Jack Monroe #235 Goggleslop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trifle defender blocked Jack after the 2 day long-covid thing. And the trifles of course.
I think it was even before that. TD had the measure of her from way back.
Iirc someone asked Jack about if she'd seen something TD had posted and Jack's reply was 'she blocked me ages ago'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
All I want is for the patreons to stop paying or to get something for their cash. Itā€™s the bare minimum she should do.
I wonder if there is zero chance of another book coming out, she seems to have lost all interest in food posts.
No, remember all the new recipes were STOLEN!!!

d942124b2edf3f87cb77c5aa621de8ba1e3562d7&rid=giphy.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
She follows thousands of accounts. God knows how she sees anything. Also, she is one of those people who follows/unfollows/follows to make you notice her.

Reactions: 39
No, remember all the new recipes were STOLEN!!!

View attachment 957939
Worse, TRAMPLED! Because of course you write all your precious recipes on loose leaf paper and keep them in the bleeping garage you absolute whelksplat.

Patreon lets the artist set different tiers of support. Some have low-level "just supporting you!" tiers but each tier has a description of what the artist promises you if you subscribe at that tier. I subscribe to one Patreon where every month I get a bit of absolutely beautiful mail that is a wonderful, happy surprise.

At the Ā£3.50+VAT tier, Jack promises:

"This tier unlocks all of the Patron-only posts, which will include a new discount code for my website at the start of every month. Discount codes are exclusive to Patrons only and will last the entire month, and will be posted as a post here on my Patreon page - so keep your eyes peeled! "

At the Ā£7+VAT tier, Jack promises the above plus 3 limited edition postcards per month. At Ā£10, weekly/monthly (location dependent) all-new recipes on high quality postcards. Ā£12, EVEN MORE POSTCARDS. Ā£24.... you guessed it........ even more postcards! If you are a high-level Jack patron and she wasn't a blatant liar, your postman would hate you. Also, signed books (that she never writes). Then finally for Ā£44, all that tit plus framed, signed prints.

So you are ostensibly paying for what the artist promises they will do based on how much you pledge. And is a prime reason these chumps should cancel their subscription (which I bet for many is just a forgotten direct debit). They'll never get any of the tit postcards. And why would you want them?
What is it you can get on the (terribly terribly broken needs ALL THE MOST EVER engineers to fix) website that needs a discount? Does she sell scummy slops on the sea shore?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Patreon lets the artist set different tiers of support. Some have low-level "just supporting you!" tiers but each tier has a description of what the artist promises you if you subscribe at that tier. I subscribe to one Patreon where every month I get a bit of absolutely beautiful mail that is a wonderful, happy surprise.

At the Ā£3.50+VAT tier, Jack promises:

"This tier unlocks all of the Patron-only posts, which will include a new discount code for my website at the start of every month. Discount codes are exclusive to Patrons only and will last the entire month, and will be posted as a post here on my Patreon page - so keep your eyes peeled! "

At the Ā£7+VAT tier, Jack promises the above plus 3 limited edition postcards per month. At Ā£10, weekly/monthly (location dependent) all-new recipes on high quality postcards. Ā£12, EVEN MORE POSTCARDS. Ā£24.... you guessed it........ even more postcards! If you are a high-level Jack patron and she wasn't a blatant liar, your postman would hate you. Also, signed books (that she never writes). Then finally for Ā£44, all that tit plus framed, signed prints.

So you are ostensibly paying for what the artist promises they will do based on how much you pledge. And is a prime reason these chumps should cancel their subscription (which I bet for many is just a forgotten direct debit). They'll never get any of the tit postcards. And why would you want them?
worth noting the Ā£3.50 tier used to just say in return for keeping her and SBā€™s pantry stocked youā€™d receive a general feeling of wellness, it was very much pitched as a charitable donation to her and SB.

Hoping one of our archival queens has the screen shot of this!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 63
I wonder whether her book has actually been cancelled. After all, it was at least a year late and was even then cobbled together at the last minute from scraps of paper, with a load of crap no one asked for like what to do with tumble-drier fluff. šŸ¤¢ It looked like a first draft was rejected early this year. Maybe the publishers just ran out of patience and decided to cut their losses. Itā€™s not going to make them any money, after all, the last one sold practically nothing.
Maybe this is one of the catastrophic events she referred to a couple of days back.
Itā€™s just that the story of all her ā€œrecipesā€ being trampled to bits by burglars would be a conveniently timed cover story for those squigs that donā€™t look too closely.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
worth noting the Ā£3.50 tier used to just say in return for keeping her and SBā€™s pantry stocked youā€™d receive a general feeling of wellness, it was very much pitched as a charitable donation to her and SB.

BF1E96DE-EB78-49EE-9110-38A461DE7FF4.jpeg

Screenshot from @NorthernSoul

edit: replaced screenshot

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 76
One for the 1978 truthers.
Nah, I did this and Iā€™m 1987. BT allowed you local calls for free for an hour, so I did this exact same thing with my primary school bestie (In NI, guessing in England too)

This AA bullshit is awful and I send all my love to our Fraus who are struggling with her right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I feel great knowing Iā€™m keeping Jackā€™s larder stocked. And by larder, I mean wardrobe full of designer clothes.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

I take it that that description gave her a rash until she changed it to a false promise, as she's allergic to being honest.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I wonder whether her book has actually been cancelled. After all, it was at least a year late and was even then cobbled together at the last minute from scraps of paper, with a load of crap no one asked for like what to do with tumble-drier fluff. šŸ¤¢ It looked like a first draft was rejected early this year. Maybe the publishers just ran out of patience and decided to cut their losses. Itā€™s not going to make them any money, after all, the last one sold practically nothing.
Maybe this is one of the catastrophic events she referred to a couple of days back.
Itā€™s just that the story of all her ā€œrecipesā€ being trampled to bits by burglars would be a conveniently timed cover story for those squigs that donā€™t look too closely.
RRP for good food for bad days is Ā£7.99, with some majorly favourable (to her) assumptions:
A) the publisher receives 100% of RRP purely cos idk bookseller margins.
B) All books were sold at that Ā£7.99 print RRP which is doubtful due to digital sales & regular discounting
C) The Nielsen figure is 100% of book sales (unlikely so us being ungenerous here, as she has an in with a number of smaller booksellers & her own web store which Iā€™m assuming wonā€™t be reporting sales data to Nielsen!)

Then that means the publishers got Ā£24.8k for the project. Deducting editing, legal, design, print, warehouse, shipping, marketing, sales teams and other general publisher staff resourcing costs (fixed overheads?) AND her advance there really canā€™t be much in it for them if not an actual loss. And thatā€™s with the very biggest revenue the project possibly could have generated.

The next book will be printed on old chippy chip paper to cut costs if at all!

View attachment 957995

Screenshot from @NorthernSoul

edit: replaced screenshot
thank you ā¤šŸ˜˜ x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
and now our favourite dessert champion has retweeted the "not as simple as 'just don't drink'" tweet!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
The production values were pretty poor for Good Food for Bad Days (it looked very cheaply done), so they had a nerve trying to sell it for Ā£7.99 if you ask me.
I think they probably took her on under a 4-book contract or whatever on the strength of the sales of her first book, which was with a different publisher. But itā€™s been diminishing returns. I expect they canā€™t wait to get rid of her.
Ditto her agents, come to that. She canā€™t be earning them any money and the efforts they make to get her work are probably not worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.