Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have to break it to you Jack, I’m as keen that there’s no subsidised piss ups as anyone but having hung out a few times in Strangers Bar back in the day, there IS a need for on-site bars and restaurants in the Houses - it’s called security? There are any number of visitors, constituents, researchers, assistants, admin as well as elected members and Lords hanging out there every day so there has to be food and drink. I don’t think it’s all that heavily subsidised when you consider it’s not a profit-making venture. Plus everyone in there has been vetted and gone through the airport-style scanner etc. You’d know Jack, as that happens when you go into No10 as well.
I also think you underestimate the amount of Uber/deliveroo/delivery services that would drop off a few bottles, some lunch and some snacks there to the staff.

🥕subsidised arseholery

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Draining board to the right. Makes no sense to have it to the left. Can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Jack

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Draining board to the right. Makes no sense to have it to the left. Can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Jack
I’m a bit ambidextrous as well, like someone else said, was it Le3mony-ing?
I hope Jack does herself a mischief with the political tweeting

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Have to break it to you Jack, I’m as keen that there’s no subsidised piss ups as anyone but having hung out a few times in Strangers Bar back in the day, there IS a need for on-site bars and restaurants in the Houses - it’s called security? There are any number of visitors, constituents, researchers, assistants, admin as well as elected members and Lords hanging out there every day so there has to be food and drink. I don’t think it’s all that heavily subsidised when you consider it’s not a profit-making venture. Plus everyone in there has been vetted and gone through the airport-style scanner etc. You’d know Jack, as that happens when you go into No10 as well.
I also think you underestimate the amount of Uber/deliveroo/delivery services that would drop off a few bottles, some lunch and some snacks there to the staff.

🥕subsidised arseholery
Oooo this reminds me of when I was lucky enough to be given a tour round the UN and we had lunch in their canteen (obvs the highlight of the day for me 😂), it was so great, loads of people dressed in their national dress and amazing food from all around the world at rock bottom prices.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I would love it if Jack went on Come Dine with Me. Its the treat we all need. Dave Lamb has such a naturally sarcastic voice, I can just hear it now. "Those lemons are looking a bit passive aggressive there Jack. Call that a roast, the roasts you get on Tattle are better than this. That Béchamel is very runny, are you sure you didn't visit the stables on your way?"

OT but he narrated a programme for toddlers and there was complaints that he sounded sarcastic and flippant. I've seen it and it sounds like he is making an effort not to sound that way but just can't help it 🤣

Jack would totally be Peter when (not if) she loses. Imagine if they put her up against Matt or JO.
View attachment 983846
What a sad little life, Jack.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Same old, same old.
“cites hate mail and ‘crippling’ arthritis for decision”

Yeah or she just got distracted because she just HAD to sort out her sock drawer right this second. Although first, she’ll make a spreadsheet of her socks and catalogue them all, which will be printed off and placed in a lever arch file…

• Haha
Reactions: 38
My brain isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment and I'm probably just having a blank moment but in all the years Jack has been active as an 'Activist and Campaigner' what ACTUAL, provable, change for the better has she brought about?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
She really flounders around for an identity, doesn't she? I know many of you (all of us?!) have said it again and again, but each day I am staggered by how directionless and unformed she is. It's quite astonishing.
There can’t be many identities our Jackie Gal has left to use.
More than Mr Benn

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I hate to say this but it’s the same as it ever was Jack. Doesn’t matter who is in power, this is what happens during debates. They all sod off (unless they are speaking or have an interest) and come back for the vote.
To be honest I don't want any of the current leaders in power. The parliament needs a good shake up and a whole new set of leaders need to be given the floor.

Edit to add not her, not her ever!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
If she thinks the bars and restaurants in HoP are subsided, she should have been apoplectic at the amount of subsidies that the EU bars and restaurants had while we were part of it. (and still do)

But for some reason that didn't bother her. Probably because nobody had pointed it out to her.

Not a single original thought in her head. Political activist my arse. (and that's almost swearing)

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Maybe she has no budget because she spent it all on doll's house furniture to replicate the crappy bungalow layout? Imagine the surprise on the Sylvanian Families shop team's faces when someone ordered 17 sylvanian sideboards and the ugliest rug they have in stock.
So much makes me angry about Jackie gal, the throwing away money in over- priced furniture for a crappy bungalow when she has a son has to be top of the list.
I truly will never understand even with the excuse of ‘ I thought we’d be together forever’ bullshit of a relationship’ when she has lost everything time & time again the ONE thing I’d make sure of is my SON had a home.
FFS how many bedrooms has that poor boy had.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
My brain isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment and I'm probably just having a blank moment but in all the years Jack has been active as an 'Activist and Campaigner' what ACTUAL, provable, change for the better has she brought about?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Getting annoyed about the HoP - what about how they are a rat infested death trap that is moments away from being flooded and/or burned down by an electrical fire. And the old fashioned wiffler JRM won’t let them do a full decant and sort it properly so it will never be done. No one wants to admit the billions it will cost / but after looking at how much test and trace cost - which dwarfed our spend on vaccines - I think they should just sod if and move to NEC for 5 years to get it fixed.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
There can’t be many identities our Jackie Gal has left to use.
More than Mr Benn
It can be perceived as rude/offensive to call her that, although I don’t think you meant it in that sense @ Mr Benn is in and out of the closet used to be the insult thrown at bisexuals

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Hi, my draining board is to the left, k bye.

-no other useful input right now other than Jack is a t.w.a.t.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Honestly I feel sorry for her landlord. Why is she passively telling everyone that this woman/ designed their kitchen to make people who cook suffer. It was obviously ok when she moved in or else why take on the place. I think the issues really are, she know her career is dying and the house is hard to keep so she's venting her own failures on the owner of the house.

All I ever see when I see the majority of her posts is a sad little jealous troll who hates the fact she has to "work" she also acts like a 18year old who's been booted into the real world with bills and their wages from the part time job is no longer for Topshop, Starbucks, beauty treatments and tat.

I say this everytime but she really really needs to grow the hell up. She's a middle aged woman with a preteen child.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Corrrr can't wait to get my felonious little hands on all her dusty rolls of background wallpaper imbued with essence of sardine and the greasy scorched string of pearls plant. I've always wanted a toaster that says TOASTER on it as well, because being autistic I can never remember what appliances do without a reminder. Russell Hobbs had to send me a new kettle because I kept shoving my bread in there.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.