Jack Monroe #24 Gets herself in a Twitter tizzy, book announced then deleted, she is busy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks again @Jelly Bean - you seem to be making all the new threads recently.

@GrunkaLunka So glad you’ve finally caught up!

Here we go again, fellas. I wonder what dramas and delights thread 24 will have in store for us...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Catching up with the last thread after I went to sleep, someone said (sorry I'm rubbish at quoting) 'in Nonny's defence, she's been transparent about who she is and how she knows Jack' - is there some sort of protocol to this? I wasn't aware I needed to 'out' myself (even though I did lol)? I've already had a (deserved) warning from admin for potential harrassment so am feeling a little wary of my interactions with Jack, which is not a nice feeling as usually I can just 'do my thang'. I've said many times that I knew her before Tattle life (knew as in was aware and interacting, not a put the kettle on knew) but now it feels akmost as if I'm not allowed to be a part of Tattle just because I tweet her? Meh, probably just me in my pre coffee state, I may delete this later ;)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Catching up with the last thread after I went to sleep, someone said (sorry I'm rubbish at quoting) 'in Nonny's defence, she's been transparent about who she is and how she knows Jack' - is there some sort of protocol to this? I wasn't aware I needed to 'out' myself (even though I did lol)? I've already had a (deserved) warning from admin for potential harrassment so am feeling a little wary of my interactions with Jack, which is not a nice feeling as usually I can just 'do my thang'. I've said many times that I knew her before Tattle life (knew as in was aware and interacting, not a put the kettle on knew) but now it feels akmost as if I'm not allowed to be a part of Tattle just because I tweet her? Meh, probably just me in my pre coffee state, I may delete this later ;)
Morning! Ah, welcome to the been-warned-by-admin gang.

So, one of the rules on Tattle is to not take it off site, ie not to start harassing someone on their own platform or to encourage said behaviour. I do agree with it, and I feel a bit uncomfortable about some of the users doing exactly that and chiming in on Jack’s tweets. Having said that, yours is a different kettle of fish (that isn’t recipe inspo, Jack) as you knew-ish her before and were only drawn to Tattle after being asked to go on her show. You’ve crossed the divide the other way, I suppose, a la Grunka crossing the space/time continuum.

In other words, yes there is some sort of protocol - but I really don’t know how it would be applied to you as you’re coming at this from a different angle than most of us. I’ve really enjoyed the insights you’ve been sharing about the influencer gig. And you absolutely (yes, absolutely x) shouldn’t feel like you’re not allowed to be a part of Tattle!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Having said that, yours is a different kettle of fish (that isn’t recipe inspo, Jack) as you knew-ish her before and were only drawn to Tattle after being asked to go on her show.
😂 😂 😂 That is brilliant!

(And nobody should feel excluded or unwelcome - we are a happy band of gutter hacks ☺)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
@Nonnymouse that was me. In reply to another user who had said something about tweeting her felt like sharks scenting blood in the water. I was making the point that you would have most likely been tweeting her regardless of being a member of tattle or not seeing as you already have non-tattle dealings with her. I agree with the rule about not taking it off tattle and do think a couple of other users have goaded her in the past to try and score some points on here, but that’s not really the case with your situation so I was just making that point. You’ve not been tweeting her and then screenshotting your work and posting it here, you’ve been open about stuff without specifying your name and I’ve enjoyed your insight on here, so I didn’t feel it was the same for you to be grouped in 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Nonnymouse that was me. In reply to another user who had said something about tweeting her felt like sharks scenting blood in the water. I was making the point that you would have most likely been tweeting her regardless of being a member of tattle or not seeing as you already have non-tattle dealings with her. I agree with the rule about not taking it off tattle and do think a couple of other users have goaded her in the past to try and score some points on here, but that’s not really the case with your situation so I was just making that point. You’ve not been tweeting her and then screenshotting your work and posting it here, you’ve been open about stuff without specifying your name and I’ve enjoyed your insight on here, so I didn’t feel it was the same for you to be grouped in 🤷🏻‍♀️
thank you, although I feel I have to admit that I did screen grab one tweet a few days ago (the one that got me the warning) and then immediately had to go and have a word with myself - my interactions with her shouldn't change bcos i;m a Tattler, and i'm working on that.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Nims has additional needs. She has a loyal heart and had shown Jack such open support.

It makes me so angry that Jack knows this.
Yet she doesn't give a tit.

Has she been sent her book yet?

• Sad
  • Heart
I don’t have twitter but have often felt a strong urge to sign up just so I can tell her to duck off 🤣

• Haha
Morning everyone. I'm just looking at Jack and Holly's interaction from last night - interesting to note that Jack got (I think) one 'like' for her posts, while Holly got 23 for her "white saviour fairy godmother" one - and quite a few of those 23 are people with their real names/job titles/where they study, and are clearly not 'trolls'.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Morning everyone. I'm just looking at Jack and Holly's interaction from last night - interesting to note that Jack got (I think) one 'like' for her posts, while Holly got 23 for her "white saviour fairy godmother" one - and quite a few of those 23 are people with their real names/job titles/where they study, and are clearly not 'trolls'.
Morning! I noticed that too. It's reassuring that even her more rabid fans aren't jumping to her defence on this one.

Reactions: 17
I don’t have twitter but have often felt a strong urge to sign up just so I can tell her to duck off 🤣
Same here. Plus ask her when she is going to send superfan her book.

Cackie seems to be getting less likes and retweets period. Holds true, you can only fool people some of the time...….

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.