Jack Monroe #235 Goggleslop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is amazing. It’s the biggest effort to basically explain why her homework is late.
if she stopped dicking around taking photos of everything she’s ever written down, perhaps she would have had a better chance of meeting her deadline.
Oh honestly, I’ve only been on this thread a couple of days and she’s getting on my tits massively already.

should add, im ridding myself of all the leftover cheese by making macaroni cheese (cheese calculator not utilised) this evening. Haven’t blitzed flour, water, margarine et al, sadly. A decision I’ll no doubt regret.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Editing since January? What the hell is she writing? Is she Proust? Is this her masterpiece In Search of Lost Slop? Even with a 16 week aparthotel jolly she could have been done months ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
A friend has been texting me absolutely INCENSED because she's just spotted Jack's brioche wreath and says it's such a blatant rip-off of Nadiya's recipe which was in the Nadiya Bakes book YEARS ago, pic looks exactly the same and the only thing changed is the mincemeat filling (Nadiya uses cranberry sauce). Anyway, I said it had been spotted by us but it made me think that anyone who knows anything in the cookery world will also have noticed it, no wonder everyone's turning against her.
It was a bit odd that she suddenly produced something that looked relatively appealing when most of her food is brown slop (you only have to look at her Insta grid for the full horror). Anyone would be suspicious.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
So what's her plans for the new year?!

Will she finally get a forever home? Part of me hopes she will or find a daft suga mumma to keep her quiet!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I love it when Jack's not tweeting and spreading her bad vibes all over the internet. It means we can wander down memory lane and it also gives us more time to notice the subtweets.

Also haha at this

Screenshot 2022-01-02 at 18.18.03.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 94
I have just been on Jack's website 😯. She has both tip jar and donate buttons which go to a PayPal link. She doesn't do things but halves does she. I though the donate button may lead to links to where you could donate to charities/food banks etc. BTW her shop is under development still. 😏. Oh, and why is her pastry recipe so difficult? Just follow Delia and you can grate the fat from the freezer for quickness).
(Edited for spelling and additional sentances)

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
This is amazing. It’s the biggest effort to basically explain why her homework is late.
if she stopped dicking around taking photos of everything she’s ever written down, perhaps she would have had a better chance of meeting her deadline.
Oh honestly, I’ve only been on this thread a couple of days and she’s getting on my tits massively already.

should add, im ridding myself of all the leftover cheese by making macaroni cheese (cheese calculator not utilised) this evening. Haven’t blitzed flour, water, margarine et al, sadly. A decision I’ll no doubt regret.
Babe, same.
I made cauliflower cheese but was a sad haus frau and melted a lump of butter, added some flour then whisked in some milk. I didn’t need Pythagoras, a bullet blender or need to be told how long to freeze it.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I have just been on Jack's website 😯. She has both tip jar and donate buttons which go to a PayPal link. She doesn't do things but halves dies she. I though the donate button may lead to links to where you could donate to charities/food banks etc. BTW her shop is under development still. 😏.
Is it working? Have the crack team brought it back from the brink?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Babe, same.
I made cauliflower cheese but was a sad haus frau and melted a lump of butter, added some flour then whisked in some milk. I didn’t need Pythagoras, a bullet blender or need to be told how long to freeze it.
That’s pretty much the same recipe I used, but I’m now worried it won’t turn out like lumpy slop 🥺🥺

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I have just been on Jack's website 😯. She has both tip jar and donate buttons which go to a PayPal link. She doesn't do things but halves does she. I though the donate button may lead to links to where you could donate to charities/food banks etc. BTW her shop is under development still. 😏. Oh, and why is her pastry recipe so difficult? Just follow Delia and you can grate the fat from the freezer for quickness).
(Edited for spelling and additional sentances)
I've come out of the Lurk to say that I noticed the same thing. I had faint hope that the 'donate' button would be for something useful, even though I know better now after half a week of solid Grunking.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
So what's her plans for the new year?!

Will she finally get a forever home? Part of me hopes she will or find a daft suga mumma to keep her quiet!
Hopefully Jack is changing her bedding, sorting out her tax affairs and looking after her boy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I dont think I’ve ever ventured on to her website before - has it ever been updated since 2018? I was actually relatively impressed by the layout and what appears to be a fairly user friendly format (disclaimer - reader I didn’t “use” it I just imagined it was user friendly) then mid the 12p recipes I come across this...
585400C2-8182-43E1-A97F-AF6B14E5A5BC.png

🙄 good god, that’s her business site, how unprofessional 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
I love it when Jack's not tweeting and spreading her bad vibes all over the internet. It means we can wander down memory lane and it also gives us more time to notice the subtweets.

Also haha at this

View attachment 958285
My mates all lived close to me so I did the maverick thing and went out with them. I know crazy!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Hang on. Wasn’t Bootstrap the one written on an archaic Nokia?!
So Jack said. The same phone she used to apply for 300 jobs.

I think she also had a spreadsheet on that phone. She spoke of using one, with conditional formatting to track her incoming and outgoings. Unless I misunderstood, and it was a sheet of lined paper and Jack’s colouring in pencils.

What a shame the nearby Southend public library or any of the local colleges, or the job centre, or that place for young mums that referred her to the foodbank, didn’t have computers that were freely accessible.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I'd like to ask a question about AA which maybe one of our more knowledgeable fraus will be able to answer. Is there any kind of protocol for when someone's misrepresenting it in the media? I mean, could Jack expect anyone to take her aside at her next meeting and suggest to her she not write about it on twitter? Would she get pushback for misinformation or for setting herself up so publicly as the People's Princess unofficial sponsor?

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I dont think I’ve ever ventured on to her website before - has it ever been updated since 2018? I was actually relatively impressed by the layout and what appears to be a fairly user friendly format (disclaimer - reader I didn’t “use” it I just imagined it was user friendly) then mid the 12p recipes I come across this...
View attachment 958322
🙄 good god, that’s her business site, how unprofessional 🤦‍♀️
Such a non-problem, as per usual immediately resolved by closing down Twitter and getting on with life.

Reactions: 24
Wonder if a bit part in this is actually the gig of the year?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Wonder if a bit part in this is actually the gig of the year?
Yet another SG stormer. However, not recovered from watching his outstanding performance in The Virtues and that was years ago so I think I will give it a miss.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Babe, same.
snap (too short)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.