Jack Monroe #235 Goggleslop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fear not, I archived it to the Wayback Machine at the time. https://web.archive.org/web/2020093...rice-of-potatoes-and-the-value-of-compassion/

Reminder to all other historians, archivists, librarians and keepers of records. Anyone can save stuff to the wayback machine. Thankyou
LJC I had to give up quite early on, guessing this was written during the j1g era?
Does anyone know how or where to read the stuff ref sb's dad and the deadname or is that completely gone now?
Not sure why I'm so interested but the peripheral information is fascinating.

Also disappointed that I refuse to pay to get past the Times paywall but the article linked upthread said jack was 'best mates with nigella Lawson' ????!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
honestly, all these mentions of "higher power" just keep making think of that bleeping coldplay song

jack's been sober for the approximately 6th time for about 5 mins. she does not have the authority to be telling potentially vulnerable people what to do. and the "group of d****s" comment was reprehensible

• Heart
Reactions: 55
LJC I had to give up quite early on, guessing this was written during the j1g era?
Does anyone know how or where to read the stuff ref sb's dad and the deadname or is that completely gone now?

Also disappointed that I refuse to pay to get past the Times paywall but the article linked upthread said jack was 'best mates with nigella Lawson' ????!!!
If by "best mates" they mean "has been trying to get in Nigella's pants for years", perhaps. AFIAK they interact on twitter and not much more.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

According to that Times article, Nigella regularly sends her gifts.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
No, you are wonderful.

I am sorry you're dealing with so much pain. I am also going to be a massive hypocrite and dole out a suggestion: If you haven't been offered transdermal pain relief like buprenorphine then it might be worth a shot if appropriate for your condition. It totally changed my life.

ETA I don't know how I fucked that quote up but screw it, I'll just do this... @Shawads so you see it!
Thank you for your lovely post, brought a lump to my throat. I do deal with and manage a hell of a lot for one person.
I've not been offered buprenorphine, I'm really glad it helps you, I don't know anything about it so will look it up, I've been in a few nys run pain management groups over the years and always been amazed at the array of pain medication that I've never heard of!
is it anything like fentanyl? I had that as patches but it literally made me trip balls, I was pregnant at the time, it was quite terrifying as I had not expected such extreme side effects ( this was before it was known as a street drug , ripe for misuse)

I have had a nightmare with various healthcare professionals and drugs over the years, I've tried so many things and it's often side effects which make things worse. Despite my current regime being quite hardcore it's surprisingly the one with the least troublesome side effects, I get very scared of letting it go and trialling anything else. Although lately my organs are showing signs of damage, I do wonder if it's the medication, side effects I don't actually see or feel !
[/QUOTE]

We can probably have a chat about this in the food and drink thread if you like, the pain clinic moved me onto these patches rather than pills because everything was making me nauseous and itchy, and I was starting to give up on life a bit tbh.

It's very different to fentanyl, but I'm sure Googling will answer your questions!
If you are curious about my experience happy to talk in that thread if we're allowed, I can't give advice as a medic on this but as a chronic pain monkey I just want to help other people, it's so isolating and depressing.

Much love to you, sometimes I'm grateful that JM brought us all together (but I still don't like you, Jack!).

• Heart
I honestly think she got more of those buzz word cards for the dinner table and she's picking out words to use on Twitter.

She literally lacks any form of common sense, she is not helpful in anyway shape or form, in either her cooking or campaigning career. She actually makes a mockery of both. No one wants to waste what little food they have blending it in edible and nobody wants a has-been celeb who has had multiple relapses telling them to just set down the drink!

She is tasteless and shameful and to be honest her therapists either need sacking or a payrise because one things for certain she ain't well!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Telling an alcoholic all they need to do is stop drinking, is like telling someone all they need to do to win the 100m at the Olympics is run fast. You’re an arse monroe.

does she go to an AA meeting in London because it’s a good laugh? Pity she is a poor single mother who can’t go anywhere alone…
I hate to say it but I'm wondering if the group she frequents on London might be predominantly a different class of drinker from the ones in her small town? I'm thinking Groucho club types who are maybe a touch on the lovey side and maybe give her a bit more of an ego boost than groups closer to home?
Or
When she said something about being the mother of the group, is it possible they're predominantly a much younger group who look up to her and are slightly starstruck?

I feel bad saying it as I don't want to denigrate people on the programme but I don't believe she's a regular attendee anywhere unless she gets a LOT of praise and approval .

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Bullshit Jack.
Bullshit, Bullshit, Bullshit (sorry @MancBee )
Your 'higher power' is the big man upstairs and his son on the cross and everything else that entails.
I apologise to anyone who is a Christian, I mean no offence only to Jack herself.
She is a full on hellfire and brimstone, Evangelical, Baptist Christian. She's declared herself an actual prophet.
She just won't say it on her socials because it doesn't sit right with her lefty Guardianista image. She's terrified the wokerati will turn on her for being anything too middle class or mainstream.

Have some gumption and stop hiding your beliefs. Utter melt.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Presbyterian champagne in NI parlance… in opposition to Lurgan Champagne (Buckfast) 🤣
I think I said it before but kids at my school used to say, buckfast makes you duck fast! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Who remembers when she thought Jeremy Corbin had personally emailed her, and she wrote a reply signed off with “your comrade, Jack” bloody shapeshifter

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
Who remembers when she thought Jeremy Corbin had personally emailed her, and she wrote a reply signed off with “your comrade, Jack” bloody shapeshifter
Now, was that before or after the Tory ‘conference’ appearance? 🤔

• Haha
  • Angry
[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]
We can probably have a chat about this in the food and drink thread if you like, the pain clinic moved me onto these patches rather than pills because everything was making me nauseous and itchy, and I was starting to give up on life a bit tbh.

It's very different to fentanyl, but I'm sure Googling will answer your questions!
If you are curious about my experience happy to talk in that thread if we're allowed, I can't give advice as a medic on this but as a chronic pain monkey I just want to help other people, it's so isolating and depressing.

Much love to you, sometimes I'm grateful that JM brought us all together (but I still don't like you, Jack!).
[/QUOTE]
Much love back and thank you, i know where you're coming from and understand your intentions are not to play god with vulnerable people on these hellsites 🤣🤣🤣
Agreed it can be very isolating and depressing. I think one of the hardest things is seeing my kids bored and disappointed, especially during the holidays. I'm grateful they still have a relationship with their dad who is v active.
Also grateful for this funny little corner too. Have to check out the f&d bit

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Oh, a note on the fridge! It must be genuine, that couldn't be faked at all. Have I ever mentioned that Mom sends me notes too?

note from nigella.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96
I actually felt a bit sorry for her as Jewish twitter and momentum twitter were both coming at her at once and I’m not actually sure how she didn’t get cancelled now that I think back….. did she leave twitter or chaos at the time?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.