Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nightfeedz

I don’t know if I can bear to read to the end of the thread. I dread to think where this will land but I just have to say this. I rarely let Jack’s crap get to me but the mental health stuff has hit a nerve.

How can she have had so much therapy and access to so much help and blatantly give no shits about anyone else who is suffering reading all of this? It is all so, so irresponsible.

The language she uses to discuss mental health is so harmful and it is upsetting that vulnerable people will read her words.

She reminds me so much of someone I know who just had to be worse off than everyone else. it’s just so infuriating to read the same old crap about nothing ever helping.

Honesty helps. Community helps. Vulnerability. Peer support. Listening to other peoples stories.

But it will do fuck all if you keep trying to win the worst mental health ever award. I don’t understand how someone can care so little about how other people feel. And happily call themselves an activist.

• Heart
Reactions: 74

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
My top 10 thread titles, in no particular order:

The winter of our fishcontent

Why you sob? Russell Hobb

The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Leader of the Slopposition

I blended my pears specially

And Still I Rinse

The case of the disappearing poverty manuscript and other short stories

You don't batch tweet when you've got a 106 fever

The Judge can send us down to hell, but we won't eat that Bechamel

• Haha
  • Heart

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Getting these vibes from Jack. Cringe.
485240A9-480F-4027-ABD6-64D2AB1D6D0F.jpeg

What’s next? One of those tees that says ‘You laugh at me because I’m different, I laugh at you because you’re all the same’.

• Haha
  • Heart

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
It's very nearly the week before Christmas.

If I was a food 'influencer' now, I'd be doing festive recipes of the day (under the name of something like 'The 12 Tastes of Christmas'), sharing the work of up and coming food writers (particularly those writing about Christmas traditions from other cultures) and doing snazzy, super-sharable Christmas food top tips / hacks graphics (really, really easy to make). I wouldn't be doing thread after thread about my greying grundies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

colouredlines

VIP Member
I stopped working any kind of conventional job this year, and while it's generally been amazing, it's also very tedious at times. Without routine and things to do to fill your days, you'll go mad not working.

Jack hasn't worked properly in ten years.

Honestly, the best thing she could possibly do for her mental health would be get a fairly dull, normal job, build a routine around it, and never use Twitter again.

She won't, of course.

• Heart
Reactions: 72

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Some of the suggestions are class. Loads of people telling her to take up swimming (SHE SINKS OK?), I've seen a couple suggesting microdosing acid (SHE'S A RECOVERING ADDICT OK?) and now Billy Bragg's just turned up to suggest singing (SHE LOST HER VOICE IN THE POVERTY OK???).

• Haha
Reactions: 72

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Obviously mums are allowed to have their own identity etc etc but my kid is the same age as SB...they are at that age where they are properly exploring their own identities, it's a really exciting time and so lovely to see.
it's so weird to me that Jack is making such a big song and dance about her own identity transformation around this time (she was steampunk for 1 day last week right??) It must be so annoying and embarrassing for him. A few weeks ago my daughter threatened to block me on whatsapp for using the sneezing emoji

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
jm.png

When Jack was a smol-ler pixie,
Her father took her into the city,
To see the lilac mercedes.

He said, one day,
You'll grow up,
And grift and lie aplenty
And wear a black parade....

(Morning Dear Hearts, hope your day doesn't turn you emo) xxx

• Haha
  • Heart
Jack is like the final boss of thirteen-year-old girls. Honestly feel like I am imprisoned in 2006 whenever I look at her Twitter feed and it's excruciating. Bet she wishes she had friends so she could constantly re-arrange her top eight in order of preference.

• Haha
  • Heart

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Look at fucking Carrie Bradshaw over here!

Jesus, her wardrobe is bigger than most people's bedrooms! That shitty bungalow is a Tardis!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 70

Flash123

VIP Member
Now her black-ish wardrobe is actually going to make it harder to dress because everything’s going to look grungy and some items will be odd shades that don’t look right together. How hard was it to pull a blouse/t-shirt/jumper on with a pair of jeans and a jacket? 🤷🏼‍♀️
Thread title: Black-ish

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
I dyed a pair of faded black "jeggings"..(i know, sorry) last week, and the container said that one tub would do one or two items.

Shoving half her wardrobe in the machine is just ludicrous.

Also....when I was 18...in the 80s... I put black food colouring in all of my shampoo, conditioner and shower gels. I thought I was edgy but I was just a bit of a tit

• Haha
  • Heart
I concur Silver. A little bit of chaos is entertaining but this is just getting wild. The kitten thing is genuinely upsetting, she's rinsing her supposed health conditions for attention (thereby giving her no incentive to get better if she's truly unwell) and she's back to being a snippy cunt to squigs for no good reason. I feel like I have an idea of where it's going but I'm going to remain deliberately vague because it doesn't bear thinking about. I will say I'm fairly sure it's not ending in paying her taxes, sending out postcards or becoming a better person.

• Sad
  • Heart
Those pictures make me sad because Jack hates them too. I think that early summer 2020 is when she did have a genuine, somewhat Tattle induced, breakdown. Not because of us but because she finally saw the reality of the grift and how she couldn’t carry on that way. Mix (fold) that in with covid, her genuine MH issues and Louisa leaving and I think there was the beginning of self reflection. However the lifestyle just took a different shape and the patrons pay the rent regardless so she buried it. I think sometimes it does pop up and it’s overwhelming and she is reflective and hates it.

I’ve been following Jack for years and years and she’s never been this bad. I think she knows she has an expiration date for this phase of her career and is trying to maximise her earning potential.

TLDR. It’s xmas and I can’t help but feel aching sadness at another human hurting. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Silver, I'm with you on all of it. Two things can be true at the same time - one can be a shameless, narc grifter and still be a person worthy of compassion. I often think her life really is a living hell. Not for any of the reasons she gives, of course.

• Heart