Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh. Listing Endless Foods Jack is quite possibly my least favourite Jack. When combined with Fake Oirish Jack, it makes me want to bash my own head in with a tin of sardines.

Also, two mentions of the "next book" in a single day? After complete silence for months? Given that she was allegedly "tweaking this gorgeous great hunk of manuscript" almost a year ago, I'm calling bullshit on her editing it now.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Well that certainly thickened up in the oven. It has the consistency of blancmange. Or set scrambled egg 🤢.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
🤯
I love how her own mother wont share a recipe with not-a-chef Jack! Too worried of the monstrosity she'd adapt it into.

Hopefully her folks are over for another intervention and to finally take her phone away.
It was heavily hinted that JMs mum may be going around for the black pudding and saint agur pasta bake. I refuse to call it a pasticcio when in runs so far from the original recipe ( see also avgolemono, ribollita, risotto and many, sooo many more).

The recipients of the bake will be it my thoughts and prayers tonight.

ETA have just seen that Jack, herself has called in a pasta bake 🤯

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Took her a few days to settle on a topic but burying that nasty tweet with "what's your favourite" storm is rolling, tedious little trash goblin.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Also she can’t spell ‘Béchamel’.

It’s split. I just went and magnified the Twitter pics. The massive fool, why would you post a photo of that.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
How it started: saint Agur pastitsio

How it’s going: pasta bake topped with separated Béchamel flavoured with pig’s blood sausage.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
I'm a bit ill, not enough to retweet that fact repeatedly, but enough to spend all day on the sofa. Earlier I was digging through some Jack Instagram archives.

There's some stuff that only becomes truly fucked up in hindsight, like the pets that get introduced, photographed 20 times in a month, then are never spoken of again. But I don't want to go into that too much...

I was curious about how long her veganism actually lasted. It started as Veganuary (although she didn't mention that in the infamous Guardian piece). By the 12th of February she was judging a kids' LGBT-themed baking contest (?), with plenty of non-vegan cakes:

View attachment 917189

Then it gets a bit messy and full of contradictions. Non-vegan food (and face cream!) shows up quite regularly for the rest of 2016, and by the time we get into 2017 we see:

View attachment 917194

I feel like she lied about being vegan a LOT longer than she actually was vegan...

If I'm still unwell tomorrow I might tally up the number of times she talks about her newfound sobriety. It happens a LOT - note the date here, October 2016:

View attachment 917207
I have no doubt Jack is an addict and displays many characteristics of one. I don’t know why she does the vegan stuff, it’s odd but as someone in recovery I do understand the lies about sobriety etc. However, she lies about everything, and quite a lot. My main issue is that she doesn’t tend to stick to anything once the initial glow wears off so I wonder how you she manage long term sobriety. The drinking has always been a very convenient excuse for her to blame her worst behaviour on

• Heart
Reactions: 39
So someone (her mum?) has come over for slop dinner and she's spent it tweeting non-stop?

What a sad little life Jack.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I love how her own mother wont share a recipe with not-a-chef Jack! Too worried of the monstrosity she'd adapt it into.

Hopefully her folks are over for another intervention and to finally take her phone away.
That's what I am worried about. Please don't duck up honest food. Just stick too beans.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.