Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PsychicCaramel

Don’t know whether to laugh or cry at her glibly listing all the expensive mental health treatment she’s been lucky enough to be able to access, when so many are being fobbed off by the NHS whilst having actual problems. I’ve been trying for years to get real help, can’t afford to go private. In the current system it seems it’s possible to be the wrong kind of mentally ill. Without oversharing too much most of my issues stem from having a mother rather like Jack so I guess this is why I’m here...
Sixteen weeks of five day a week therapy ffs, and she’s still performing on social media. Also, ‘bleakly bleak bit’ - she thinks she’s edgy but she’s twee personified.

• Heart
Reactions: 82

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I wonder if Jack's considered the possibility that she's got mercury poisoning from all the fish she eats 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 78

Silver Linings

VIP Member
I don’t think we’ll look back on this era fondly, it all seems to be building towards something and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

SlopAmbsase

Chatty Member
As long as my Mom @Alansbigplate doesn’t mind, as an early Xmas gift to the cabal I am happy to resurrect any treasured Refaces. They may not be as beautifully cursed as Mom’s but excuse me for needing a piss and a sandwich occasionally.

4e8822521626c82f73743b847d1489967eaa1c10&rid=giphy.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Wait, is she actually dyeing all her clothes? This can only go well. For us, I mean. The idea of the depression wardrobe alone is hysterical to me. Does she think that people with bipolar have one wardrobe of all black and one of fluorescent ensembles? I do, obvs. When I'm in a mixed episode I have Slopbot pick one item from each wardrobe at random, it's like a sartorial mood ring 💃

• Haha
  • Heart

Wooh

VIP Member
Confession: I brought a rescue cat home two years ago, and simply played him down, expecting my implacable, kind and confident, "travel anywhere" first cat to happily accept. Big mistake, terrible. Cat1 was terrified. (The new cat was fine, probably relieved to just be anywhere with food and shelter.) It took weeks for her/Cat1 to recover from my error. And I, an experienced car person, was mortified. I made a formal apology to them last night as they lay in their (cardboard) boxed side by side with their paws touching. They indicated I'm an idiot, but they're over it

• Heart
  • Haha

Legionnairess

Chatty Member
If anyone offers them their winter fuel allowance to get the tv and Wi-Fi lights back on I will graciously accept my ban from here, create a sock account and tell that poor squiggle exactly why they shouldn’t give Jack one bloody penny.

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
can't wait till emo jack goes the full adrian mole and paints her room black, only for the wallpaper to show through like noddy's bells

• Haha
  • Heart
My work trousers + shoes + trainers comes to more than that, and my coat is worth ~£300 (but is quite old now). But yeah, everything else together is probably not much more than a couple of hundred.

I am a ~middle aged man though, which probably makes a difference.
I'm behind so don't know where this will land. I love it when someone outs themselves as a man here. In my head you all look like this

Apart from @MancBee obvs.

• Haha
  • Heart

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Slightly off-topic, but the Trifle Defender had some comments re: David Baddiel's programme on social media bullying last night (despite some pretty awful behaviour from him, especially on the bird app). I'm sure he asked Jack to be interviewed but she was BUSY.

Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 10.58.44.png

• Heart
  • Wow

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Ex cocaine addict here. Wasted thousands on that shit. Including a big redundancy pay off 😞

It was a really grim time of my life. I left London and cut out pretty much everyone from those years.

Horrible, horrible drug.

• Heart
  • Sad

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
I think 'The Winter Of Our Fishcontent' and 'Why You Sob? Russell Hobb' are my two favourite-ever titles.

If I drop something, or stub my toe or suffer any form of catastrophe, I always mutter to myself "Why you sob? Russell Hobb" and my partner thinks I have gone mad.

• Haha
Reactions: 75

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
Screenshot_20211214-145147_Twitter.jpg

You just keep dyeing your clothes, Jack. Don't worry about the 75+ people who expressed an interest in buying a print of the over-saturated tree.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 75