Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last two kitchens have been right to left, so is mumā€™s, first flat left to right as was Grandmaā€™s. Iā€™m a lefty but I donā€™t think I mind which way it is. Best bit was getting first dishwasher.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
God she's making me see red today.

That's a lovely kitchen. šŸ”ŗ but when my husband worked off-shore, we lived for a time in a very manky house that we foolishly thought would end up being a great investment. The kitchen was an absolute dive. I'd have killed for her kitchen. Light, airy, lots of countertop space! She's so flipping ungrateful.

Politics Jack is a total knobhead, so there's that as well to really irritate me.

She really thinks she's mini-Nigella by replying to everyone with this faux-sweetness. Piss off, Jack.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
so today I have learnt that there is a 'correct' side for a dish drainer. Well butter my parsnips. Mine is on the right should anyone be interested.

Also her kitchen is beautiful, the ungrateful cow

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Again, what is she expecting? Has she seen the quality of most housing in this country? Sheā€™s asking for a 2010+ full #reno kitchen - most donā€™t have many plugs. Our house has the original plugs lower than the new ones, in having new skirtings done we didnā€™t realise this meant some plugs (vacuum, MacBook) couldnā€™t be used cos of the size/lack of flex, but thatā€™s fine as thereā€™s a suitable plug within feetā€¦? Similarly, I prefer working next to a window where there is no plug so I just use an extension cord every day? Wasnā€™t aware this was any huge inconvenience or marker of being a peasant - must start the crowd funder now!

• Haha
Reactions: 52
As someone who followed Jack for a long time until the kitten issue, I am sure she gutted the kitchen a few years ago using loads of wilko stuff.
There was lots of boxes and storage and all kinds of plastic tat.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Well that was an enlightening and annoying grunk. Nice deployment of J 93kg there for us ninnies. Keep posting your brain starts, Jack, it lets people know youā€™re not at all poor.
Bear in mind she intimated she had about 30k in savings a few weeks ago. Things like the Hellmanā€™s and Mel Donte partnerships would have brought in serious money as well, like 50k upwards. I think she said once that the website (aft links) brought in a decent monthly amount as well.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
My draining board (well my landlords draining board as I RENT) is on the left and in the 7 years Iā€™ve been here Iā€™ve never considered that being wrong? I didnā€™t know that was a thing people even thought about!
I have 2 draining boards one left and one right (posh) mind you the kitchen is falling down around them.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
If subsidised bars in Parliament cause rulebreaking lockdown garden parties, how come the Labour, Lib Dem, SNP, Plaid Cymru* Green and DUP MPs didnā€™t also have rulebreaking parties. duck off politics 6th form Jack.

*Apologies to any Welsh fraus, IDK if Plaid have an MP in Parliament, but I didnā€™t want to leave them out

• Heart
Reactions: 54
TREATMENT FOR NEW CHARITY AD

*Sombre piano music*

Grave voiceover:

"Cooking in a functional kitchen is something most of us take for granted. But did you know there are people in the UK right now who don't have a draining board on the right side of the sink?

This is Jack."

*Fade to closeup of Jack's sad little face as she forlornly holds a miniature cardboard sink up to the camera*

Voiceover cont'd:

"Jack works 28 hours a day and hasn't been on holiday since before she was born. This month, she's only bought three pairs of pleather trousers and a ninth Cotswold Co sideboard because the stress of having an incorrect kitchen configuration has made her forget her John Lewis password and she can't buy the other essentials she needs."

*Greyscale montage of Jack washing a filthy antique spoon, mistakenly putting it to drain on the wrong side of the sink, howling in anguish, dropping to the floor and clawing at the lino*

Voiceover cont'd:

"It's appalling that Jack has to live like this. But it doesn't have to be this way. For just Ā£99 a month, you can help people like Jack get the kitchen they deserve."

*Small print on screen at this point reads "Actually, just Jack."*

*Music changes to an upbeat, jazzy tune*

*Full-colour, sunlit shots of Jack happily placing washed crockery in her new sentient draining board - NOW ON THE RIGHT SIDE - and charging one of her seventeen phones in it at the same time, applying ridiculous eyeshadow in its gleaming reflection, etc*

"Please give today by calling 0901 149 0600 or by visiting the website onscreen.

Together, we can help stop kitchen nightmares.

Thankyou."

*End on Jack's gurning face*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 123
Big 'you couldn't make it up!' energy in her latest tweets.

Move aside Frost/Nixon, there's a new political scoophound in town.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Iā€™m glad she emphasised ā€œYOUR time and moneyā€. If sheā€™d have said ā€œOUR time and moneyā€ I may have broken my twitter silence and had to become a former frau.

How dare she give 2 shits about what tax is being spent on when SHE ISNT bleeping PAYING IT!!!!

Sheā€™s a twunt of the highest order.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.