Jack Monroe #238 Honestly, they're like two stupid pigeons fighting over a discarded doughnut

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she tagged hinch in one of her #jackshacks posts or something at one point, didn't she?
Between that and the Sarah Aswiscombe? Necklace, it’s hard to know if Mackie wants to be an #influenza or has just been #bossbabed by the professionals

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Sneaking out of lurk-dom to say that these brownies are depressingly similar to the Monroe left over Easter egg brownies I studiously attempted about 3 or 4 years ago. Following the recipe to the letter, I cooked them for FORTY FIVE MINUTES (!) whilst smoke poured from my oven. I messaged Jack afterwards to ask if the 45 minutes was a typo. She did not reply.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 120
Between that and the Sarah Aswiscombe? Necklace, it’s hard to know if Mackie wants to be an #influenza or has just been #bossbabed by the professionals
I don‘t think I can cope with Mackie Jonroe: BossBabe Influenza Instahun

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I lied. I do have chocolate left but only because I have stuff I like and I only eat small amounts.
My plan is to just eat it though like a normal person though, not to duck about with it and ruin it.
Babe, same! Didn't want to vote yes though incase the cable thought I actually wanted to make the beige rocky road bricks 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 29
So who was Jackie gal cooking for, the 1st time??
The new love interest?
Who’s probably a therapist or fellow AA visitor.

Let’s hope he got a better afters than the Netflix offering eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Am I the only one who’s told the truth in the poll 🤣? Granted that is only down to the fact I never actually bought any tubs and have just looted other peoples when I’ve been visiting them.
I told the truth. That said my "stash" was 2 Freddos, inexplicably sent to me by a sibling. I ate them pissed one night. I don't eat chocolate often (3,4 times a year) which is why it was such an odd thing to send me.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I do have leftover chocolate, it made it to the new year but it won’t be seeing February.

So who was Jackie gal cooking for, the 1st time??
The new love interest?
Who’s probably a therapist or fellow AA visitor.

Let’s hope he got a better afters than the Netflix offering eh?
Netflix and poo?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I lied. I have loads of chocolate, bars, boxes, tubs and 3 massive Toblerones. I tell people not to buy me anything, but I just get given chocolates as it is a simple gift. Though not one piece of it will go into a terrible Jack Monroe "riff" on Rocky Road.

This is a maverick idea I know, but I have put it all in a drawer and will share it with friends and family in a few weeks once we have all go over the overindulgences of Christmas. They last for months if stored correctly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Scoffed all my Christmas choccies and sweets up by NYE! #GreedyGoblin

(I did a tube of Jelly Tots in a sitting, was buzzing off my tits then felt incredibly sick. Worth it.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I lied. I have loads of chocolate, bars, boxes, tubs and 3 massive Toblerones. I tell people not to buy me anything, but I just get given chocolates as it is a simple gift. Though not one piece of it will go into a terrible Jack Monroe "riff" on Rocky Road.

This is a maverick idea I know, but I have put it all in a drawer and will share it with friends and family in a few weeks once we have all go over the overindulgences of Christmas. They last for months if stored correctly.
What a maverick idea Manc…storing left overs unopened food to eat later! If only Jack could come up with such an idea!

ETA: Correct gif! FFS it won’t add the correct one.
ETA2: Having my own maverick chaos.
ETA3: Think I’ve sorted it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I lied. I do have chocolate left but only because I have stuff I like and I only eat small amounts.
My plan is to just eat it though like a normal person though, not to duck about with it and ruin it.
I lied too, but we will just eat it slowly over the coming weeks (NB. I've got such a lot as last year I didn't buy any extra and I didn't get any bought for me, this year I bought some, and got loads as Christmas presents).

Reactions: 19
What a maverick idea Manc…storing left overs unopened food to eat later! If only Jack could come up with such an idea!

ETA: Correct gif! FFS it won’t add the correct one.
I hate it when you think you have smashed the gif, you press reply and then see with horror what the whole gif actually is.

Then, for some reason (probably the same inception-type one that meant the multicoloured button went the distance), you can’t search for another gif so you are left with the awful choice of leaving the crap gif or leaving the gif less comment.

gif-world problems.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Brill forum title; you peeps are super talented 🤩

We still have half a tub of Celebrations hanging around but they will be gone quite soon and not melted down for some strange dish that looks like the result of an gastrc incident.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I was a fatarse and ate all my Xmas chocs but I'm 100% vegan and only got the one box which I shared with the kids. I did buy all the vegan treats (Lidl Domino truffles were just divine) in the run up to Christmas that I could find though. But we ate all those too. I did a lot of xmas baking and jam making too, so did my friends and family. Come January, we are all baked out, I can't be arsed to make rocky roads in early January when I'm BUSY with the school and work routine back in play. I don’t know anyone who wants to bake in January.

Totes irrelevant but I also bleeping hate January, it's quite a bleak month weather wise, still so dark and no cheerful xmas lights. Roll on spring when the plants come back ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I didn't lie, sadly 🥺. In the early days of the festive period I regifted premature chocolate gifts to unexpected visitors and the like.
I do have some twiglets left. Quite a lot actually. The kids didn't find them quite as intriguing as I told them they would 🥰
And, believe it or not, we still have those cheap cheesy miniature biscuit shapes from poundoes.
None of us really like them, apart from the dog ...not really sure what to do with them now. I hate food waste but can't imagine any scenario where they could be utilised in a 'leftovers' recipe.
Happy to be corrected (with something edible)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
We had a few celebrations left but a strange mouse got in the tub and et them all. It also nibbled on my wife’s gym sliders, so it’s quite possibly an ex mouse now.

edit mouse is strange because the only ones left were bounty’s and surely no sensible creature likes those

• Haha
I was rage eating Quality street after some tit our fave smol pixie tweeted, still have 3/4 tin left though.
I'm dying to know how the date went, with the eleventy-hundred hours of slow cooked oxtail. That's date goals right there, along with kumquat hair and the propensity to find magic gifts in puddles and copious shin-kickings...
As a singleton of six years, I must be doing it all wrong

• Haha
  • Heart
Lidl Domino truffles were just divine
Lidl & Aldi have been outstanding with their vegan range, as well as good quality fruit and veg.

I cannot fathom why Jack never uses either and will gleefully shop at Waitrose. She is absolutely shameless in all approaches to her life. 16 weeks of therapy and not a thing has changed.

I'm also surprised Aardman are still going with it, surely all this SM guff should have been posted before Christmas?!

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Talking of Hinch the grifter, her tattle thread has gone nuclear because she's just bought a £1million farm. Trust Jacksie to recognise a fellow con artist when she sees one/hanging off of Grinch's coat tails.....
BIB - for cash! Jack must be fewmin.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.