Jack Monroe #235 Goggleslop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet another SG stormer. However, not recovered from watching his outstanding performance in The Virtues and that was years ago so I think I will give it a miss.
The virtues was so intense, I sobbed at times. Feel like I could handle pressure cooker kitchen better but no doubt I'll end up in the cinema with egg on my face along with tears and snot 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Well I think it’s fair to say that Jack has been firmly placed back in her box today. AA Twitter Jack chanced her arm after the highs of MUA Jack. Surprised that with the level of bite back today that Coops and Mini haven’t been deployed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
That's pretty much how Jack treats Twitter.

Kids today just don't know the sheer horror of the family landline, phones with cords, and having to ask for who you wanted to speak to. Ugh. That was beyond hideous. Especially for nefarious teenage business. Trying to arrange that whilst both parties are in the communal area where the phone was kept, and people listening in. Not sure they could cope!
Or speaking to a girlfriend and not realising that an annoying sibling had picked up the extension and was listening to every word! 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Well I think it’s fair to say that Jack has been firmly placed back in her box today. AA Twitter Jack chanced her arm after the highs of MUA Jack. Surprised that with the level of bite back today that Coops and Mini haven’t been deployed.
I was just thinking that it reminded me of Veganuary and the Viggles last year. I love it when whole communities notice her trying to wedge herself into them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Wonder if a bit part in this is actually the gig of the year?
i watched the short version of this when i was on a film award panel (FANCY) a few years ago! it was brilliant, excited to see the full version

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I'd like to ask a question about AA which maybe one of our more knowledgeable fraus will be able to answer. Is there any kind of protocol for when someone's misrepresenting it in the media? I mean, could Jack expect anyone to take her aside at her next meeting and suggest to her she not write about it on twitter? Would she get pushback for misinformation or for setting herself up so publicly as the People's Princess unofficial sponsor?
Pretty much all of the traditions speak on this in one way or but most pertinently pls see below - 11 is why that thread was wholly inappropriate tbh.

1680579B-9D8D-4EAA-A957-12AF3A036A94.jpeg

She’s not important enough to cause issues for anyone. There are many unwell and triggering people in and around meetings, she is just another one.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Worse, TRAMPLED! Because of course you write all your precious recipes on loose leaf paper and keep them in the bleeping garage you absolute whelksplat.

What is it you can get on the (terribly terribly broken needs ALL THE MOST EVER engineers to fix) website that needs a discount? Does she sell scummy slops on the sea shore?
Is it too early for a thread title nomination? I think I’m ok? Here goes… You absolute whelksplat! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I sincerely hope some well meaning family as thrown dropped her phone In the mop bucket.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I was just thinking that it reminded me of Veganuary and the Viggles last year. I love it when whole communities notice her trying to wedge herself into them.
But she doesn’t just try to wedge herself in, her starting point is always as a voice of authority, she always attempts to place herself at the top.

But it’s great to see that these communities/people in general now see through it, and call her out. About bloody time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Pretty much all of the traditions speak on this in one way or but most pertinently pls see below - 11 is why that thread was wholly inappropriate tbh.

View attachment 958507

She’s not important enough to cause issues for anyone. There are many unwell and triggering people in and around meetings, she is just another one.
She's not even important enough for Toni & Guy Southend to give her a mention (her photo is the only fugly one on their grid). I have my doubts that they had a bleeping clue who she was :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
So professional!
This is what makes me think that her publishers might finally have said, y’know what Jack, we’ve been waiting long enough - sling it.
She must be an absolute pain in the arse to work with.
I think a publisher may well not tell an author like her to stop it, but just stop putting time and effort into the project. An engaged editor will spend time (and therefore money) on an author. Read drafts, make notes, have calls and meetings to discuss the project, line up photographers, sensitivity readers, etc. If a manuscript is not forthcoming in the first instance the cost goes up, because the editor and project manager will spend more time and effort trying to get things done. There comes a point where the publisher has to make a decision, to either formally end the project, potentially ask for the advance back and sever ties. Or to just softly, gently stop doing any work on the project and wait and see if a manuscript eventually turns up. The second option is easier and depending on contracts, money paid out and relationships less risky.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.