Jack Monroe #235 Goggleslop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know we've said this before, but whenever Jack has the mildest of exposure to a topic, she is an expert straight away. Except what she doesn't have is any awareness of professionalism. Mildly amusing when it's knitting (except to knitters, where she devalues a time-consuming, expensive and highly-skilled craft), or completing herbal teas (everyone can tell she's bullshitting), but less so when it's animal welfare, parenting, mental health and everything else.
The thing is the cabal is all aware how much of Jack's output is smoke and mirrors. How inconsistent, yet emphatic she is on most topics.
Twitter on the whole doesn't seem to be. So her muddled headed advice and opinions are taken at face value. Coupled with her inability to ever say 'oh I didn't know that' or 'I don't know' makes her appear dangerously knowledgeable.

(Until she is really challenged when she falls back on the 'I wasn't giving any advice - it was obviously just my opinion. Please leave me alone. Thankyou' option).

• Sad
Reactions: 49
I know we've said this before, but whenever Jack has the mildest of exposure to a topic, she is an expert straight away. Except what she doesn't have is any awareness of professionalism. Mildly amusing when it's knitting (except to knitters, where she devalues a time-consuming, expensive and highly-skilled craft), or completing herbal teas (everyone can tell she's bullshitting), but less so when it's animal welfare, parenting, mental health and everything else.
this this this this a thousand times this

• Heart
Reactions: 40
The thing is the cabal is all aware how much of Jack's output is smoke and mirrors. How inconsistent, yet emphatic she is on most topics.
Twitter on the whole doesn't seem to be. So her muddled headed advice and opinions are taken at face value. Coupled with her inability to ever say 'oh I didn't know that' or 'I don't know' makes her appear dangerously knowledgeable.

(Until she is really challenged when she falls back on the 'I wasn't giving any advice - it was obviously just my opinion. Please leave me alone. Thankyou' option).
What's so depressing about it, looking at last year and going into a new year, is that she's clearly never going to change, regardless of how much therapy she gets.

• Sad
Reactions: 45
And this is why I don’t get how SB’s dad hasn’t got custody.

Why the fu

Only for constant Need for affirmation.

as for her letting people down and others letting her down, Quel surprise Jackie gal.
Anyone that has managed to stay a friend of yours needs to be on the new honours list
Maybe he has, and she gets visitation

Reactions: 17
Oh and a brief Patreon update - it’s month end and we’ve had our first ever month on month growth thanks to the tin rattle. #sobriety #truth #honesty

She opened the month on 243 and has just closed on 244 up 0.4%!

She did peak at 249 so some users have left, but outweighed by the mugs she scammed. Will provide full update in a few days when I’m back home soz x

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
I'm sure people have seen this article before but resharing because she is a fantasist stuck on a hamster / cat wheel of eternal fantasising.
Billy Liar is one of my favourite old b/w films and I remember the disappointment in his loved one's faces when yet again he was found out in another lie.
I have spent a lifetime with lying alcoholic narcissist parents and then gaslighty partners, I'm very attuned to lies and liars (despite still getting taken in by them)
it must be so draining being in her life for real, no wonder her only current outlets are twitter and a group where she is representing herself as something she isn't and accepted because this is what people in AA do out of kindness and acceptance. Her own family and friends are no doubt sick of her. I wonder if the Nye chaos is because someone excused not inviting her by saying ' I was going to invite you but everyone will be getting pissed and I know you're on your sober journey' ?

'There was a point, she admits, when she had nine anonymised Twitter accounts, for various arguments, including a Scottish one, Benedict Cumberscotch, for the Scottish independence debate. Another was reserved to follow rightwingers she wanted to keep an eye on'

Same as it ever was

Also to say, I love that Jimmy nail is softy soft gingerly starting to make a resurgence in these threads

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
So someone offered her a J2O and she is stropping about it.
Grunking away so many many pages behind but just wanted to say I bloody love a J20. There aren't enough of them on offer as far as I'm concerned tbh.

I'm not going to have a plethora of fancy AF posh cocktails in the fridge if I don't drink them , I will have some cokes and maybe some juices. If I were off the booze I'd imagine the sensible thing would be to bring something with you
Yes exactly! I always take a bottle of appletiser with me when we go somewhere - because it is delicious and also because it can pass for prosecco (mine and Mr Cs family do NOT understand my not drinking and try to pressure me to have one, so it helps)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Grunking away so many many pages behind but just wanted to say I bloody love a J20. There aren't enough of them on offer as far as I'm concerned tbh.
I really want to ask for a j twenty now after seeing someone say it on here. Annoyingly though, I know I'm the only person who will be laughing 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I don’t know whether I should have ‘spoilered’ this so apologies in advance if I should have.
So many things are bothering me with the recent posts.
As an AA frau (at least in the past, not currently) I can confirm that my experience was far from doom and gloom. I did, on occasion, laugh out loud. I also found some wonderful support at a time I really needed a reminder that the world can be kind.
However. It wasn’t a weekly barrel of laughs (‘scuse the beer pun) and often people sharing their story would provoke a lot of pain.
I agree with some of the other ninnies that her description of what it’s about and her approach to recovery is way off the mark and possibly dangerous. Most people I’ve met via AA are extremely, extremely cautious about giving any type of advice on the matter. The only thing I’ve ever heard anyone say outside of the rooms is the importance of finding help and knowing that AA is always there. Full. Stop. The end. That’s all.
Taking to Twitter is, I feel, against their general code of conduct.

As for the MH and associated drugs. I (legitimately) have a list of co-morbid issues. SSRIs aren’t particularly specific. And there’s no bleeping chance she’d be given sleeping pills for more than a week. Especially with the alcohol issues. It’s a bleeping lie. Pure and simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Owen Jones. (Too short?)
I see that he has an article in the Guardian about going to the gym. Another expert after attending for a few months.

The Guardian seem to fall for these people who consider themselves experts even though they are really novices...see any of the contributions from Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Holy tit Trifle Defender
Burn burn burn
Eta screen edited screenie
E025A1CB-6A65-4A0B-94D7-B7902A83FA71.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 116
I’ve discovered Jack’s low paid job. She’s back at sainsbury’s packing my shopping. Just loving her substitutions because coriander is salad cress and ginger is garlic!
6B930E60-9E4D-4D9E-91BB-B4275AA93E1B.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
I'm sure people have seen this article before but resharing because she is a fantasist stuck on a hamster / cat wheel of eternal fantasising.
Billy Liar is one of my favourite old b/w films and I remember the disappointment in his loved one's faces when yet again he was found out in another lie.
I have spent a lifetime with lying alcoholic narcissist parents and then gaslighty partners, I'm very attuned to lies and liars (despite still getting taken in by them)
it must be so draining being in her life for real, no wonder her only current outlets are twitter and a group where she is representing herself as something she isn't and accepted because this is what people in AA do out of kindness and acceptance. Her own family and friends are no doubt sick of her. I wonder if the Nye chaos is because someone excused not inviting her by saying ' I was going to invite you but everyone will be getting pissed and I know you're on your sober journey' ?

'There was a point, she admits, when she had nine anonymised Twitter accounts, for various arguments, including a Scottish one, Benedict Cumberscotch, for the Scottish independence debate. Another was reserved to follow rightwingers she wanted to keep an eye on'

Same as it ever was

Also to say, I love that Jimmy nail is softy soft gingerly starting to make a resurgence in these threads
Billy Liar is a fantastic film 👌🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I see that he has an article in the Guardian about going to the gym. Another expert after attending for a few months.

The Guardian seem to fall for these people who consider themselves experts even though they are really novices...see any of the contributions from Jack.
They're like kids, showing off new hobbies!

@Into_the_tunnel
Hope I didn't cause any upset talking about the fifteen minute thing in regards to it working for people eating their feelings, I didn't mean people with genuine disordered eating, just basic "bad day, tired, sugar" pathways but I don't think I made that clear.
She's got us all on eggshells, grrrrr.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
They're like kids, showing off new hobbies!

@Into_the_tunnel
Hope I didn't cause any upset talking about the fifteen minute thing in regards to it working for people eating their feelings, I didn't mean people with genuine disordered eating, just basic "bad day, tired, sugar" pathways but I don't think I made that clear.
She's got us all on eggshells, grrrrr.
Thank you, I know, we are all like frayed Viv dresses, fabulous but oh, so very, very tired of this tit.

(I probably misread because I was angry about something she had tweeted, shall we all up sticks to Hinch?)

♥

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
“Expert in everything” is what my grandad used to call the “pub bore” which is probably why I associate Jack with that insistent head who wants to talk at you about their poorly formed world view usually found in the pub, but also inhabits waiting rooms, delayed trains, driving a taxi or anywhere you can be trapped in conversation for 5 mins.
I think the instant expert tit is actually part of narcissist grandiosity in Jack’s case.
I also think her comment “I’m not the face of AA” is a giveaway that she does in fact want to be the face of AA

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.