Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Handy in prison - Queen Bee in Cell Block H was top dog with the steamer.
It always makes me think about that episode of The Hills when LC used her hair straighteners to steam her fancy dress for the Crillon Ball and ended up burning it, unsurprisingly.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I steam because I am too lazy to iron! Most of my clothes don't need ironing, but the odd one does, so I have a handheld steamer and if I have more than 3.5 seconds to consider my outfit in a morning, I have the steamer ready and can just wazz it over the creases and look mildly presentable.
We're living the same life! I hate ironing, so steam all the way, baby lol. (Steamer and a bit of starch makes coats looks fabulous too!)

I wonder what Jack is organising today?

Reactions: 24
It always makes me think about that episode of The Hills when LC used her hair straighteners to steam her fancy dress for the Crillon Ball and ended up burning it, unsurprisingly.

Reading this ~discourse~ is the first time I realised there was a last time I hair straightened an outfit 🥲 and then you’d wonder why there was weird stuff on the plates, it’s the acrylic content from your Topshop garms hun x

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
ah, here we go. such a romantic language

View attachment 987614
And I thought my Google search history was odd.

I'm in the past after being in a bit of a fugue state for a couple days but her kitchen reminds me of those chip pan fire demonstrations you saw at school where the entire place just goes up.

Also my draining board is on the right. My parents' is on the left. Have I grown up deprived of proper draining board placement? Woe.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’m a lazy Frau who never irons. Creases fall out eventually and I pretty much just wear jeans and tshirts anyway!
Same. I only ever iron the bits for the display beds at work.

Jack and Allegra were such a smug pair. They were everywhere for their brief relationship. It's funny because A was fairly private before, and has gone back to that now, but she really put it all out there with Jack

Reactions: 41
We're living the same life! I hate ironing, so steam all the way, baby lol. (Steamer and a bit of starch makes coats looks fabulous too!)

I don't own an iron but I soon realised that is a bit silly now I have my own place and bed linens I'd like to look presentable! Totally OT but does anyone steam their bed sheets? Considering doing this rather than ironing.

On topic: Jack is a shitttttttttttt head

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don't own an iron but I soon realised that is a bit silly now I have my own place and bed linens I'd like to look presentable! Totally OT but does anyone steam their bed sheets? Considering doing this rather than ironing.

On topic: Jack is a shitttttttttttt head
It would probably be easier, as you could do it directly on the bed. Ironing bedding is a royal pain because it's so big compared to other things you might do, plus you've got to cart it about after, trying not to crease it*

*May or may not be bitter that this is my task for the weekend at work

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She wants to be to Wilko what Kerry Katona was to Iceland.
Someone will have the receipt, but not so long ago she was disagreeing with how they treated their staff.(apologies if the cabal has moved on, grunking)
I completely forgot about the Wilko boycott! Lasted about a month I think before she hauled her immunocompromised arse back down there again to buy a backpackful of paint.

• Haha
Reactions: 46

Also no ironing board required, just steam on the hanger

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.