Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she's blocked the window with those bookshelves. The way the bed was had the window at the foot of the bed. She could've moved the bed but that would block the built in cupboards. She's either blocked the window or built them round the bed like a wall.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
she's basically saying she got paid £160 for it
Couldn't this, at least partly, be why she isn't invited back also? To say, the colleagues or bosses or whatever must read or otherwise be aware of what she writes online, perhaps to them they don't trust working with someone who is clearly a shameless liar. (who is also bleeping terrible at what they want her to do)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I think she's blocked the window with those bookshelves. The way the bed was had the window at the foot of the bed. She could've moved the bed but that would block the built in cupboards. She's either blocked the window or built them round the bed like a wall.
Or put the bed under the window? Who has time for this much faffing in a lifetime though?!

Reactions: 26
Do you think this is all because the CD shelves went down so well with the squigs earlier in the week?

My MIL was a constant re-arranger of furniture, it made me feel really uncomfortable, one that this little old lady was bench-pressing furniture around constantly by herself and two it was just odd and unsettling, there was no sense of peace in her house. I asked her why she did it and she said it was "to keep people guessing" i.e. for attention

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Couldn't this, at least partly, be why she isn't invited back also? To say, the colleagues or bosses or whatever must read or otherwise be aware of what she writes online, perhaps to them they don't trust working with someone who is clearly a shameless liar. (who is also bleeping terrible at what they want her to do)
Or it could be that she spent so long "gazing in awe at the twinkly lights"

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I don’t know what drove me to it, but I watched the lingreenie clip that’s in the Wiki. Managed 3m out of 6 and cringed my way through every one of the 180 seconds I sat through. She looks so uncomfortable - no judgment, I’d look uncomfortable on national television too, but I wouldn’t put myself in that position.

This is 20 hours work for her at £8 an hour. Have a nice day.

How do you manage to get on telly, make a tit looking plate of food, and still sound so ungrateful and put out by it all?!

ETA: realise the 20hrs includes travel, however as this is largely used as working time and includes cross checking prices and checking for breaking news, I have left this in.
Does this mean Jamie spends 100 hours on a 30 minute show #maths? How does THAT MAN fit it all in?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Thread title nomination
Jack Monroe #239 it's Jack's world and we are all just living in it

This thread is making me feel dirty and not in a good way

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I know an otherwise lovely woman who does this on her Facebook “well that’s the kids off to school and time to tidy the kitchen”

“That’s the kitchen tidy, I’ll have some lunch then tackle the bathroom as it’s my day off”

Needless to say, she’s been muted
Is that woman's name Lucy? Lucy Jordan? Is she 36 or 37? Might be worthwhile unmuting to catch her up on the rooftop

• Haha
Reactions: 21
About a year later after the Lingreenie with chicken disaster, she admitted that This Morning won't use her anymore because of her "slightly undercooked" pasta. I'm not sure that was the problem! I'm so glad that This Morning have kept it on their website for posterity. Also I didn't realise at the time when she was doing that run through of all the work it takes to do a slot, she's basically saying she got paid £160 for it (£8/hour for 20 hours). To which I can only say ...

Surely they must see her lies?

Also: mildly OT but seen this and wish someone would catch on to Jack’s fauxverty.

Or maybe her own room is so strewn with steamed clothes, she’s in the spare room!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Surely they must see her lies?

Also: mildly OT but seen this and wish someone would catch on to Jack’s fauxverty.

Or maybe her own room is so strewn with steamed clothes, she’s in the spare room!
I screenshot that story yday thinking to share it - gave me huge Jackie vibes!

Reactions: 22
Perhaps one of you learned Fraus can enlighten me; what is the point in steaming clothes? I have never owned a steamer, never felt the need to own a steamer and for the life of me can not see why I would need a steamer. I wash, dry and iron my clothes, or dry clean any that say dry clean only (very few). That seems sufficient to me.

It seems to be a waste of time and energy. Especially when Jack is then going to fold the items up and send them through the post so they will no doubt arrive creased.

I know, I know, Jack is never going to do such a thing, I shouldn't be wasting my time thinking about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Perhaps one of you learned Fraus can enlighten me; what is the point in steaming clothes? I have never owned a steamer, never felt the need to own a steamer and for the life of me can not see why I would need a steamer. I wash, dry and iron my clothes, or dry clean any that say dry clean only (very few). That seems sufficient to me.

It seems to be a waste of time and energy. Especially when Jack is then going to fold the items up and send them through the post so they will no doubt arrive creased.

I know, I know, Jack is never going to do such a thing, I shouldn't be wasting my time thinking about it.
Steaming's good for more delicate fabrics which can crease easily.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Can anyone imagine her laughing? Genuine laughing? I can’t.
I saw it on the "bit gauche, darling" video where Allegra looks appalled, and the drunk chat with publisher video where I was appalled. I never want to see her laughing again

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I saw it on the "bit gauche, darling" video where Allegra looks appalled, and the drunk chat with publisher video where I was appalled. I never want to see her laughing again
Is that video still available- I haven't had my first daily dose of cringing yet 🤪🤟

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Do you think the whole transgender deep dive came out of that comment “an ex” (suspect Allegra) made about her not being butch enough to pull off the spenny studded jacket? Non-binary aside, she definitely said she wanted to transition in some interviews and denied it later (it’s perfectly fine to change your mind Jack but it’s better to be honest about it!)

Reactions: 20

I steam because I am too lazy to iron! Most of my clothes don't need ironing, but the odd one does, so I have a handheld steamer and if I have more than 3.5 seconds to consider my outfit in a morning, I have the steamer ready and can just wazz it over the creases and look mildly presentable.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I steam because I am too lazy to iron! Most of my clothes don't need ironing, but the odd one does, so I have a handheld steamer and if I have more than 3.5 seconds to consider my outfit in a morning, I have the steamer ready and can just wazz it over the creases and look mildly presentable.
I’m a lazy Frau who never irons. Creases fall out eventually and I pretty much just wear jeans and tshirts anyway!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

Handy in prison - Queen Bee in Cell Block H was top dog with the steamer.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.