 Gets herself in a Twitter tizzy, book announced then deleted, she is busy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@GrunkaLunka liked a post of mine from yesterday! I feel seen!

Keep going Grunka, Jack may or may not have left Twitter so you may or may not be able to catch up.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Why flounce off Twitter to log back in the same evening to delete tweets then pretend nothing happened? Is it Fear Of Missing Out? If I told myself tomorrow to quit social media I could do it. Even the fact she needs engagement isn't really a barrier as so many celebs don't even run their business socials, they are run by admins, so she could still have a presence online.

Reactions: 10
@GrunkaLunka liked a post of mine from yesterday! I feel seen!

Keep going Grunka, Jack may or may not have left Twitter so you may or may not be able to catch up.
@GrunkaLunka just liked a post of mine from page 33 of the last thread. She's coming. Soon we'll be able to see her with the naked eye. I won't lie, I'm feeling pretty invested here. It's like that time I watched a marble race on YouTube and burst into tears when the blue marble won.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Grunka’s on yesterday evening.
We are at the precipice of a new dawn. This is beautiful.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
obligatory come on @GrunkaLunka gif

I’m still baffled at nobody staging any kind of intervention for Jack. Nobody should be spending 20 hours a day spewing their tit onto Twitter, especially as every other Tweet is about how awful the platform is for her. Nobody NEEDS to maintain that level of interaction. If she’s already got her contacts etc then Twitter will make very little difference, plus she’s got, what, an agent, a publicist, an assistant and the various collaborators will always promote and she can just retweet who she collaborates with.

I genuinely think that her Twitter addiction is her only true illness, it’s as bad as drugs or alcohol or gambling is for many people. She needs help.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Wonder what drama will befall JM today.
Don't you worry about that, she'll let everyone know soon enough!

I don't actually follow her on twitter because I find all the drama too much - although she does occasionally pop up on my feed because some people I follow must follow her.

One minute she's having an actual mental health crisis and is the worst she's ever been, then the next minute everything is fine. It's like emotional whiplash.

Reactions: 11
I’m still baffled at nobody staging any kind of intervention for Jack. Nobody should be spending 20 hours a day spewing their tit onto Twitter, especially as every other Tweet is about how awful the platform is for her. Nobody NEEDS to maintain that level of interaction. If she’s already got her contacts etc then Twitter will make very little difference, plus she’s got, what, an agent, a publicist, an assistant and the various collaborators will always promote and she can just retweet who she collaborates with.

I genuinely think that her Twitter addiction is her only true illness, it’s as bad as drugs or alcohol or gambling is for many people. She needs help.
I read someone saying that we will soon be seeing “Internet Addiction Anonymous” groups springing up and I think it’s very true.

I need a Tattle Anonymous.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
reading this worries me for them. Jack’s admitted she scours socials to look for who likes “negative” (eg not fawning adoration for her undeniable mediocrity) comments and her and a friend investigate it all and add to a list of suspected tattlers. Fills my heart with dread that innocent twitter users could end up being doxxed or - again, as she’s actually threatened, end up on their door step - as a result of just liking a tweet. ☹
I don't think you need to worry. It's all just a lot of hot air.

Reactions: 8

I think she needs a personal and a business page and for her to have as little or nothing to do with the business page ( let her assistant sort it even when working from home) then her assistant can deal with comments and questions that she can either pass on to jack or delete.

• Heart
When my nephew was a young teenager this was when social media was really taking over and I remember him being on with his friends and they would be terrible to each other (actual abuse not constructive questions) then he would come back to the real world and be an absolute horror with his temper and moods to my sister and his younger brothers. Thankfully he has grown out of it but I really hope this obsession Jack appears to have for feeling mild criticism or questioning is extreme harrassment isn’t making her behave unreasonably at home.

• Sad

When I was a teenager, I was into this online text-based RPG. I had very few friends in the real world, and the more I played, the less inclined I was to spend time with them. I would get up early to log on before school, and spend all evening online. On my 15th birthday, my parents surprised me by taking me out to my favourite restaurant - and I felt resentful to be away from the game.

I say this because getting addicted to online stuff really does happen. It starts off because we're unhappy in the real world, and then it becomes a vicious circle. We neglect friends, family, school, work...and in the end, what do we have to show for it? Look at Jack on DKL: live on TV and still checking Twitter. That's ridiculously unhealthy.

I gave up that game almost overnight when I started Sixth Form and suddenly the real world was packed with exciting new things. And to be honest, that's what Jack needs: something in real life that will mean she's not obsessively tweeting every five minutes. I'm sure it's harder now; smartphones mean almost no escape from the internet (plus lockdown makes it harder - I'm not in the UK so not sure where yous are at in terms of easing off).

Honestly? Good luck to her in finding something to fill her days. I can't say I like her, but she seems to be in the grips of a nasty addiction, and that's never nice to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I've honestly been cringing at some of her recent twitter comments. It's not appropriate at all to speak the way she has been. Her attitude screams to me that of someone who really has never been around anyone non-mayo coloured.

Reactions: 11
I have to pop on and say I’m in tears at the GrunkaLunka posts/gifs you’re all sharing - you guys make me so happy 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
My old boy thinks that Tuesdays IG Hellmans show won't be now, due to JMs latest tweeting/deleting. Imagine they have been monitoring her twatter account and don't want to be associated with her (his opinions, don't sue).

Jack with a full stop
I wonder will the sb illness be the 'official' reason.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.