Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She wants to be to Wilko what Kerry Katona was to Iceland.
Someone will have the receipt, but not so long ago she was disagreeing with how they treated their staff.(apologies if the cabal has moved on, grunking)
100% agree. I still think there is a sneaky sponsor going on there, it's the one shop she consistently mentions from the beginnings of poverty girl.

Lets not forget her £35 two headed Hallowe'en dog! (All those seed packets were Wilko ones too.)

Reactions: 28
I don't own an iron but I soon realised that is a bit silly now I have my own place and bed linens I'd like to look presentable! Totally OT but does anyone steam their bed sheets? Considering doing this rather than ironing.

On topic: Jack is a shitttttttttttt head
Ironing is a pain, but my granny used to iron clothes in a factory for shops,so she passed on her fussiness about it on to my mum, my mum moans something shocking if you even attempt to go our with something not ironed. It's not worth the earache so from about the age 12 I have ironed most things

Reactions: 17
Political commentary Jack 🙄

View attachment 988490
Or perhaps it's because if they were all released at once there'd be a week of outrage but he would survive as it's just one week and people have short memories. The drip feed is to keep it in the public eye? Either way, someone is trying to bury Boris and that much is obvious. If they wanted to cover it up they simply wouldn't have leaked any of it?! #ALevelPoliticsMonroe

tit by degrees is probably a good measurement scale for your reaction to eating a Monroe recipe... with the highest degree being Listeriosis after a salad bag pesto dinner.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 12.51.18.png

At least she's got the appropriate implement to eat her mercury-riddled tinned fish. God forbid in this time of struggle that she's without a fish knife.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Can we just briefly go back to the pizzaiolo who 'snuck across the border'? She has no idea of how offensive and clueless she is.

If Mr Pizza Express hired the chef from Naples in 1965 there would have been no freedom of movement and the pizza maker would have needed a work permit. This is not an argument for the EU, as it clearly shows that moving for work is possible and has always been possible without the EU.

To suggest that anyone 'snuck across a border' is pretty offensive to someone who legally immigrated.

I'm an immigrant myself and I'm pro-immigration, but to suggest that all immigrants are the same is false. Asylum seekers have different needs and rights to immigrants from the EU. They again have different needs and rights to immigrants from outside the EU (though obvs not after Brexit). There is also a proportion of people who enter countries illegally, sometimes for nefarious purposes. To suggest all Brexit-voters voted for it because they hate foreigners is not true (though I do think it sadly played a role in some people's vote). It's simplified nonsense to rile up the masses and feel like you are on the right side of history. However, with her heartwarming pizza story she plays right into the 'good immigrant' trope. "Look this lovely pizza maker from Naples only came here so we Brits could eat delicious pizza. See how he's enriched our lives! Isn't it wonderful."

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I’d dearly love to know how much she paid for that lot.🤬

But surely she's already explained she didn't pay for more than couple of boxes, the rest was given to her?

Because of course, the cost of sending two canteens of cutlery is exactly the same as the cost of sending seventeen boxes. Even humble eBay sellers love paying people to take their stuff.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Anyone else’s first thought on viewing those pics
“Oh gosh, poor @MancBee, I can’t imagine how he’s going to cope”?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
But surely she's already explained she didn't pay for more than couple of boxes, the rest was given to her?

Because of course, the cost of sending two canteens of cutlery is exactly the same as the cost of sending seventeen boxes. Even humble eBay sellers love paying people to take their stuff.
She did, I misread - of course the postage would have been minimal - it was exceptionally generous. I’m humbled.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.